Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheJackel

San Diego State games in Tijuana

Guest #1Stunner
1 hour ago, Wyovanian said:

Dishonest, always so dishonest...

You've been upset ever since CSU got their new stadium...

No need to get so angry. 

Anger-management.jpg

I was just thinking the other day when I was reading an article from a respected newspaper ;) about MW expansion and the potential signs that point to UTEP. That the mountain west should use UTEP and San Diego State to expand our brand of football internationally in Mexico. TJ and Juarez more specifically.

Its sounds crazy, because it is. But like you’re seeing with the Aztecs now there’s some potential there.

I think it’s still going to take time to secure funding for a proposed stadium and its smart to build this relationship.

On 8/23/2018 at 11:14 AM, RamSack said:

I go to TJ regularly for work and would not take my wife or daughter there.  Maybe I've only been exposed to the bad part(s), but it's not worth the risk IMO.

I'd be more than happy to watch your wife & daughter for you durning your nxt trip to TJ.

On 8/23/2018 at 11:19 AM, Hoser said:

What is the attraction or benefit to a MWC game in Tijuana?  Not sure I see anything that would make that a good thing.

It sounds like you've never been to TJ before.

Take a trip down south & get back to us.

On 8/23/2018 at 11:19 AM, Hoser said:

What is the attraction or benefit to a MWC game in Tijuana?  Not sure I see anything that would make that a good thing.

On 8/23/2018 at 2:05 PM, pokebball said:

This was kinda my thought.  I don't see the value.

Perhaps it would be a good "juke" to get BYU to travel there, then we can build the wall.  I'd support the wall if this were the case.

Do you two see the "attraction," "benefit" or "value" in this?:

https://goo.gl/images/aA7jxS

3 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

You've been upset ever since CSU got their new stadium...

No need to get so angry. 

Anger-management.jpg

Whatever, f--ktard. You're the one who's hiding his real response to a direct nerve hit about inbreeding...

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

Guest #1Stunner
13 hours ago, Wyovanian said:

Whatever, f--ktard. You're the one who's hiding his real response to a direct nerve hit about inbreeding...

Ha!  Is that what I did?

136551d1465477177-new-product-release-kw

1 hour ago, #1Stunner said:

Ha!  Is that what I did?

136551d1465477177-new-product-release-kw

Your exact response was, "You are a delight."

For some reason, after I give it a thumbs up, you changed it.

Try not to confuse anger with disgust.

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

18 hours ago, tBSU said:

I was just thinking the other day when I was reading an article from a respected newspaper ;) about MW expansion and the potential signs that point to UTEP. That the mountain west should use UTEP and San Diego State to expand our brand of football internationally in Mexico. TJ and Juarez more specifically.

Its sounds crazy, because it is. But like you’re seeing with the Aztecs now there’s some potential there.

I think it’s still going to take time to secure funding for a proposed stadium and its smart to build this relationship.

Juarez is one of the least safe cities in the world and I also think SDSU's AD's idea about playing games in TJ is really dumb.

Example: After my good friend's stepson, who is Mexican-American and fluent in Spanish, turned 18, he and his buds would occasionally go down to TJ to hit titty bars and drink. At about 18 and a half, the stepson and his friends got particularly shyte faced but somehow nevertheless made it across the border after the bars closed. On the way back to L.A., they got hungry and so stopped in at a 24-hour Jack-in-the-Box in San Diego where they and a few locals who probably weren't exactly sober either engaged in trash talking. One thing led to another and a knockdown/dragout ensued. The stepson had no criminal record and they got a good lawyer to represent him yet he was still sentenced to incarceration in SD every weekend for three months amongst many gangbangers. If the Aztecs begin playing football in TJ, I anticipate similar events involving many students.

Boom goes the dynamite.

7 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Juarez is one of the least safe cities in the world and I also think SDSU's AD's idea about playing games in TJ is really dumb.

Example: After my good friend's stepson, who is Mexican-American and fluent in Spanish, turned 18, he and his buds would occasionally go down to TJ to hit titty bars and drink. At about 18 and a half, the stepson and his friends got particularly shyte faced but somehow nevertheless made it across the border after the bars closed. On the way back to L.A., they got hungry and so stopped in at a 24-hour Jack-in-the-Box in San Diego where they and a few locals who probably weren't exactly sober either engaged in trash talking. One thing led to another and a knockdown/dragout ensued. The stepson had no criminal record and they got a good lawyer to represent him yet he was still sentenced to incarceration in SD every weekend for three months amongst many gangbangers. If the Aztecs begin playing football in TJ, I anticipate similar events involving many students.

And that’s Tijuana’s fault? Lol your friends stepson acted like a jackass and got checked. I hate when people point the blame away from the idiot that made poor choices.  

Guest #1Stunner
2 hours ago, Wyovanian said:

Your exact response was, "You are a delight."

For some reason, after I give it a thumbs up, you changed it.

Try not to confuse anger with disgust.

^^^ so angry at everyone.

Why are you always so mad?

CSU got their wonderful new stadium.  Life goes on...

Guest #1Stunner
2 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Not every visit to Tijuana has to be to the seedy part of town, right?

If it is day game, it will be fine.   The Mexicans in Tijuana will enjoy cheering for SDSU.

It will be a fun game for SDSU.

3 hours ago, JohnAdams said:

And that’s Tijuana’s fault? Lol your friends stepson acted like a jackass and got checked. I hate when people point the blame away from the idiot that made poor choices.  

Reading comprehension challenged much?

Boom goes the dynamite.

4 hours ago, JohnAdams said:

30 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Reading comprehension challenged much?

No problems reading, I have to agree with JA, what does this have to do with Tijuana? Kids, hell adults, get drunk and do stupid shit all the time.

8 minutes ago, renoskier said:

No problems reading, I have to agree with JA, what does this have to do with Tijuana? Kids, hell adults, get drunk and do stupid shit all the time.

Ever been to TJ? If you have, you know that encouraging students to go to that place is encouraging them to not only get drunk and do stupid shit, it's encouraging them to do so in a foreign country where cops can be less than sympathetic. So if the Aztecs are actually going to play football there, SDSU would be advised to sponsor a bunch of buses to take them down there and back.

Boom goes the dynamite.

21 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

It sounds like you've never been to TJ before.

Take a trip down south & get back to us.

I have been there several times.  Why don't you fill me in on what is so great about TJ.  I do remember the Lobster burrito's in Rosarito though, those were outstanding.

**  “It’s a basic truth of the human condition that everybody lies. The only variable is about what.”

“There’s no ‘I’ in team. There’s a ‘me’ though, if you jumble it up.”

hoserjpg-2009.jpg.1a3e5724d48c16a835b94dde26c99132.jpg

On 8/23/2018 at 2:19 PM, Hoser said:

Huh? Expansion of the fan base. What is hard to understand about that?

1 hour ago, Hoser said:

I have been there several times.  Why don't you fill me in on what is so great about TJ.  I do remember the Lobster burrito's in Rosarito though, those were outstanding.

They have good ceviche too.

Not much really...just HOTT chicas that pretend they like old middle aged güeros.

I’ve been to a bunch of soccer games in that stadium. It’s not in a bad part of Tijuana at all. The violence is in the eastern shantytowns, and it’s mostly turf wars.

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say