Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thelawlorfaithful

The Kavanaughcalypse!

15 minutes ago, pokebball said:

One thing I need to say about the posters on this board -  you all are so much better than the folks posting in the comment sections after most of these internet articles.  Thanks to all of you for that...even though one of us referred to the content as vomit!  We done good :) 

53_FE2_C4_B_4_E6_C_4863_A47_C_3_CAA42054

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

10 minutes ago, CV147 said:

The allegation would have been more credible if Feinstein hadn't waited until Congress was ready to vote to spring this on them.

It smacks of a politically motivated fabrication in order to delay the confirmation. The Democrats are thinking up probably another dozen crises to push it off until January.

And what's in it for the woman? She gets fame. She gets to say that she was willing to #Resist this administration by any means necessary.

There is no way it will ever be proven true or false. Everyone knows that. She has no chance of being prosecuted for perjury. She has nothing to lose, and a place in history to gain.

Ah yes, the old politically motivated fabrication.  As if that is of any importance whatsoever.  100% of the things Republicans do are politically motivated just as 100% of the things the Democrats do are politically motivated.  So, claims of political motivation are just bull shit partisan rants.

Kavanaugh will be conformed because he will be a reliable rubber stamp for Republican goals.  His extremist views will provide them with support.

9 minutes ago, sandiegopete said:

Ah yes, the old politically motivated fabrication.  As if that is of any importance whatsoever.  100% of the things Republicans do are politically motivated just as 100% of the things the Democrats do are politically motivated.  So, claims of political motivation are just bull shit partisan rants.

Kavanaugh will be conformed because he will be a reliable rubber stamp for Republican goals.  His extremist views will provide them with support.

Hell yeah!

The World Needs More Cowboys!

26 minutes ago, pokebball said:

The charges don't go away after he gets confirmed, unless of course the professor doesn't pursue them.

She should file charges with LE

I’m sure the statute of limitations has expired. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

3 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

I’m sure the statute of limitations has expired. 

In Maryland there isn’t a statute of limitations for this type of incident and this is where the alleged crime took place.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

59 minutes ago, pokebball said:

Assuming we've already heard all she's got, and that's a big if, If she publicly testifies, I'm most interested in watching three senators - Feinstein, Booker and Harris.  I hope someone has cameras permanently on these three. Their facial expressions will be priceless.

What, no mention or Orrin Hatch? No mention of the guy who excoriated Anita Hill and who has already found Ford incredible even though she hasn't testified yet?

And how 'bout the other nine - NINE - old Republican white guys on that committee who so well represent a cross-section of 2018 America?

Boom goes the dynamite.

I think the FBI should def start investigating HS house parties. No doubt within a few weeks we would have stories of a Weaver/Waco standoff over some seedy brick weed and a few handles of MD 20/20. 

Ford has the option of a public hearing, a public staff interview, a private hearing, or a private staff interview. Also trying to secure interviews with Judge and the two others alleged at the house.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

4 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

What, no mention or Orrin Hatch? No mention of the guy who excoriated Anita Hill and who has already found Ford incredible even though she hasn't testified yet?

And how 'bout the other nine - NINE - old Republican white guys on that committee who so well represent a cross-section of 2018 America?

I've singled out Booker and Harris because they're the two that went off during his confirmation hearings.  Feinstein because she got the letter 2 months ago and did nothing.

54 minutes ago, pokebball said:

One thing I need to say about the posters on this board -  you all are so much better than the folks posting in the comment sections after most of these internet articles.  Thanks to all of you for that...even though one of us referred to the content as vomit!  We done good :) 

I need to backtrack on the vomit.  Sorry everyone, generally I agree with pb, we have good discussions.  

110926run_defense710.jpg

52 minutes ago, CV147 said:

And what's in it for the woman? She gets fame. She gets to say that she was willing to #Resist this administration by any means necessary.

There is no way it will ever be proven true or false. Everyone knows that. She has no chance of being prosecuted for perjury. She has nothing to lose, and a place in history to gain.

"Perjury? Never heard of it."

