Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LaradiseCowboy

If you liked the turnover chain BSU has something for you

Boise State has a turnover throne for the ‘Kings of Chaos’...

“A turnover belt isn’t going to cut it, not for a group that calls itself the “Kings of Chaos.”

The Boise State Broncos unveiled their turnover throne on Saturday, taking it with them to Troy, Ala., and it’s as grand a piece of furniture as you might expect. All a defender has to do to be allowed to sit on the throne is, duh, come up with a turnover. Senior linebacker Tony Lashley was the first to place his cheeks upon the throne of honor, recording an interception during the Broncos’ 56-20 victory over Troy.”

D8BC0A4D-D806-4D60-9DB1-1BF59774518C.thumb.jpeg.351ec92d5d46d57efb97c8b3a44ffa93.jpeg

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/early-lead/wp/2018/09/02/boise-state-has-a-turnover-throne-for-the-kings-of-chaos-and-its-magnificent/

Union.jpg.6989c32e721d578d3952602294d1af90.jpgCampus500x283.jpg.208ead7433af78ce44bb775b8561f0c7.jpg

Snowies.jpg.8548e47a8f188d64d1a93ecde4744b11.jpgIMG_1401.JPG.cfa8ec5eeb3ac75f090d8d5e59dd0805.JPG

The (only?) good news is that you can’t see it when the player sits in it because their teammates block the view, unlike the turnover belt where they get to the highest point and hold it over their head and mug away for 5 minutes.

The announcers said something about a bike too, but I guess they didn’t bring it along on the trip.

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

6 hours ago, LaradiseCowboy said:

Boise State has a turnover throne for the ‘Kings of Chaos’...

“A turnover belt isn’t going to cut it, not for a group that calls itself the “Kings of Chaos.”

The Boise State Broncos unveiled their turnover throne on Saturday, taking it with them to Troy, Ala., and it’s as grand a piece of furniture as you might expect. All a defender has to do to be allowed to sit on the throne is, duh, come up with a turnover. Senior linebacker Tony Lashley was the first to place his cheeks upon the throne of honor, recording an interception during the Broncos’ 56-20 victory over Troy.”

D8BC0A4D-D806-4D60-9DB1-1BF59774518C.thumb.jpeg.351ec92d5d46d57efb97c8b3a44ffa93.jpeg

https://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/early-lead/wp/2018/09/02/boise-state-has-a-turnover-throne-for-the-kings-of-chaos-and-its-magnificent/

They're going to have to reupholster that thing after the Wyoming game.

I'll admit it.......I love it. Its awesome. A way to get more attention on your school. LAst year everyone had chains, belts, etc. So Boise came out and dunked on everyone.

Wyoming will never do anything like this with BOhl being "old school" and that's fine but I admit as an outsider looking in that it is awesome.

Its a game it should be fun.

When I hear "turnover throne" I don't think "table setting for the duchess of canterbury"

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

59 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

that seems like a cruel way to showcase Brett Rypien throwing another INT

:rimshot1:

I get the joke .. haha .. just want to point out that Ryp doesn’t throw a lot of interceptions, but the ones he does throw are usually ill timed or catastrophic.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

17 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I get the joke .. haha .. just want to point out that Ryp doesn’t throw a lot of interceptions, but the ones he does throw are usually ill timed or catastrophic.

I blame Harsin for this. All catastrophic turnovers are his fault. #Fireharsin

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

49 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I actually like the concept, I suspect lots of schools will follow suit in the future.  I expect it to catch on fast and these to be on the sidelines next year for the turnover king:

Wyoming

04-Single-Horse-Big-31.jpg

Air Force

plane-amusement-ride-tub-300x224.jpg

Fresno

120505_MAIN._AC_SL1500_V1492724281_.jpg