Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RebelRobert

Any Military Veterans

40 minutes ago, RebelRobert said:

VetTix.org has free tickets for college football games across the country.

I saw Colorado State, UNLV, Fresno, Wyoming and New Mexico tickets available for free if you are a vet.

If you know a veteran tell them about it.

My son went to a couple of D-backs games when he lived in Phoenix.,he is now officially a student at UNLV (he’s so excited, lol) so he’ll get into home football and basketball games through that. He IS going to :)check on Golden Knights tickets, just none were available during the playoffs. 

This is a great program for our vets. 

4 hours ago, RebelRobert said:

VetTix.org has free tickets for college football games across the country.

I saw Colorado State, UNLV, Fresno, Wyoming and New Mexico tickets available for free if you are a vet.

If you know a veteran tell them about it.

Are there any good teams they are giving away tickets for?

:rimshot1:

2 hours ago, NWRebel said:

Thanks Rob!  They accept FlashSeat ticket donations.  I will donate a few VGK tickets.

I wish I had known about this organization last year.

Sounds like you renewed your season tickets? good for you!

This is a great thing for vets!!  I'll have my daughter sign up.  Yesterday, she was at Lowe's and parked in the vet parking spot.  An older lady told her those parking places are for vets and my daughter said she is a vet.  The woman kept arguing with her that there was no way she was a vet.  She finally pulled out her card, that showed, that she was indeed a Marine.  At least the woman apologized and told her she couldn't believe that somebody as pretty as her was a Marine.

down in a hole.jpg

8 minutes ago, Broncomare said:

This is a great thing for vets!!  I'll have my daughter sign up.  Yesterday, she was at Lowe's and parked in the vet parking spot.  An older lady told her those parking places are for vets and my daughter said she is a vet.  The woman kept arguing with her that there was no way she was a vet.  She finally pulled out her card, that showed, that she was indeed a Marine.  At least the woman apologized and told her she couldn't believe that somebody as pretty as her was a Marine.

I guess that woman didn't know what in the hell was going on. 

latestbroncofanslogo.png.20959eb73e46249d924bc7abb968f702.png

VetTix is great. I've been to a couple of Diamondbacks and ASU football games using this service.

USMC 1984 to 2007.

47 minutes ago, sean327 said:

VetTix is great. I've been to a couple of Diamondbacks and ASU football games using this service.

USMC 1984 to 2007.

There is a restaurant/bar in Boise owned by a Marine.  He always throws a huge USMC birthday bash.  My daughter went last year and met the pilot for Marine One during the Reagan years!  When she was active duty, she got so much crap from all the male Marines about being a female Marine and she was getting a little crap from the younger guys there that night.  But all of the Marines that were there, probably 40 and older, was proud she chose to be a Marine!  The Marine One pilot heard a couple of them say disparaging remarks about my daughter and ripped all of them a new one!!  She did admit, that when she was stationed at Oki, if someone from another branch gave her crap, the guys with her had her back!  Kind of like brothers and sisters......

down in a hole.jpg

2 hours ago, Broncomare said:

There is a restaurant/bar in Boise owned by a Marine.  He always throws a huge USMC birthday bash.  My daughter went last year and met the pilot for Marine One during the Reagan years!  When she was active duty, she got so much crap from all the male Marines about being a female Marine and she was getting a little crap from the younger guys there that night.  But all of the Marines that were there, probably 40 and older, was proud she chose to be a Marine!  The Marine One pilot heard a couple of them say disparaging remarks about my daughter and ripped all of them a new one!!  She did admit, that when she was stationed at Oki, if someone from another branch gave her crap, the guys with her had her back!  Kind of like brothers and sisters......

That's how it is, only a Marine can give another Marine any shit. It also goes down to the small unit level. You have a Marine in your platoon or squad who may be a total shitbird, but Marines from other platoons or squads will get their asses kicked if they mess with him. He may be a shitbird, but he's our shitbird!