Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the former 1066

WHAT IS OUR ATTENDANCE FOR THE WEEK?

How does our attendance compare to the other "G" conferences this week?  

AAC Attendance Week 1

Memphis - 33,697
Temple - 32,357
USF - 31,217
UConn - 23,081
Tulsa - 18,356
Tulane - 15,478
ECU - TBD

Others did not play at home.

CUSA

North Texas- 29,519
So Miss- 29,176
UAB- 27,124
Rice- 26,390 
UTEP- 17,271
FIU- 17,082
Charlotte- 15,000

CUSA Average Attendance for the week= 23,080

SUN BELT

WEEK 1 ATTENDANCE:

Troy - 29,612
Louisiana - 28,866
Georgia State - 23,088
Arkansas State - 20,184
Georgia Southern - 15,260
South Alabama - 13,457
UL-Monroe - 10,137

No one on the MAC board had the balls to post their attendance for the first week.

What is our attendance?  I expect the MWC to be just ahead of the AAC. They had Houston, Cincinnati, UCF and Navy on the road this past week. We should be far ahead of the CUSA, SB and MAC.

the UofM and the City are arguing over the fact the handheld scanners went out 45 mins before the game...if this is 33k then I'm the queen of England:

(away side)

DmDmEOSXsAASEkA.jpg

(home side)

DmDmFajW4AAaH3m.jpg

I've been going to Tiger games at the Liberty Bowl for almost 20 years and I'd estimate that crowd at 37,500

mem skyline sig.jpeg

6 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

the UofM and the City are arguing over the fact the handheld scanners went out 45 mins before the game...if this is 33k then I'm the queen of England:

(away side)

DmDmEOSXsAASEkA.jpg

(home side)

DmDmFajW4AAaH3m.jpg

I've been going to Tiger games at the Liberty Bowl for almost 20 years and I'd estimate that crowd at 37,500

Awesome. Great job.

15 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

(away side)

DmDmEOSXsAASEkA.jpg

(home side)

DmDmFajW4AAaH3m.jpg

When was that press box/luxury box thing put up? I have not been to a bowl game there for about 13 or 14 years. It looks like a nice improvement.

the Liberty Bowl used to be much lower on one side before 1989

636618910214215310-0705-masp-showboats.j

in 1989 Memphis (the city) expanded the 'away' side and added skyboxes that the fans now call 'the flying trailers in the sky' lol

img254-600x423.jpg

today

700px-Panorama_of_Liberty_Bowl_Memorial_

mem skyline sig.jpeg

I tried to find some pics from the SAN!! vs Cal Davis game but apparently the photographer didn’t bother to show up either.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

4 minutes ago, rudolro said:

Fresno Attendance: 31,170

Hmm, I know you were playing Idaho, but I would have guessed attendance for the home opener might have been higher after last year's resurgence....If you guys can get a couple P5 scalps in the next two weeks I bet you'll start consistently getting 40k again though.

1 hour ago, KingBronco said:

Hmm, I know you were playing Idaho, but I would have guessed attendance for the home opener might have been higher after last year's resurgence....If you guys can get a couple P5 scalps in the next two weeks I bet you'll start consistently getting 40k again though.

Honestly I was expecting 34K. Still not to bad considering it was a FCS team and labor day weekend. 

I know Idaho is just removed from FBS but the fringe fans don't know that and they're the ones that put us over the top.

1 hour ago, UofMTigers said:

the Liberty Bowl used to be much lower on one side before 1989

636618910214215310-0705-masp-showboats.j

in 1989 Memphis (the city) expanded the 'away' side and added skyboxes that the fans now call 'the fling trailers in the sky' lol

img254-600x423.jpg

today

700px-Panorama_of_Liberty_Bowl_Memorial_

I like the design of the liberty bowl 

5 minutes ago, brillio said:

Nevada 17,525. Bad opening even for us. Hopefully we can have a good showing at vandy to get us a strong gate against Oregon state 

Yeah, I think Nevada is a lot like Fresno in terms of having a fairly realistic chance at taking down two P5's consecutively...if both you guys could do that the West division would be hopping again attendance-wise for conference games with Hawaii also on the upswing. 

1 hour ago, rudolro said:

Fresno Attendance: 31,170

Man it looked like more than 31k. I would’ve guessed more like 35k. 

But like you said give no the opponent and holiday, not bad. 

I just did a search for the numbers.

MWC home attendance for games the last few days was:

Air Force 33,415

Fresno 31,170

Hawaii (vs Navy) 29,702

Wyoming 24,131

New Mexico 18,213

Nevada 17,525

SJSU 12,675

EDIT - To keep the CSU fans happy, the game at Bronco Stadium was 70,158. Even if CSU was the home team on a neutral field, I was only listing games at home stadiums.