Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

USA Today 1-130 Week 2 Re-Rank

This is how the MWC slotted in

14 - Boise State (0)
31 - SDSU (-12)
48 - Fresno State (+11)
52 - Utah State (+22)
63 - Hawai'i (+39)
68 - Wyoming (-1)
89 - Air Force (0)
103 - Nevada (+10)
105 - CSU (-13)
108 - UNLV (-1)
117 - New Mexico (+2)
128 - SJSU (0)

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2018/09/04/re-rank-1-130-college-football-auburn-notre-dame-lsu-climb/1187918002/

6 minutes ago, retrofade said:

14 - Boise State (0)
31 - SDSU (-12)
48 - Fresno State (+11)
52 - Utah State (+22)
63 - Hawai'i (+39)
68 - Wyoming (-1)
89 - Air Force (0)
103 - Nevada (+10)
105 - CSU (-13)
108 - UNLV (-1)
117 - New Mexico (+2)
128 - SJSU (0)

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2018/09/04/re-rank-1-130-college-football-auburn-notre-dame-lsu-climb/1187918002/

Despite their best efforts, SJSU is isn't the worst team in the country. Amazing.

7 minutes ago, mondego said:

Despite their best efforts, SJSU is isn't the worst team in the country. Amazing.

Charlie Weis took an already-floundering program and burned it to the ground with his yearly Juco loadups.  You always hear about how bad the scholarship situation is for new coaches when they come in.  "we had only 65 players on scholarship" or something like that (which is bad, don't get me wrong. Kansas apparently had 38 when Beaty took over.  38 scholarship football players. Now, the balance of power in CFB has shifted and Kansas is never, ever gonna get back to where they were under Mangino...but they should really be Oregon State bad and not UTEP or SJSU bad just by virtue of the talent they can pull in with that Big 12 patch on the uni.

UTEP...it's fascinating how bad they are.  Takes effort to be worse than the Spartans, NAU isn't exactly an FCS power.

10 minutes ago, mondego said:

Well, UTEP started off at 130, so the Spartoons couldn't really bump them out of that spot. I don't think Kansas should have moved "ahead" of SJSU though, they should be the three worst teams, but the order in terms of worst to slightly less worse should be UTEP, SJSU, and then Kansas. 

8 minutes ago, WilliamHicks said:

How in the hell does SDSU rank higher than Fresno in the re rank? They freaking lost. 

Fresno, now you have learned why you should never schedule the Vandals.  Or if you do, commit to scoring over 100 points. 

Aztecs started off at #19 apparently, while we started at #59. I don't think you could reasonably jump us higher than they did considering who we played, and they couldn't drop the Aztecs too terribly further than they did either. 

11 minutes ago, retrofade said:

Well, UTEP started off at 130, so the Spartoons couldn't really bump them out of that spot. I don't think Kansas should have moved "ahead" of SJSU though, they should be the three worst teams, but the order in terms of worst to slightly less worse should be UTEP, SJSU, and then Kansas. 

Maybe at the end of the season we can have another type of playoff, where the bottom 4 teams compete to see who sucks the most in FBS.   We can call it the TurdOff. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 hour ago, mugtang said:

Maybe at the end of the season we can have another type of playoff, where the bottom 4 teams compete to see who sucks the most in FBS.   We can call it the TurdOff. 

We can probably go ahead and do that now. I mean, who are we kidding, right?

1 hour ago, WilliamHicks said:

How in the hell does SDSU rank higher than Fresno in the re rank? They freaking lost. 

Fresno, now you have learned why you should never schedule the Vandals.  Or if you do, commit to scoring over 100 points. 

Fresno hasn't played anybody yet. Pretty simple

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

1 hour ago, mugtang said:

I like it, but TurdOff sounds more like the name of a sponsor.

How 'bout, The Spartan Bowl, brought to you by TurdOff?

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

2 hours ago, retrofade said:

Aztecs started off at #19 apparently, while we started at #59. I don't think you could reasonably jump us higher than they did considering who we played, and they couldn't drop the Aztecs too terribly further than they did either. 

I don't quite get that pre-season rank, but it is good that the Aztecs get that level of respect. 

3 hours ago, retrofade said:

Really bizarre there was such a huge discrepancy starting off between SDSU and Fresno with Fresno winning the division and crushing the Aztecs in SD last year. I get that SDSU has earned some respect over the last three years but Fresno looks to me to be possibly the most underrated team in the entire country. Makes no sense that Houston was getting way more preseason love than Fresno after getting handled by FSU in their bowl game either. The Bulldogs can definitely start making some national noise in the next couple weeks though.

3 hours ago, WilliamHicks said:

Prolly because we shutdown a proven Heisman worthy talent....that and if Stanford had just one less Arceiga-Whiteside it's probably an even match-up. 

image.png.9754246a70b13735d1b56ddeaf6d7aae.png

image.png.1ae81bec96a6318c0cc370dc71e2aa5c.png

26 minutes ago, KingBronco said:

Really bizarre there was such a huge discrepancy starting off between SDSU and Fresno with Fresno winning the division and crushing the Aztecs in SD last year. I get that SDSU has earned some respect over the last three years but Fresno looks to me to be possibly the most underrated team in the entire country. Makes no sense that Houston was getting way more preseason love than Fresno after getting handled by FSU in their bowl game either. The Bulldogs can definitely start making some national noise in the next couple weeks though.

If you are lazy and don't go on returners it's easy to pick SDSU over Fresno...mostly because a one-year turnaround is almost always followed by a let down. However, with your QB returning and a lot of the team intact it is pretty weird. 

4 hours ago, retrofade said:

14 - Boise State (0)
31 - SDSU (-12)
48 - Fresno State (+11)
52 - Utah State (+22)
63 - Hawai'i (+39)
68 - Wyoming (-1)
89 - Air Force (0)
103 - Nevada (+10)
105 - CSU (-13)
108 - UNLV (-1)
117 - New Mexico (+2)
128 - SJSU (0)

hawaii jumped up 39 places to 63.you already know cuz.

SJSU at 128...that's an all time low for my Spartans. :sh*tfan: