Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bluerules009

Kapernick deserves some celebration for his guts to stick to his morals if nothing else. (should have used "cause" or "belief", instead of morals)

12 hours ago, Lester_in_reno said:

can you at least spell his name right?

IMO He should've not brought the national anthem into his cause.

It allowed his message to be distorted and misinterpreted. (Big Time!).

was is his miscalculation, he lives with it

Perhaps, but it's not his fault Trump spun it into a protest against the anthem and Murica. I still can't believe all the jingoists that fall for his spin.

Of course, it was a horror show, but it was not just the Americans who slaughtered civilians the VC and NVR did it in spades.I did not like the war then I and I still do not. The Vietnamese are very kind and forgiving many even sport little American flags. They know a Soldier follows orders. Less you forget they were killing each other as well. A Civil war5r is the worst kind. The point is if one claims injustice for your people, then you need to be careful who your allies are and they are not doing the same or worse to someone else

"Everything that does not destroy you makes you stronger except Aztec Football "

Freddy Nietzsche

Vietnam was an atrocity, but for the most part, you have to blame the military and politicians as a whole. Anger at individual soldiers is pointless.  

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.

15 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

Perhaps, but it's not his fault Trump spun it into a protest against the anthem and Murica. I still can't believe all the jingoists that fall for his spin.

Kap protested the preseason game on August 26, 2016.  Kap spoke to the press about his protest on 8/28.  Many other NFL players joined the protest and the push-back by the fans began then.  You may recall that there were games on Sept 11, 2016 where protests and push-back from fans and others really began with some energy. Kate Upton and a few other Hollywood types hit social media suggesting players avoid protesting during the anthem and especially on the anniversary of 911.  Social media blew up the week of the 9/11 games and the weeks following after many protests did occur.

Trump did join in on the social media craze, as many did, but he wasn't elected POTUS until November.  One might argue that the craze played into Trump's winning the election.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

43 minutes ago, mugtang said:

You’re way out of line with this comment. You’re free to criticize the government and their decisions in Vietnam but to put it all on the individual soldiers like you just did is wrong.  And it’s obvious from Steve’s “glorious” comment, I took that to be sarcastic and not a serious comment.  

War crimes don't happen by some nefarious government. They're the actions of individual soldiers. Following orders and government policy is not absolution. The Nuremberg Trials were quite clear on that. If a US soldier dropped napalm on a village, he was a war criminal. You flew the planes dropping agent orange?  War criminal. Dropped bombs as part of Rolling Thunder or Linebacker?  War criminal.  Racked up the body count for the generals by "destroying the village in order to save it?"  War criminal. 

SteelCityBlue

November 24th, 2018 at 9:10 PM ^

I'm looking forward to a new head coach who isn't a cud-chewing autistic retard.

4 minutes ago, Victor Maitlin said:

War crimes don't happen by some nefarious government. They're the actions of individual soldiers. Following orders and government policy is not absolution. The Nuremberg Trials were quite clear on that. If a US soldier dropped napalm on a village, he was a war criminal. You flew the planes dropping agent orange?  War criminal. Dropped bombs as part of Rolling Thunder or Linebacker?  War criminal.  Racked up the body count for the generals by "destroying the village in order to save it?"  War criminal. 

Your comment was still out of line.  Just because Steve was in Vietnam for 13 months doesn’t make him a war criminal. It doesn’t make him a murderer.   

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

25 minutes ago, pokebball said:

Kap protested the preseason game on August 26, 2016.  Kap spoke to the press about his protest on 8/28.  Many other NFL players joined the protest and the push-back by the fans began then.  You may recall that there were games on Sept 11, 2016 where protests and push-back from fans and others really began with some energy. Kate Upton and a few other Hollywood types hit social media suggesting players avoid protesting during the anthem and especially on the anniversary of 911.  Social media blew up the week of the 9/11 games and the weeks following after many protests did occur.

Trump did join in on the social media craze, as many did, but he wasn't elected POTUS until November.  One might argue that the craze played into Trump's winning the election.

