5. USU

6. CSU 

7. UNLV

8. Nevada

9. AFA

10. UNM

11. Hawai'i

12: San Jose 

I hope that's not how it ends up iff Wyoming loses to NMSU in a few days... and that might happen. Don't want it to, but it's very possible. 

Matt Miller would have destroyed every receiving record at BSU and nearly every MWC receiving record if he didn't get hurt early in his senior year. I don't think anyone could legitimately argue that he was a better NFL prospect than Devante Adams...but he was a pretty damn good college receiver...244 career receptions (4th in MWC history),  3,049 receiving yards (10th in MWC) and 29 TD's (4th in MWC) while only playing in 5 of BSU's 14 games as a senior.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

It means we finish first, bitch. Because we got robbed last year by the conference. 

Here I thought you lost in the MW championship game. Was the officiating bad? 

• Haha 2

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

3 hours ago, Pokez said:

Broncos

Bulldogs

Aztecs

Cowboys

Aggies

Rams

Wolfpack

Rebels

Falcons

Lobos

Rainbows

Spartans

This is about right!

down in a hole.jpg

While there's a "surprise" teams more often than most, I think you can more or less throw a dart after the top-3 of Boise, Fresno and SDSU this year on four or five different teams that have the potential to jump up.

And then there's three or four cellar dwellers. 

4 hours ago, KingBronco said:

Matt Miller would have destroyed every receiving record at BSU and nearly every MWC receiving record if he didn't get hurt early in his senior year. I don't think anyone could legitimately argue that he was a better NFL prospect than Devante Adams...but he was a pretty damn good college receiver...244 career receptions (4th in MWC history),  3,049 receiving yards (10th in MWC) and 29 TD's (4th in MWC) while only playing in 5 of BSU's 14 games as a senior.

Davante had 244 catches, 3039 yards and 38 TD in 2 years.

13 hours ago, kingpotato said:

I hope that's not how it ends up iff Wyoming loses to NMSU in a few days... and that might happen. Don't want it to, but it's very possible. 

Wyoming has the potential to win the conference and lose to NMSU in the same season for sure.

It takes time for a new offense to click and Wyoming will have a good defense.  Wyoming will be starting a freshman QB and 7 out of 10 offensive lineman on the 2-deep for the NMSU game are either 1st or 2nd year players in the program (partly because of injuries).

• Like 1

Unless the WYO defense doesn't live up to the hype, I honestly can't see the WYO vs NMSU game being all that close. NMSU is not going to be the version they were last year, which was historically good for them, but still not that great of a team in the overall scheme of things. If WYO struggles to win this game then I don't think it spells good things for their season. Yes, teams can and do improve over the course of the season but this should be a warm up game in every sense of the word for the Pokes. I expect no less from USU when they face NMSU in Week 2.

12 minutes ago, TrueAg said:

Unless the WYO defense doesn't live up to the hype, I honestly can't see the WYO vs NMSU game being all that close. NMSU is not going to be the version they were last year, which was historically good for them, but still not that great of a team in the overall scheme of things. If WYO struggles to win this game then I don't think it spells good things for their season. Yes, teams can and do improve over the course of the season but this should be a warm up game in every sense of the word for the Pokes. I expect no less from USU when they face NMSU in Week 2.

I think you're overestimating how poor the Wyoming offense might be. They were one of this worst in the country last year and lost the only playmaker on it. This OL issue is a big hurdle. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

I think you're overestimating how poor the Wyoming offense might be. They were one of this worst in the country last year and lost the only playmaker on it. This OL issue is a big hurdle. 

You could be right, perhaps I am being blinded by what seems like a crazy amount of respect given to WYO in these preseason rankings and polls.