Signed,

"Neither have we." - Mark McGwire and Sammy Sosa

That said, do you actually think Ford has nothing to lose? How about any semblance of privacy for starters?

Boom goes the dynamite.

20 minutes ago, pokebball said:

Hell yeah!

Glad you agree that the old "politically motivated" bull shit is just rhetoric intended to fool the ignorant.  As if it is impossible for anything said in the context of politics to be true.  As you know, the ignorant believe that kind defense.

9 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Signed,

That said, do you actually think Ford has nothing to lose? How about any semblance of privacy for starters?

Yeah, it will be tough cashing in those checks for speaking fees the next 2 decades and having everyone in her leftist campus bubble thinking she is an iconic feminist hero.

She doesn't associate with anyone who has freedom of speech, or doesn't agree with her leftist authoritarian viewpoints.

9 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Signed,

Nevada played Texas on the first day of the NCAA tournament and the steroid era came crashing down before Congress. It was one of the great television days to be a college freshman of all time.

10 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Signed,

Maybe she wants the publicity. I think a lot of people want celebrity but don't think about the paparazzi and loss of privacy.

I don't know her.  I'm not ready to say that her allegations are false. It just really seems like they are to me.

So I'm reading up on some other stuff around this claim.  At first I thought, oh this is bad for BK.  Then she falls flat on her face.  I like the part where she says, "Christine’s vivid recollection should be more than enough for us to truly, deeply know that the accusation is true".  Vivid recollection?  Really?

https://www.mediaite.com/online/ford-classmate-claims-kavanaugh-incident-happened-then-deletes-facebook-post/

A classmate of Brett Kavanaugh’s accuser Christine Blasey Ford said her allegations were known by many people at their high school, and that he should “own up to it.”

“I graduated from Holton Arms, and knew both Brett Kavanaugh and Mark Judge. Christine Blasey Ford was a year or so behind me, I remember her, I signed this letter [supporting ford],” Cristina King said in a now-deleted tweet. “The incident was spoken about for days afterwords in school. Kavanaugh should stop lying, own up to it and apologize.”

In a Facebook post, which she also removed, King further elaborated on what she claims to have known about Kavanaugh’s alleged attempts to drunkenly sexually assault Ford at a party in 1982.

“I did not know her personally but I remember her. This incident did happen,” she wrote. “Many of us heard a buzz about it indirectly with few specific details. However Christine’s vivid recollection should be more than enough for us to truly, deeply know that the accusation is true.”

There are some inconsistencies with King’s account, however. In an interview with the Washington Post, Ford said that she did not tell anyone about the incident at the time, meaning for King’s claims to be true, Kavanaugh himself or his friend and alleged witness Mark Judge would have had to told others about it. Additionally, Ford noted that the alleged incident occurred during summer vacation, which conflicts with King saying that people were gossiping about it at school.

King went on to note that even before the allegations, “I was and still am completely against his nomination.”  “I do not want him representing me or making decisions on my behalf in the Supreme Court as he goes against everything sacred to me as [a] woman,” King stated. “If Kavanaugh truly has the integrity mentioned by those who support him, then he should be just as courageous as Christine and stop trying to dodge the accusations, admit his actions from so long ago, speak from the heart, and apologize.”

She also described the rampant drinking and general debauchery that took place among her classmates and students at Kavanaugh’s elite all-boys prep school.
In a follow-up tweet, King explained why she deleted the tweet.
Hi all, deleted this because it served its purpose and I am now dealing with a slew of requests for interviews from The Wash Post, CNN, CBS News. Organizing how I want to proceed. Was not ready for that, not sure I am interested in pursuing. Thanks for reading
— Cristina King Miranda (@reinabori) September 19, 2018

3 minutes ago, CV147 said:

Maybe she wants the publicity. I think a lot of people want celebrity but don't think about the paparazzi and loss of privacy.

I don't know her.  I'm not ready to say that her allegations are false. It just really seems like they are to me.

If she wants publicity why wouldn’t she immediately agree to testify on Monday? If she wanted publicity why wouldn’t she be talking into a microphone right now?

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say