True there was already backlash, but not many were paying attention to it until Trump. I'd be surprised if it factored into the election, but it is possible.

3 hours ago, Victor Maitlin said:

How many civilians did you slaughter?  Did their deaths make you feel "glorious?"  Did it make it seem like your pee-pee got bigger?

And as I watch the scumbag Van Dyke about to go on trial here in Chicago, just let me add that #BlueLivesMurder.

Only a total piece of shet would write that. Screw you. 

latestbroncofanslogo.png.20959eb73e46249d924bc7abb968f702.png

1 hour ago, Extra Mayo said:

So McCain's participation in the ten year war crime was consistent with the rest of his war mongering.

That wld have been good to know before the St John of the Desert canonization last week.

Anyone who volunteered to fly bombing missions during Rolling Thunder was a willing participant in war crimes. And if the heaven and hell he professed to believe in actually exists, I have no doubt where a mass murderer like McCain ended up. 

SteelCityBlue

November 24th, 2018 at 9:10 PM ^

I'm looking forward to a new head coach who isn't a cud-chewing autistic retard.

12 hours ago, NevadaFan said:

I’m not sure most care about or even think that is message is a cause for which they should be concerned. 

I don't know whether Kaepernick has been colluded against (although I'm 100% positive our president doesn't think so); however, he's filed a lawsuit and will have his day in court so if he has been, here's hoping he gets his just deserts. I do think as Steve said that it's rather hypocritical of him to be in league with Nike. Not only has Nike been a POS corporation when it comes to Far East sweatshops, that company makes millions in profits because of its association with the NFL and anybody who thinks Nike hasn't courted Kaepernick strictly for PR reasons is fooling themselves.

Boom goes the dynamite.

4 hours ago, Victor Maitlin said:

How many civilians did you slaughter?  Did their deaths make you feel "glorious?"  Did it make it seem like your pee-pee got bigger?

And as I watch the scumbag Van Dyke about to go on trial here in Chicago, just let me add that #BlueLivesMurder.

You don't know shit about what Steve did in Vietnam. I don't know shit about you either but given the above, have to wonder whether you might have been one of those people who spit on U.S. troops at the airport when they returned from that awful conflict despite the fact the vast majority were drafted and simply saw themselves as doing their duty for their country.

Boom goes the dynamite.

18 minutes ago, Victor Maitlin said:

Anyone who volunteered to fly bombing missions during Rolling Thunder was a willing participant in war crimes. And if the heaven and hell he professed to believe in actually exists, I have no doubt where a mass murderer like McCain ended up. 

I think you are way on the wrong end of this debate, so it might be best just to bow out. This is an emotionally charged topic (rightfully, btw) for a whole lot folks.

3 hours ago, Victor Maitlin said:

Without a doubt, there are people unjustly killed by police officers every year, but that represents a small percentage of the 987 people shot and killed by police last year nationwide. Where is your outrage at the 677 shot and killed in Chicago alone by thugs in the city? Your BlueLivesMurder hashtag is ridiculous. 

3 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

I don't know whether Kaepernick has been colluded against (although I'm 100% positive our president doesn't think so); however, he's filed a lawsuit and will have his day in court so if he has been, here's hoping he gets his just deserts. I do think as Steve said that it's rather hypocritical of him to be in league with Nike. Not only has Nike been a POS corporation when it comes to Far East sweatshops, that company makes millions in profits because of its association with the NFL and anybody who thinks Nike hasn't courted Kaepernick strictly for PR reasons is fooling themselves.

Why else has Nike courted ANY athlete? 💰 💵 These arguments to me are pointless. Is Curry more socially responsible than Durant because he signed a different shoe endorsement? This entire argument has become whatever people want it to be... 

2 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

Why else has Nike courted ANY athlete? 💰 💵 These arguments to me are pointless. Is Curry more socially responsible than Durant because he signed a different shoe endorsement? This entire argument has become whatever people want it to be... 

It always has been. The outrage over these protests being a prime example.