BleedRebelRed

Will Sisolak force Nevada to rebrand back to UNR?

23 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Man I hear you, but at this point I just want someone competent running UNLV and Sandoval seems to fit that requirement.  I'll take him arms wide open.

I remember seeing Sandoval at a UNLV football game (not versus reno) wearing a red shirt with UNLV on the shirt pocket.  My first reaction was wtf but, I later thought that here is a guy who can rise above the petty North/South shit.  I know I couldn't do it but, he is a better man than myself.  I would support him as UNLV President.

Edit:  I think our interim president will end up with the job though.

2 minutes ago, NWRebel said:

I remember seeing Sandoval at a UNLV football game (not versus reno) wearing a red shirt with UNLV on the shirt pocket.  My first reaction was wtf but, I later thought that here is a guy who can rise above the petty North/South shit.  I know I couldn't do it but, he is a better man than myself.  I would support him as UNLV President.

Well of course, that was his job. He's Governor of the whole state and very popular north and south, left and right.

6 minutes ago, NWRebel said:

He recognizes that he's the governor of the entire state, not just one area.

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 hour ago, NWRebel said:

I think the guy genuinely loves the state. I’d be surprised as hell to see him leave Reno for Vegas. He still has kids in Reno and one still at Manogue?? Not sure what his next gig will be but he can write his own ticket. 

17 minutes ago, Victor Maitlin said:

Before he was Governor, didn't Sandoval used to blow off Nevada games to host Ohio State alumni club game watch parties?  Asking for a friend.

I don’t know about football, but he had Nevada basketball season tix for years about 10’ from mine and was at every game. He gave them up when he became governor. He’s a Pack fan. Next time I see him, I’ll ask him who his #1 team is. Could be years, though, unless he pick up seats near me again. 

4 hours ago, NWRebel said:

This is why Sisolak makes better sense.  I’m not a fan of Sisolak but, Laxalt and his cronies are phucked up.

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2018/aug/30/nevada-republicans-attitude-about-california-is-da/

I think that a lot of the California people and companies that move to Nevada agree with that sentiment. They move from the Bay area to Reno because of the lower taxes, cost of living, and regulatory environment. 

I don't like Laxalt at all, but it would be an easy choice between him and Sisolak.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Victor Maitlin said:

In all fairness, Nevada probably won't have to worry about the Tesla factory in two years.

Panasonic runs it, Panasonic has lots of market places for the lithium  batteries.

Not going away anytime soon no matter what Tesla does or doesn't do.

In all fairness.

• Like 2

cerified_Subarus.jpg

1 hour ago, Lester_in_reno said:

Panasonic runs it, Panasonic has lots of market places for the lithium  batteries.

Not going away anytime soon no matter what Tesla does or doesn't do.

In all fairness.

Did not know that. I'm sure the workers are immensely grateful about that given the stories that come out of the Tesla plant in Calif. 

SteelCityBlue

November 24th, 2018 at 9:10 PM ^

I'm looking forward to a new head coach who isn't a cud-chewing autistic retard.

34 minutes ago, Victor Maitlin said:

Did not know that. I'm sure the workers are immensely grateful about that given the stories that come out of the Tesla plant in Calif. 

It's interesting that there have been a couple of negative stories in the RGJ regarding the battery plant here and it's always referred to as the "Tesla" plant.

I think it just makes for better headlines; Elon Musk and Tesla have become a little controversial. 

On 8/31/2018 at 12:05 PM, renoskier said:

It's interesting that there have been a couple of negative stories in the RGJ regarding the battery plant here and it's always referred to as the "Tesla" plant.

I think it just makes for better headlines; Elon Musk and Tesla have become a little controversial. 

The RGJ is becoming the LV Sun. I don’t give two chits about the opinion of a writer on that staff. Just list the facts. 

16 minutes ago, BleedRebelRed said:

It's hilarious that the Laxalt camp believes they can flip gullible coeds over to Team Trump by threatening that Sisolak will do some "re-branding" that is not within the governor's power to do...

Sisolak2.PNG

Sisolak.PNG

I’d bet good money this is because of the question I asked that ended up in the RGJ. 

• Like 1

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

3 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I’d bet good money this is because of the question I asked. 

The Murray Mailbag question(?)... what is that new news outlet that Murray is at now - is it a show or a publication?  I notice he still does the mailbag.

Hopefully Murray stays relevant.  After Geoff Grammer (ABQ Journal) he's been the second best journalist covering the MWC in recent years in my opinion.  I used to also follow Brian Murphy until he left the Idaho Statesman.  The worst MWC journalists are probably the two SDSU fanboys, Mark Ziegler (SD Union-Trib) and Ed Graney (Las Vegas Review Journal).

• Like 1