Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bluerules009

Kapernick deserves some celebration for his guts to stick to his morals if nothing else. (should have used "cause" or "belief", instead of morals)

He supports Phil Knights Vietnamese slave labor that's funny.

"Everything that does not destroy you makes you stronger except Aztec Football "

Freddy Nietzsche

1 hour ago, Lester_in_reno said:

can you at least spell his name right?

IMO He should've not brought the national anthem into his cause.

It allowed his message to be distorted and misinterpreted. (Big Time!).

was is his miscalculation, he lives with it

I’m not sure most care about or even think that is message is a cause for which they should be concerned. 

2 hours ago, jackmormon said:

Slave labor that’s funny?

Ironic would be a better term than funny,

"Everything that does not destroy you makes you stronger except Aztec Football "

Freddy Nietzsche

13 minutes ago, steveem said:

Ironic would be a better term than funny,

So it’s ironic — not funny — that you think Kaepernick is also responsible for Nike’s slave labor allegations in Vietnam? You do realize that the NFL wears Nike uniforms? 

Isn't it terrible what business has done for the vietnamese people.   I am sure you all would rather go back to bombing them, then they wouldn't be "slave labor for Nike"!

https://www.vietvisiontravel.com/post/vietnam-living-standard/

Vietnam Living Standard

After the dark day of Vietnam War, Vietnam has made tremendous improvement in both economic and other fields. Vietnam is in the period of renovation with the appearance of skyscrapers , shopping mall, tourism, busy streets are growing very fast. Other countries are seeing a lot of potential in Vietnam, for instance Japan, China and Korea are investing in Vietnam.

Healthcare system
Healthcare system in Vietnam are growing day by day in Vietnam. Mortality rates and infant mortality rates have declined significantly in recent years. In the past, there were diseases that could not be cured like leprosy, hepatitis B,…., but now they are all cured. The average life expectancy of Vietnamese people now is 73. With government efforts in 2016, more than 70% of Vietnamese people have health insurance. In the past, only the new city had hospitals and modern equipment, so hospitals in the city often were overcrowded but now in rural areas there are hospitals with reduced pressure in other hospitals. What Vietnam still needs to do is to improve especially in the staff and medical equipment in rural hospitals.
Currently, other countries are investing in Vietnam in the field of health and already have hospitals with foreign doctors and modern equipment.

image.jpeg.123636c3e40b8819c18f0ac8eaf0519d.jpeg

https://www.oregonlive.com/playbooks-profits/index.ssf/2015/03/90000_shoe_factory_workers_str.html just one example. it was worse in 1997-2005

i know more about Vietnam than any of you both past and present. I have been there not only in 1967 for 13 glorious months and three years ago as well. I was a Volunteer Buddhist Chaplain at Pendelton when Saigon fell, and the refugees came in. I was a student for  of Thich Thien Anh  for ten years. I cosigned loans for three former ARVN officer to get their family's out.  Colin is a typical my people are the only people guy. Yeah I can't stand the NFL. have not watched it in 20 years. As for preferring to bomb Vietnam as a total non sequitur. I'm talking about the welfare workers in Vietnam and someone is accusing me of wanting to go bond them. Do they teach logic at Boise State and Nevada? Maybe if 13% of the population wouldn't commit 57% of the homicidesthe y wouldn't have so many problems with the police. And yes I'm a police and proi ice..I am also against the terrible conditions of garment workers in Bangladesh. 0h I must be an Islamaphobe that wants to drop a new gone them by you guys logic..I also the police pig socks .

Freddy Nietzsche

4 hours ago, steveem said:

https://www.oregonlive.com/playbooks-profits/index.ssf/2015/03/90000_shoe_factory_workers_str.html just one example. it was worse in 1997-2005

i know more about Vietnam than any of you both past and present. I have been there not only in 1967 for 13 glorious months and three years ago as well. I was a Volunteer Buddhist Chaplain at Pendelton when Saigon fell, and the refugees came in. I was a student for  of Thich Thien Anh  for ten years. I cosigned loans for three former ARVN officer to get their family's out.  Colin is a typical my people are the only people guy. Yeah I can't stand the NFL. have not watched it in 20 years. As for preferring to bomb Vietnam as a total non sequitur. I'm talking about the welfare workers in Vietnam and someone is accusing me of wanting to go bond them. Do they teach logic at Boise State and Nevada? Maybe if 13% of the population wouldn't commit 57% of the homicidesthe y wouldn't have so many problems with the police. And yes I'm a police and proi ice..I am also against the terrible conditions of garment workers in Bangladesh. 0h I must be an Islamaphobe that wants to drop a new gone them by you guys logic..I also the police pig socks .

How many civilians did you slaughter?  Did their deaths make you feel "glorious?"  Did it make it seem like your pee-pee got bigger?

And as I watch the scumbag Van Dyke about to go on trial here in Chicago, just let me add that #BlueLivesMurder.

SteelCityBlue

November 24th, 2018 at 9:10 PM ^

I'm looking forward to a new head coach who isn't a cud-chewing autistic retard.

1 hour ago, Victor Maitlin said:

How many civilians did you slaughter?  Did their deaths make you feel "glorious?"  Did it make it seem like your pee-pee got bigger?

And as I watch the scumbag Van Dyke about to go on trial here in Chicago, just let me add that #BlueLivesMurder.

What an extremely horrible comment. The worst I have ever seen on this board. You struck a nerve with this vet. I served in Vietnam also. Do you think most vets enjoyed killing people? Most did it in fire fights out of the instinct to survive and lost friends in the process. You should be ashamed of yourself for opening old wounds and denigrating men and women that served their country. 

Vietnam was a decade long war crime by this country. As for firefights, it's well documented that Westmoreland's maniacal directives to crank up the body count numbers led to the wholesale slaughter of civilians by ground forces and tactical bombing. As for the strategic bombing, it's estimated that rolling thunder alone fried as many as a 150K Vietnamese civilians on top of the 100k we were slaughtering in Cambodia at about the same time. 

All for a completely unnecessary and unworthy cause. 

SteelCityBlue

November 24th, 2018 at 9:10 PM ^

I'm looking forward to a new head coach who isn't a cud-chewing autistic retard.

42 minutes ago, soupslam1 said:

What an extremely horrible comment. The worst I have ever seen on this board. You struck a nerve with this vet. I served in Vietnam also. Do you think most vets enjoyed killing people? Most did it in fire fights out of the instinct to survive and lost friends in the process. You should be ashamed of yourself for opening old wounds and denigrating men and women that served their country. 

So you're saying that the people who we entrust with the biggest means of inflicting slaughter should be exempt from criticism?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

16 minutes ago, happycamper said:

So you're saying that the people who we entrust with the biggest means of inflicting slaughter should be exempt from criticism?

Perhaps if the comment in question was in reference to those people....  the post in question was clearly directed at an individual poster on this board.  And yes, it was a horrible comment.  I would think you of all posters would take issue with that.

v0icAvfW.jpg

5 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

Perhaps if the comment in question was in reference to those people....  the post in question was clearly directed at an individual poster on this board.  And yes, it was a horrible comment.  I would think you of all posters would take issue with that.

Fair enough. TBH I hadn't read the original comment before responding to soup.

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

2 hours ago, Victor Maitlin said:

You’re way out of line with this comment. You’re free to criticize the government and their decisions in Vietnam but to put it all on the individual soldiers like you just did is wrong.  And it’s obvious from Steve’s “glorious” comment, I took that to be sarcastic and not a serious comment.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater