Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4UNLV

Random hoops/non football thread

3 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

Oakland's lawsuit could include keeping 'the raiders' name and logo. :blink:

cleveland set precedence, this might not be good.

There is no current lawsuit by the city of Oakland.  It may still come but, it hasn't started yet.

But, the threat may push the Raiders to leave Oakland earlier than planned.  They could be out of there after this season.

The Raiders could be sharing a Stadium next season with UNLV or SJSU as possible landing sites until 2020.  They could end up someplace else but, those are the two most likely locations for 2019.

Well @4UNLV, if anyone needs a mascot change the Angels AA affiliate suggests the Rocket City Trash Pandas

https://www.foxsports.com/west/story/rocket-city-trash-pandas-mobile-baybears-los-angeles-angels-double-a-affiliate-gets-new-name-090618

Did you know that the 10th President of the United States (John Tyler) who was born in 1790 still has two grandsons who are alive today? These two dudes can talk to someone and say "yeah, my father was born ten years before the war". Not World War 2, not World War 1. But the F-ing Civil War! How insane is that?! 238 years after his birth, John Tyler still has living grandsons. Mind blown!

swedish-alfup.png

1 hour ago, WilliamHicks said:

:facepalm:Its the 2nd week of Football season, and you guys want to talk about basketball? 

Just stuff you see here and there that we don't want to start a new thread for. don't worry, football is king, but life does exist beyond that, lol. B)

11 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

Oakland's lawsuit could include keeping 'the raiders' name and logo. :blink:

cleveland set precedence, this might not be good.

I hope this happens honestly. 

10 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Yeah, new city, new stadium, newish  coach, why not a new name?

Personally, I'd like to see Oakland keep the name, just in case.

In case of what?  they had a team and ran them out. The NFL will never go back. 

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

4 minutes ago, boisewitha-s said:

In case of what?  they had a team and ran them out. The NFL will never go back. 

Unless someone else wants in.                                                        

Who knows what the climate will be in 20 years or so?

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

55 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Yeah, new city, new stadium, newish  coach, why not a new name?

Personally, I'd like to see Oakland keep the name, just in case.

That's where I'm at too. If they'd have moved to LA I'd have been cool with them taking the name + history with them. But seeing as they aren't, that shit should stay in Oakland. To me it isn't even about hoping some team comes back. I could give a shit less. I never liked the Raiders to begin with and I think they ruined the Coliseum. That being said, whatever happened in Oakland over all those years should stay in Oakland. If they want to start anew in the desert, they should truly start anew in the desert. 

46 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

That's where I'm at too. If they'd have moved to LA I'd have been cool with them taking the name + history with them. But seeing as they aren't, that shit should stay in Oakland. To me it isn't even about hoping some team comes back. I could give a shit less. I never liked the Raiders to begin with and I think they ruined the Coliseum. That being said, whatever happened in Oakland over all those years should stay in Oakland. If they want to start anew in the desert, they should truly start anew in the desert. 

Wait, why would you be okay with keeping the name in LA but not in Las Vegas?

That doesn't make much sense. 

8 hours ago, renoskier said:

Yeah it does. They have a colorful history in LA. I wouldn't have  had a problem with them, having moved to LA, calling themselves the Raiders, as it would have made some sense. But, seeing as they want something totally new, they should become, for all intents and purposes, a new franchise, which means leaving the history, color, and logos behind. 

I'd rather that than have an NFL version of the Oklahoma City Sonics. 

5 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

Twice. 

I don't think not wanting to get extorted is "running them out" and Alameda County is still paying on Mt. Davis which they built to bring them back in the late 90s but what do I know. 

41 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Yeah it does. They have a colorful history in LA. I wouldn't have  had a problem with them, having moved to LA, calling themselves the Raiders, as it would have made some sense. But, seeing as they want something totally new, they should become, for all intents and purposes, a new franchise, which means leaving the history, color, and logos behind. 

I'd rather that than have an NFL version of the Oklahoma City Sonics. 

I don't think not wanting to get extorted is "running them out" and Alameda County is still paying on Mt. Davis which they built to bring them back in the late 90s but what do I know. 

but wasn't Oakland doing exactly what SJSU has been doing? Making promises for years and not following through? Maybe it's a bay area thing. 

12 hours ago, renoskier said:

Sure it does. There used to be an LA Raiders.

Like Joe, I kind of like the idea of a name staying with the city. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama