Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

trl87

Loss of a pet...

This is the first time I've truly had to deal with this as he is solely mine. What makes it all the worse is he's only 8. But cancer is a wicked, vicious bitch. Man do I like animals over humans. Give your animals extra love from me. 

Sleep well, Sid. Love you little buddy.

20180402_182024.jpg

Pets are like family.  Sorry for your loss :( 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

I've been through it with dogs and know it's tough. Time will heal your wound, hang in there. :)

The only time my wife has seen me bawl my eyes out is when my family dog died at 17 years old. I loved that dog. We got him when I was 7. 

"BYU is like a 4-year-long church dance with 20,000 chaperones all waiting for you to forget to shave one morning so they can throw you out." -GeoAg

l.jpg

4 hours ago, trl87 said:

This is the first time I've truly had to deal with this as he is solely mine. What makes it all the worse is he's only 8. But cancer is a wicked, vicious bitch. Man do I like animals over humans. Give your animals extra love from me. 

Sleep well, Sid. Love you little buddy.

20180402_182024.jpg

Wow, I'm so sorry for your loss. What a sweet looking little guy. Eight is very young for cancer, and that really really sucks. But that little guy was blessed as hell to have you for his 8 years, and you know he wouldn't have had it any other way. There are millions and millions of stray cats in this country that really suffer every day, and having a gig like Sid had would be like winning the lottery to them. He was very lucky.

Some people say that they don't want to have a pet because they don't want to deal with their eventual death. But that's never made sense to me. The amount you get from a pet is insanely more positive than the sadness at the end. I just hope it doesn't deter you from getting another.

I've been through plenty of my own, and after a little time, I go down to the shelter and say to myself that my cat dying will save another cats life, and I pick out the cat. That's kind of how I've dealt with it. 

kat.jpg

You all are too kind. Hardest day and decision of my life. Was expecting to have him for 1000 more years. Surrendering his body was too damn hard, so I immortalized him in my own way. Buried him under this mum (red, a color filling my house) with some decorative grass. Laid on a bed of crab grass (his favorite outdoor snack, and something I never let him eat, until today). He's wrapped in a soft fleece blanket and under his paw he's got a few of his favorite things: crinkly plastic, q-tips, and a few pieces of bristle from my broom. I think he would appreciate that little tribute. Goodbye, friend. You made my life so much more enjoyable and got me through some very dark times.

20180821_185145.jpg

2 minutes ago, trl87 said:

You all are too kind. Hardest day and decision of my life. Was expecting to have him for 1000 more years. Surrendering his body was too damn hard, so I immortalized him in my own way. Buried him under this mum (red, a color filling my house) with some decorative grass. Laid on a bed of crab grass (his favorite outdoor snack, and something I never let him eat, until today). He's wrapped in a soft fleece blanket and under his paw he's got a few of his favorite things: crinkly plastic, q-tips, and a few pieces of bristle from my broom. I think he would appreciate that little tribute. Goodbye, friend. You made my life so much more enjoyable and got me through some very dark times.

20180821_185145.jpg

Very nice

I'm really sorry. :( I've lost three cats in my adult life... two just disappeared, and one died of a kidney infection. I'm going to be devastated when my 15 year old cat eventually passes on.