BleedRebelRed

Will Sisolak force Nevada to rebrand back to UNR?

9 hours ago, Lester_in_reno said:

and Laxalt is Pete Domenici 's  bastard son. (if anyone didn't know)

That story is an alternative, manufactured truth, intended to protect him from his true fathers name.

Adam is aTargaryen. 

He can talk to snakes too.

I'm not really sure what to think of Laxalt.  But if half of what I've heard about Sisolak is true, he is a top tier scumbag who should probably be behind bars.

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

1 hour ago, Extra Mayo said:

I was watching Family Fued the other day and a former wolfpack bball player was one of the contestants. He said he played at "The University of Nevada Reno"

#UNR

When I was growing up in Reno, everyone called it UNR.  It's still my first impulse, but I usually check it so as not to offend the Nevada purists.

SteelCityBlue

November 24th, 2018 at 9:10 PM ^

I'm looking forward to a new head coach who isn't a cud-chewing autistic retard.

1 hour ago, Victor Maitlin said:

When I was growing up in Reno, everyone called it UNR.  It's still my first impulse, but I usually check it so as not to offend the Nevada purists.

Everyone still says UNR when referring to the university. One of my sons is going to UNR. 

However, all of my Wolf Pack gear says...NEVADA.

And all of the networks and media refer to the Wolf Pack as...NEVADA.

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 9:05 AM, Victor Maitlin said:

NV, NV Reno, UNR, are all fine with me.  I too grew up calling it UNR.   

Cal, Cal Berkley, Berkley, UCB are all synonymous as well.  And I doubt any of their alums get bent out of shape if someone calls them "Berkley."  I don't know why some NV fans are so insistent on being called "Nevada" exclusively.  It's kind of petty, IMO.  

Barack Obama

1 hour ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Cal, Cal Berkley, Berkley, UCB are all synonymous as well.  And I doubt any of their alums get bent out of shape if someone calls them "Berkley."  I don't know why some NV fans are so insistent on being called "Nevada" exclusively.  It's kind of petty, IMO.  

Truth!!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, sandiegopete said:

Why is this an important subject for Nevadans? Or, is it just important for some alums?  And if so, why? I agree with Shark Tanked.  There is currently 5 pages of hooey on this topic.  (And yes, I know I just contributed another useless comment on this useless topic) 

About 15 years ago at a Hawaii home game, me talking to a Nevada fan...

"Me: We like Nevada-Reno and...."

Nevada Fan: Hold on!  It's just Nevada!  How would you feel if we called you guys Hawaii-Manoa all the time?!?!?!"

Me: Uh....why would we care?  The Campus is in Manoa..."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

I recommend going with "Cal", or "UCB".

#Berkeley

2 hours ago, WAC_FAN said:

About 15 years ago at a Hawaii home game, me talking to a Nevada fan...

"Me: We like Nevada-Reno and...."

Nevada Fan: Hold on!  It's just Nevada!  How would you feel if we called you guys Hawaii-Manoa all the time?!?!?!"

Me: Uh....why would we care?  The Campus is in Manoa..."

But why say Nevada-Reno? It's redundant.

So, let me get this straight.  Some people preferred the guy who--at the behest of the Koch Brothers and similar to what Walker attempted in Wisconsin--would have gutted the university's already meager funding over the other guy because the other guy might have you attach Reno to your name?

• Like 2

SteelCityBlue

November 24th, 2018 at 9:10 PM ^

I'm looking forward to a new head coach who isn't a cud-chewing autistic retard.

On 11/10/2018 at 6:43 AM, Victor Maitlin said:

So, let me get this straight.  Some people preferred the guy who--at the behest of the Koch Brothers and similar to what Walker attempted in Wisconsin--would have gutted the university's already meager funding over the other guy because the other guy might have you attach Reno to your name?

Or maybe some of us looked at two, not so stellar choices and voted for Laxalt.

Barack Obama

On 11/9/2018 at 2:46 PM, renoskier said:

But why say Nevada-Reno? It's redundant.

I don't know--It just flows better to me.  Like UNLV is Nevada Las Vegas.  It's was never originally an intended insult.  (Except now that everyone knows that it bothers Nevada fans...)