Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thelawlorfaithful

The Kavanaughcalypse!

10 minutes ago, pokebball said:

All of us vomited a little in our mouths.  But we swallowed!

I need to retire so I can keep up with Retro on post count, I have a mere 3k posts over 13 years.

110926run_defense710.jpg

3 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

If she wants publicity why wouldn’t she immediately agree to testify on Monday? If she wanted publicity why wouldn’t she be talking into a microphone right now?

The democrats don't want her to testify.  That would help the  republicans push the vote along.   

3 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

If she wants publicity why wouldn’t she immediately agree to testify on Monday? If she wanted publicity why wouldn’t she be talking into a microphone right now?

60 Minutes, 20/20, and various shows would be a kinder, empathetic, safer route to fortune & fame.

110926run_defense710.jpg

5 minutes ago, pokebball said:

So I'm reading up on some other stuff around this claim.  At first I thought, oh this is bad for BK.  Then she falls flat on her face.  I like the part where she says, "Christine’s vivid recollection should be more than enough for us to truly, deeply know that the accusation is true".  Vivid recollection?  Really?

https://www.mediaite.com/online/ford-classmate-claims-kavanaugh-incident-happened-then-deletes-facebook-post/

A classmate of Brett Kavanaugh’s accuser Christine Blasey Ford said her allegations were known by many people at their high school, and that he should “own up to it.”

“I graduated from Holton Arms, and knew both Brett Kavanaugh and Mark Judge. Christine Blasey Ford was a year or so behind me, I remember her, I signed this letter [supporting ford],” Cristina King said in a now-deleted tweet. “The incident was spoken about for days afterwords in school. Kavanaugh should stop lying, own up to it and apologize.”

In a Facebook post, which she also removed, King further elaborated on what she claims to have known about Kavanaugh’s alleged attempts to drunkenly sexually assault Ford at a party in 1982.

“I did not know her personally but I remember her. This incident did happen,” she wrote. “Many of us heard a buzz about it indirectly with few specific details. However Christine’s vivid recollection should be more than enough for us to truly, deeply know that the accusation is true.”

There are some inconsistencies with King’s account, however. In an interview with the Washington Post, Ford said that she did not tell anyone about the incident at the time, meaning for King’s claims to be true, Kavanaugh himself or his friend and alleged witness Mark Judge would have had to told others about it. Additionally, Ford noted that the alleged incident occurred during summer vacation, which conflicts with King saying that people were gossiping about it at school.

King went on to note that even before the allegations, “I was and still am completely against his nomination.”  “I do not want him representing me or making decisions on my behalf in the Supreme Court as he goes against everything sacred to me as [a] woman,” King stated. “If Kavanaugh truly has the integrity mentioned by those who support him, then he should be just as courageous as Christine and stop trying to dodge the accusations, admit his actions from so long ago, speak from the heart, and apologize.”

She also described the rampant drinking and general debauchery that took place among her classmates and students at Kavanaugh’s elite all-boys prep school.
In a follow-up tweet, King explained why she deleted the tweet.
Hi all, deleted this because it served its purpose and I am now dealing with a slew of requests for interviews from The Wash Post, CNN, CBS News. Organizing how I want to proceed. Was not ready for that, not sure I am interested in pursuing. Thanks for reading
— Cristina King Miranda (@reinabori) September 19, 2018

All the feminists and their vagina hats will all be crawling out of their holes before this is finished. 

40 minutes ago, mugtang said:

In Maryland there isn’t a statute of limitations for this type of incident and this is where the alleged crime took place.  

This fact probably helps the GOP towards confirming before the mid terms and the Dems concern about BK's lifetime appointment.  She can still get her claim investigated and adjudicated.  If she is succesful, or depending upon the proceedings, BK might be removed.  Win win, right?

The World Needs More Cowboys!

3 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

All the feminists and their vagina hats will all be crawling out of their holes before this is finished. 

I get the feminists concerns about BK.  I think they're overstated, but I understand them nonetheless.

I just really, really hope they're not fabricating shyt and so willing to ruin a guys life.  This guy has a wife, a mom and daughters for pete's sake.  I wouldn't ever understand how doing something like this is considered good for women.

