Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dogday63

Turd of the Week

19 minutes ago, jdw said:

$325,000. Look at who we play next week and you'll see why we scheduled this one.

Edit: Also, Prarie View?

Kudos to next week's schedule but, we are casting disparaging words on Turds of this week.

Good luck next week though.  They are probably the best team in the B10.

Heh. Problem is this week, is no one knows what IW is. They money-whipped the OC from Texas Tech to take over as their head coach so we'll see the Air raid tonight. I'm pretty sure we're still the better team, things are a bit better in Loboland this fall, but no one wants to open against a team that's going to throw 50 times.

5 minutes ago, jdw said:

Heh. Problem is this week, is no one knows what IW is. They money-whipped the OC from Texas Tech to take over as their head coach so we'll see the Air raid tonight. I'm pretty sure we're still the better team, things are a bit better in Loboland this fall, but no one wants to open against a team that's going to throw 50 times.

It's been real quiet in loboland.  I don't know a thing about this years team.  Good luck.

I’m rooting hard for stony brook, incarnate word, and Idaho today. 

My misery needs company.

words cannot express the jealousy I felt watching Nevada drop 72 on Portland state. THATS WHATS SUPPOSED TO HAPPEN AGAINST FCS TEAMS. 

6 hours ago, thatsmymammy said:

Whiteside with 6 rec 226 yards and 3 TDs beat SDSU..... 

Pick your poison. Rocky decided to stop Bryce Love and succeeded but in so doing, he left that guy single covered and there's no way in hell that was going to work.

Still, the Aztecs had other problems which included a really chitty game by Christian Chapman.

Boom goes the dynamite.

14 hours ago, NWRebel said:

I have to vote New Mexico.  Yeah, they haven't played yet but, who the phuck schedules Incarnate Word.  Incarnate won 12 games in 5 years playing FCS.  Pathetic.  How much is NM paying these guys for this game?

According to @SleepingGiantsFan, Fresno St abused them last season so, yeah... FSU and UNM.

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

San Jose should just be given the Turd of the Year award now and disqualified for the weekly awards. That would leave, IMO, a tight race for this week between Wyoming and SDSU. Both had high expectations and a legit chance of winning. I'd probably go with SDSU. At least Wyoming was in it going into the 4th quarter.

On 9/1/2018 at 8:54 AM, NWRebel said:

I have to vote New Mexico.  Yeah, they haven't played yet but, who the phuck schedules Incarnate Word.  Incarnate won 12 games in 5 years playing FCS.  Pathetic.  How much is NM paying these guys for this game?

Howard.

I think, therefore I'm.

IC: San Jose State. Sorry, but you just don't lose to FCS. 

OOC: Rice. They had Houston on the ropes, but the cougars found a way to win and now we're stuck with the ESPN circle jerk about Ed Oliver. 

0918_FootballVBoise(Weir)6081.jpg.91934a8a511e3532b39599f1988bbacb.jpg

5 hours ago, Dimwhit said:

San Jose should just be given the Turd of the Year award now and disqualified for the weekly awards.

Let's just simplify things and rename it the

SAN!!! of the Week Award

After all, "turd" and "SAN!!" are synonyms. Plus, the Spartans have zero chance to win an OOC game now so their only chance to win a game will be if someone in the MW emulates 2017 Wyoming and actually loses to the Spartans. If they do, for just that one week we can call it the "(insert loser name) Award." Could there possibly be a bigger burn than that?

Boom goes the dynamite.