Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thelawlorfaithful

The Kavanaughcalypse!

1 hour ago, THEUniversityofNevada said:

And this is why women are always so reluctant to come forward, especially against powerful men. Who the F would willingly put themselves through the kind of sh&tstorm she’s about to face?

They should be afraid to come forward and make unsubstantiated, un-provable accusations about what went on or didn't go on 36 years ago in high school.  In FACT, they should keep their mouths shut.

The is bullshit character assassination, pure and simple.  She a lying POS.  Prove me wrong.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

8 minutes ago, sean327 said:

This is bullshit. The fact that someone can be destroyed with an accusation that has more holes than a screen door because "We must always believe the accuser" is wrong on so many levels. Your side completely shits on due process. The Committee has every right to grill her. The Constitution says so. Take your  "old white men" schtick and stick it up your ass. You clowns make everything about race or gender. It's phucking pathetic.

I have a few questions before we deem something pathetic or not.

So in this classic he-said, she-said do you think the Committee is going to be able to prove the allegations false? And if not, do you not think tearing her to pieces on national TV is going to look bad to those who either believe the accuser or are undecided? Do you hold out any possibility that these allegations are true? Is it unreasonable to believe that this woman might be telling the truth?

42 minutes ago, edluvar said:

He was already nominated..,,,,

She's saving the charge, just in case his nomination makes it to a Senate confirmation hearing.  Trust me on this.  The precedent has been played out.

And the longer you wait, the worse her dementia gets.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

7 minutes ago, Akkula said:

That is actually pretty clever and funny....but it also speaks to how the deranged right wing sees the boogie man Hillary in every thing.  Jesus's picture is in my toast this morning!  Miracle!

Stand by your man...oh wait

7 minutes ago, sean327 said:

This is bullshit. The fact that someone can be destroyed with an accusation that has more holes than a screen door because "We must always believe the accuser" is wrong on so many levels. Your side completely shits on due process. The Committee has every right to grill her. The Constitution says so. Take your  "old white men" schtick and stick it up your ass. You clowns make everything about race or gender. It's phucking pathetic.

Honestly, I think it is hard for anyone to know if one of them is lying or if they just remember things differently.  It was a long time ago.  

However what the reactionaries don't seem to appreciate is that when you put up a crappy candidate who has a very narrow margin of error things like this can derail you....just ask Hillary and her emails.  The fact of the matter is Kavanaugh also has issues in his past regarding torture, he may repeal Roe, he may have lied in his confirmation hearings, etc....and now...this....  

Since this is a political process and he was nominated by a admitted sexual assaulter this is going to be an issue.  If he had more broad support this would likely blow right over but when 3-5 senators (two women) are the king makers you ignore this issue at your own peril.  

I am just hoping that the Republicans ram him through without fully investigating and then more women come out of the woodwork, as often happens.  The attack ads will be delicious and I am looking forward to guys like Ted Cruz getting voted out of office after every Republican senator gets accused of not fully investigating credible sexual assault charges in their rush to confirm.

Posted Image

2 minutes ago, Akkula said:

Honestly, I think it is hard for anyone to know if one of them is lying or if they just remember things differently.  It was a long time ago.  

However what the reactionaries don't seem to appreciate is that when you put up a crappy candidate who has a very narrow margin of error things like this can derail you....just ask Hillary and her emails.  The fact of the matter is Kavanaugh also has issues in his past regarding torture, he may repeal Roe, he may have lied in his confirmation hearings, etc....and now...this....  

Since this is a political process and he was nominated by a admitted sexual assaulter this is going to be an issue.  If he had more broad support this would likely blow right over but when 3-5 senators (two women) are the king makers you ignore this issue at your own peril.  

I am just hoping that the Republicans ram him through without fully investigating and then more women come out of the woodwork, as often happens.  The attack ads will be delicious and I am looking forward to guys like Ted Cruz getting voted out of office after every Republican senator gets accused of not fully investigating credible sexual assault charges in their rush to confirm.

Your short one woman

18 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

The Dems now want the FBI to investigate after sitting on this story for two months. Lol. More delaying tactics. I’ll bet every girl in Kavanaughs high school class have been interviewed by the Dems by now to try and come up with a second allegation. Can you imagine all the fed creeps running around asking former high school class mates if Kavanaugh molested them. 

Hopefully not Pelosi or Feinstein themselves. That would really creep people out. 

17 hours ago, mugtang said:

It’s becoming more and more obvious this is all just to delay the vote. That’s all this is.  No federal crime was committed so there’s no reason to have the FBI investigate.  

Yeah, that was the first thing that went through my mind when Feinstein and the Democrats sat on this since July. But FBI has already said twice now I think they aren't going to investigate it because no Federal Crime was broken

7 minutes ago, Akkula said:

You hope that the Republicans ram through an attempted rapist (not saying he is one, just going by your scenario where it is more or less proven) to a lifetime on the country's most important court, because you like the attack ads in the next election? Because the Dems may or may not control the Senate for two years?

What the +++++ is going on?

what if they're both telling the truth?

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

Just now, pokebball said:

Good drugs?

don't need it when thinking about the unreliable nature of memory. i'll admit i have not followed the specifics of who is saying what happened, but it is not at all crazy to suggest that two people can have wildly divergent recollections of something that happened 30 years prior especially when charged sexually. 

Planning is an exercise of power, and in a modern state much real power is suffused with boredom. The agents of planning are usually boring; the planning process is boring; the implementation of plans is always boring. In a democracy boredom works for bureaucracies and corporations as smell works for skunk. It keeps danger away. Power does not have to be exercised behind the scenes. It can be open. The audience is asleep. The modern world is forged amidst our inattention.

You have a few senators who are going to decide this thing and their calculation isn't going to be "did he do it or not."  They are going to be thinking, " Is this fight worth it right now in an election year or should we cut our losses."

They should slow down and do an investigation of the claim as has been requested by the victim so there is some semblance of impartiality.  They won't do that, though, because they want to jam someone in there on a party line vote.  Either they jam it through and get butchered for the midterms or they pull the nomination and nominate someone else who will be confirmed during the election.  It is really a lose lose for the Republicans and it couldn't have happened to a nicer group of people.

Posted Image

1 minute ago, NVGiant said:

This is a scenario that shouldn’t be dismissed.

these are the words of a married man. 

9 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

You hope that the Republicans ram through an attempted rapist (not saying he is one, just going by your scenario where it is more or less proven) to a lifetime on the country's most important court, because you like the attack ads in the next election? Because the Dems may or may not control the Senate for two years?

What the +++++ is going on?

Dude is +++++ing nuts. Partisanship over everything....

4 minutes ago, smltwnrckr said:

don't need it when thinking about the unreliable nature of memory. i'll admit i have not followed the specifics of who is saying what happened, but it is not at all crazy to suggest that two people can have wildly divergent recollections of something that happened 30 years prior especially when charged sexually. 

Sure, I see what you're saying but in this case, Kavanaugh and two of the other males identified have claimed the "party" never ever evened happened.  So the professor's "truth" would need to diverge from reality further than I think would be reasonable.

4 minutes ago, HR_Poke said:

Dude is +++++ing nuts. Partisanship over everything....

I think you are underestimating how much the reactionaries pissed people off when you stole the supreme court seat.  Garland derangement syndrome may be stronger than TDS.  The pitchforks are out.

Posted Image