Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

renoskier

MWC Updated/Early Lines...week 3

Tennessee Tech @ Utah State (who cares?)

Hawaii @ Army (-7) no respect!

Boise State @ Oklahoma State (-3)

New Mexico (-6) @ New Mexico State

Colorado State @ Florida (-19)

San Jose State @ Oregon (-41.5) yikes!

Oregon State @ Nevada (-5) what?

Fresno State (-1) @ UCLA 

Arizona State (-3.5) @ San Diego State

Wofford @ Wyoming (who cares?)

Prairie View A&M @ UNLV (who cares?)

Air Force off in the wild blue yonder

Oregon State has the nations longest road losing streak. I really hope Nevada isn't the one to end it...

Surprised that Army is favored over Hawaii, but that is a really long trip.

No line for UCLA/Fresno? I really hope Fresno wins that one.

Can't wait for the Boise/OSU game. Should be a great one.

6 hours ago, renoskier said:

Colorado State @ Florida State (-19)

Fresno State @ UCLA ????

Csu plays Florida..  not Florida St.

35 minutes ago, RiverCityBronco said:

Either way, this now appears to be a winnable game for CSU.  

?

The Arkansas win was huge, but I think it was an aberration.

I would be thrilled to be wrong about it, but I don’t think the Rams stay within 3 touchdowns of the Gators.

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

8 hours ago, renoskier said:

Colorado State @ Florida State (-19)

Fresno State @ UCLA ????

Army

Boise

San Diego

New Mexico

all locks this week

1 hour ago, RogueStout said:

?

The Arkansas win was huge, but I think it was an aberration.

I would be thrilled to be wrong about it, but I don’t think the Rams stay within 3 touchdowns of the Gators.

Didn’t Florida lose at home to Kentucky?  I think that should be a cause for optimism if you are a CSU fan. 

5812325074_d6d40a5a2c_b.jpg

21 minutes ago, RiverCityBronco said:

Didn’t Florida lose at home to Kentucky?  I think that should be a cause for optimism if you are a CSU fan. 

From your fingertips to the football gods’ ears.

Again, I would LOVE to be wrong.

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

1 hour ago, RiverCityBronco said:

I watched that game. It wasn't so much a matter of a less-than-stellar Florida team making Kentucky look good. Kentucky ran the ball for over 300 yards against Florida's somewhat young, but very athletic defense. Kentucky's defense won at the line of scrimmage against a bigger and far more experienced o-line. Florida's going to watch a lot of film this week and make adjustments on the o-line. CSEwe's "defense" won't be able to stop them. All the same, bet the over. This one should be a shootout.

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

32 minutes ago, Wyovanian said:

I watched that game. It wasn't so much a matter of a less-than-stellar Florida team making Kentucky look good. Kentucky ran the ball for over 300 yards against Florida's somewhat young, but very athletic defense. Kentucky's defense won at the line of scrimmage against a bigger and far more experienced o-line. Florida's going to watch a lot of film this week and make adjustments on the o-line. CSEwe's "defense" won't be able to stop them. All the same, bet the over. This one should be a shootout.

???? At what number?

New Mexico line is going all over the place. Was as high as 7.5 but now down to 5.5.

UCLA/Fresno there is no line because there is a injury question for the UCLA QB.

SDSU starting QB Christian Chapman will be out several weeks with an ankle injury.

5 hours ago, RiverCityBronco said:

Either way, this now appears to be a winnable game for CSU.  

Can't agree. Florida just got upset by UK while CSU upset Arkansas. But for those results, maybe the Gators might overlook the Rams. Instead, I see a curb stomp looming.

Boom goes the dynamite.

58 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

New Mexico line is going all over the place. Was as high as 7.5 but now down to 5.5.

UCLA/Fresno there is no line because there is a injury question for the UCLA QB.

SDSU starting QB Christian Chapman will be out several weeks with an ankle injury.

I don't think it will matter. Consider this. Chapman's QB rating was better in his first 1/3 of a season as a starter than it was in his second year when he started every game and it was better that year than in his third season as the FT starter and his QB rating is lower this year than it was in 2017. I like the young man a lot but although stats can be misleading, I don't think they're misleading at all here. So maybe Agnew won't pass well either but contrary to Chapman, Agnew is a very good runner. Fast and pretty illusive.

As to Fresno, the injury to UCLA's QB doesn't matter either. Speight's skill set is so wrong for Chip Kelly's offense that it amazes me Speight didn't choose to go some place besides Westwood. If McMaryion plays reasonably well, Fresno wins.

New Mexico versus NMSU? Gotta be one of the absolute worst games on the NCAA football schedule for Saturday. Think Dr. Dre's avatar for the state of Wyoming.

Boom goes the dynamite.

1 hour ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

I don't think it will matter. Consider this. Chapman's QB rating was better in his first 1/3 of a season as a starter than it was in his second year when he started every game and it was better that year than in his third season as the FT starter and his QB rating is lower this year than it was in 2017. I like the young man a lot but although stats can be misleading, I don't think they're misleading at all here. So maybe Agnew won't pass well either but contrary to Chapman, Agnew is a very good runner. Fast and pretty illusive.

As to Fresno, the injury to UCLA's QB doesn't matter either. Speight's skill set is so wrong for Chip Kelly's offense that it amazes me Speight didn't choose to go some place besides Westwood. If McMaryion plays reasonably well, Fresno wins.

New Mexico versus NMSU? Gotta be one of the absolute worst games on the NCAA football schedule for Saturday. Think Dr. Dre's avatar for the state of Wyoming.

With UCLA, I was just remarking that is why their isn't a line placed on the game yet. When the bettors get word on that, they will set up the line.

With Chapman, I'm not really impressed by him however I do think there is a different on a team when you lose your starting QB for a while. It could affect some betting lines but at the same time their opponents may now put all in on the running game and then dare SDSU to beat them passing the ball. But it will be interesting to see how SDSU adapts to the situation.