Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thelawlorfaithful

The Kavanaughcalypse!

How is the FBI supposed to investigate a crime when they don’t have a time or place or any physical evidence?  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

7 minutes ago, mugtang said:

How is the FBI supposed to investigate a crime when they don’t have a time or place or any physical evidence?  

Maybe they have 3 mutes in a bathtub somewhere like in Minority Report. 

15 minutes ago, mugtang said:

It’s becoming more and more obvious this is all just to delay the vote. That’s all this is.  No federal crime was committed so there’s no reason to have the FBI investigate.  

Not to mention the FBI investigated the guy 6 times already and found nothing.

Feinstein had two months to bring this forward and kept quiet not even bringing it up with Kavanaugh in conversations since then. They have given the accuser the opportunity to state her case on Monday. If she doesn’t show, which I doubt she will, the Senate should proceed with confirmation. 

Ford wants FBI to investigate prior to testifying.  Utter stupidly, she should testify regardless if FBI investigate or not.  Looks like a vote stall tactic.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/18/politics/ford-letter-fbi/index.html

110926run_defense710.jpg

Just now, modestobulldog said:

Ford wants FBI to investigate prior to testifying.  Utter stupidly, she should testify regardless if FBI investigate or not.  Looks like a vote stall tactic.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/18/politics/ford-letter-fbi/index.html

Yep that’s all this is.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

18 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Yep that’s all this is.  

Everything related to this woman has been scrubbed. Her online high school yearbook, all her social media files, student reviews of her as a professor, etc. Does this sound familiar? I think when they start digging into her past there will be a lot of revelations that put a shadow on her credibility. 

2 hours ago, mugtang said:

“Mr. Kavannaugh, where were you on the night of (checks notes) the early 1980’s?”

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

1 minute ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

“Mr. Kavannaugh, where were you on the night of (checks notes) the early 1980’s?”

Shhhhh.  

5 hours ago, mugtang said:

The Kavanaugh’s are terrible people! We can’t allow these people to destroy America.

No gluten free option?  No vegetables and fruit?  They’re clearly contributing to the obesity of America and are secretly trying to kill off members of the press by heart attack, one cupcake at a time. 

Meanwhile Blasey Ford’s family has been forced to flee their home...

"In the 36 hours since her name became public, Dr. Ford has received a stunning amount of support from her community and from fellow citizens across our country. At the same time, however, her worst fears have materialized," her lawyers wrote in the letter.

"She has been the target of vicious harassment and even death threats. As a result of these kind of threats, her family was forced to relocate out of their home. Her email has been hacked, and she has been impersonated online," the letter continued.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/407336-lawyer-kavanaugh-accuser-has-received-death-threats-and

14 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

"In the 36 hours since her name became public, Dr. Ford has received a stunning amount of support from her community and from fellow citizens across our country. At the same time, however, her worst fears have materialized," her lawyers wrote in the letter.

"She has been the target of vicious harassment and even death threats. As a result of these kind of threats, her family was forced to relocate out of their home. Her email has been hacked, and she has been impersonated online," the letter continued.

https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/407336-lawyer-kavanaugh-accuser-has-received-death-threats-and

Thats abdolutely disgusting.  Nobody should be threatening her.  With that being said, not sure what that has to do with the cupcake post. :shrug:

9 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times.

Tale of two cities.

I would imagine the Kavanaugh’s have received their fair share of threats.  The diffence is one of them has the benefit of protection (secret service?) because they're a SCOTUS nominee amd the other isn't. Maybe that isn’t fair but that’s the way it is.  Perhaps Feinstein should’ve arranged for some sort of security detail when she started leaking info about the letter.  

50 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

I am sure Kavanaugh has been dealing with death threats for months now.

Just another example of media bias.

9 hours ago, mugtang said:

I would imagine the Kavanaugh’s have received their fair share of threats.  The diffence is one of them has the benefit of protection (secret service?) because they're a SCOTUS nominee amd the other isn't. Maybe that isn’t fair but that’s the way it is.  Perhaps Feinstein should’ve arranged for some sort of security detail when she started leaking info about the letter.  

That would mean Feinstein would have to care about the individual.  She only cares about the information she has, real or not, for political reasons. 

v0icAvfW.jpg

This is a Senate hearing, it is up to them to determine if Kavanaugh is fit and able for SC.  The FBI would take up any investigation if facts were uncovered that would give them reason to do that.  
But this Ford woman can't simply come out with this, go take some polygraph which not even admissible in any court and was not even administered by the gov't, and then just turn her back on it and say she doesn't even want to testify at all about it.  If she doesn't go to at least a closed Senate hearing on it then the Senate cannot consider this issue as something to significantly delay his vote.  If they wanted more of an investigation, then July was the time to bring this up and do that.  Also the fact that Kavanaugh denies it so absolute and nobody else even can confirm such a drunken party that he was at happened, makes this whole thing seem unimaginable.  The other thing is if something did happen, its quite likely there was no crime that happened period.  He may have had some encounter with her that he just doesn't remember who she was at all, and it did not happen in the way she describes it.  There's no way people can remember every encounter from parties in high school.  

And as was pointed out here by at least one person - it doesn't matter to liberals what happened or not, they simply don't want Kavanaugh confirmed for any reason.  If we recall they started protesting Kavanaugh before his name was even announced.  The fact he's Trump's pick, the fact he's not a liberal judge is all the reason they need.  
If Ginsberg or Breyer retire in the next year or two, the Democrats are going to completely lose their minds, what little they have left. 

10 hours ago, mugtang said:

Thats abdolutely disgusting.  Nobody should be threatening her.  With that being said, not sure what that has to do with the cupcake post. :shrug:

There probably are some nuts threatening her, but at the  same time it’s hard to believe anything that’s coming from that camp. I’ll bet it’s at least exaggerated. 

You knew she wasn’t going to show up on Monday, though. I was expecting an excuse on Sunday. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if soon her lawyer announces that she’s been hospitalized due to the stress put on her by the GOP and needs time to heal before she can testify.

kat.jpg