Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

slappy

Official Game day thread CSU vs CU

One night you're getting your ass kicked by an FCS team, 24 hours later your dancing in the street because you just found out that there's somebody even worse than you.

You're welcome San Jose.

21 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

One night you're getting your ass kicked by an FCS team, 24 hours later your dancing in the street because you just found out that there's somebody even worse than you.

You're welcome San Jose.

Let's not go overboard.  You guys lost to a P5 school, they lost to an FCS school.  

Just looked at their schedule again.  This is a 1 to 2 win football team.  And I see no hope in the next 4 year window.  This is a good lesson for people on finances, overextension and quick fixes.  The bottom of the MW yet again.  I wouldn’t be surprised to see a big attendance drop this year. 

1 hour ago, slappy said:

Just looked at their schedule again.  This is a 1 to 2 win football team.  And I see no hope in the next 4 year window.  This is a good lesson for people on finances, overextension and quick fixes.  The bottom of the MW yet again.  I wouldn’t be surprised to see a big attendance drop this year. 

So your basing a 4 year forecast on two games?

3 minutes ago, pokebball said:

I think you've got some coaching you need to fix

Yeah, no kidding.  I don't see that as a 4 year project though.  It very well might get fixed this year, although I doubt it.  The defense doesn't even try.  Plenty of talent, not a hell of a lot of effort or apparent understanding of their responsibilities.  That tells me that the head coach needs to light a fire under the defensive coaches and a few starters need to decide how bad they want to be on the field.  That can happen quick, although I'm not convinced that it will, but it can. 

There's a lot at stake with this program.  If Bobo fails to get to .500 this season, I can see a buyout emerging.  I don't think we're looking at a 4 year project.  The tools are there, just need to put them to use.

3 hours ago, slappy said:

You remember Wyoming’s D two to three years ago? Looked about like te CSU D. Remember the ass kicking Oregon put on our D last year? I’m not saying CSU has the right guys on D this year, but who knows, maybe it’ll click next week. (Really hope it doesn’t because I love seeing them lose but I don’t think this is a four year thing). 

39 minutes ago, Wyoguns said:

Do you guys have money for a buy out?  Not flaming honest question...

Agreed. Any chance Bobo gets “kiffen’ed”?

2 hours ago, Headbutt said:

What else would it be based on? You've only played two games. I guess we can revisit this ater game 4 if you wish.

Hell at least he gave you the benefit of the doubt. My judgement was after the season opener.

2 hours ago, Headbutt said:

Considering the talent level on the field and your coaching staff that is in place I am being generous.  Once the current staff is gone and a new staff is in place the transition will take time.  To win football games you need upper classmen, and good ones at that. This is a complete rebuild whether you see it or not.  It will take time. Likely over 4 years.  I was just trying to be nice. 

38 minutes ago, Wyoman said:

You remember Wyoming’s D two to three years ago? Looked about like te CSU D. Remember the ass kicking Oregon put on our D last year? I’m not saying CSU has the right guys on D this year, but who knows, maybe it’ll click next week. (Really hope it doesn’t because I love seeing them lose but I don’t think this is a four year thing). 

Complete rebuilds like the one that is about to come takes time.  Add in the fact the athletic department is financially over extended and you have a recipe for a long rebuild.   Making the wrong coaching hires and financially over extending has consequences

15 minutes ago, slappy said:

Considering the talent level on the field and your coaching staff that is in place I am being generous.  Once the current staff is gone and a new staff is in place the transition will take time.  To win football games you need upper classmen, and good ones at that. This is a complete rebuild whether you see it or not.  It will take time. Likely over 4 years.  I was just trying to be nice. 

Maybe maybe not.  Deruyter had players he just couldn't develop them. Look at what Tedford did in one year. 

Bobo may have players and he probably does he's just a bad HC and his assistants can't develop talent. Someone like Jim Mac could turn it around quickly if he were to come back.

I think it's all moot anyway. They just extended Bobo.

2 minutes ago, rudolro said:

Maybe maybe not.  Deruyter had players he just couldn't develop them. Look at what Tedford did in one year. 

Bobo may have players and he probably does he's just a bad HC and his assistants can't develop talent. Someone like Jim Mac could turn it around quickly if he were to come back

I can’t remember the last time I was wrong about something like this.  Take it to the bank.  4+ years of below .500 football is on the way.