Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NevadaFan

Is BYU back?

Offense looked competent last night, which is a big improvement over 2017.  That said, Arizona's defense in 2017 ranked almost as poorly as BYU's 2017 offense did, so maybe BYU's improvement is, in part, playing a bad defensive team.

8 minutes ago, Lester_in_reno said:

QB Magnum will be 25 next week!   25 freaking years old and still playing in college.

and AZ was a 10.5 fave last night! WTF?

Somebody might want to check him. 

5370f56ccd79d-1.jpeg

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

29 minutes ago, Pelado said:

Offense looked competent last night, which is a big improvement over 2017.  That said, Arizona's defense in 2017 ranked almost as poorly as BYU's 2017 offense did, so maybe BYU's improvement is, in part, playing a bad defensive team.

We played terrible defenses last year and often looked helpless.  Not saying we are world beaters, but it was good to see BYU look like they knew what they were doing.

1 hour ago, Pelado said:

I don’t think it was b/c of a bad defensive Arizona.  BYU scored 28 points last night.  They didn’t hit that mark until they played SJSU in game 9 last year.  The offense is just much improved.  And that offensive line is just mean...  and very young which is exciting for the future.

v0icAvfW.jpg

Guest #1Stunner
6 minutes ago, rudolro said:

Hell no. Stop playing weak ass schools in the p12 and schedule up to MWC. Maybe then we can talk.

Arizona was a 14 point favorite and picked to finish 3rd in their division.

https://pac-12.com/article/2018/07/25/washington-picked-pac-12-favorite-media-preseason-poll

BYU is going beat down Boise State!!!

Your crooked sidelines won't save you this time!!!

BYU benefited from a ridiculous failure of the officials to call holding on the long punt return down the sidelines early in the fourth quarter which I assume wasn't seen by the officials because two BYU players both had their arms around the Wildcat in a scrum. That failure of the officials to see it cost Zona's defense at least 40 yards and was instrumental in their getting a TD. But what else is new? BYU has always benefited from the divine intervention of Joseph Smith or the other guy.

To get serious for a moment, the Cougars were much more physical than when I saw them at times last year. Based on a very early sample, as much as I hate to admit it, they could be as good as SDSU this season.

Boom goes the dynamite.