And in another article I read, I saw where the CA congresswoman that Ford originally notified about incident said that she believed Ford and that Ford didn't have a political bone in her body, or something like that.  I heard Ford marched a year or so earlier wearing one of those vagina hats.  Don't know if that's true, but it doesn't jive with Ford not having a political bone in her body.

I'm seeing more that hurts Ford and her claim than otherwise.  Maybe I'm not googling in the right places.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

22 minutes ago, pokebball said:

I get the feminists concerns about BK.  I think they're overstated, but I understand them nonetheless.

I just really, really hope they're not fabricating shyt and so willing to ruin a guys life.  This guy has a wife, a mom and daughters for pete's sake.  I wouldn't ever understand how doing something like this is considered good for women.

And in another article I read, I saw where the CA congresswoman that Ford originally notified about incident said that she believed Ford and that Ford didn't have a political bone in her body, or something like that.  I heard Ford marched a year or so earlier wearing one of those vagina hats.  Don't know if that's true, but it doesn't jive with Ford not having a political bone in her body.

I'm seeing more that hurts Ford and her claim than otherwise.  Maybe I'm not googling in the right places.

Lots of rumors floating out there about Ford and few are good. 

4 hours ago, jackmormon said:

A filter? wouldn't the secret service investigate any threats?

Looks like both sides are guilty of threats against a woman making claims like this.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/407195-ellison-accuser-dems-smeared-threatened-isolated-me

The woman who accused Rep. Keith Ellison (D-Minn.) of emotional and physical abuse is claiming that the Democratic Party "smeared, threatened [and] isolated" her after she went public with the allegations.

Karen Monahan's comments come as a growing number of Democrats have expressed support for the woman accusing Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh of sexual assault, saying they find her allegations credible. 

Monahan on Monday tweeted that Democrats have not stood by her. 

"I've been smeared, threatened, isolated from my own party," Monahan tweeted. "I provided medical records from 2017, stating on two different Dr. Visits, I told them about the abuse and who did it. My therapist released records stating I have been dealing and healing from the abuse." 

So Dems stand by Ford but not Monahan. :hmmm:

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

12 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Looks like both sides are guilty of threats against a woman making claims like this.

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/407195-ellison-accuser-dems-smeared-threatened-isolated-me

So Dems stand by Ford but not Monahan. :hmmm:

Of course they are. They’re all the same in this regard. Politics trumps right and wrong. That’s bipartisan.

I don’t know if she’s telling the truth or not. I tend towards believing her as I’ve indicated above, why would someone put themselves through this meat grinder if they didn’t believe it was true.

However, barring additional corroborating witnesses and if she won’t testify, I really see no reason not to proceed with on vote on Kavanaugh.

It’s weird going ons for sure.   I think the timing of everything is really suspect.   I also think being a lifetime appointment it’s important to get it right.   Should there be an fbi investigation?   Who knows.   I just don’t get the big hurry to potentially make a mistake.   And after what was done with Obama’s judges who were nominated the republican crying is downright hilarious.  Just take the time and get things right.  

Posted Image

3 minutes ago, edluvar said:

It’s weird going ons for sure.   I think the timing of everything is really suspect.   I also think being a lifetime appointment it’s important to get it right.   Should there be an fbi investigation?   Who knows.   I just don’t get the big hurry to potentially make a mistake.   And after what was done with Obama’s judges who were nominated the republican crying is downright hilarious.  Just take the time and get things right.  

It took three days for the FBI to investigate Anita Hill’s claim.

3 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

They sure do, it’s a lot like...

bho9Oen.gif

For sure.  You really didn’t hear anything about the Republicans blackballing obsma nominations.    Republicans are great about keeping stuff like that quiet.  

Posted Image

1 minute ago, jackmormon said:

It took three days for the FBI to investigate Anita Hill’s claim.

Feinstein could have given them two months, but decided to spring this on the Senate at the last possible moment before a confirmation vote. Besides what would they investigate. This woman doesn’t remember anything and her story changes everytime she speaks. 

1 minute ago, soupslam1 said:

Feinstein could have given them two months, but decided to spring this on the Senate at the last possible moment before a confirmation vote. Besides what would they investigate. This woman doesn’t remember anything and her story changes everytime she speaks. 

When Feinstein was notified. Blasey Ford wanted to remain anonymous.

I'm going to say it again.  The dems playing partisan opportunity games does not make Ford's allegations false or less credible. It makes the dems less credible but who gives a shit at this point.