Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MWC Tex

MWC Countdown to Kickoff

Coach Davie said “we are not going away from what we are, an option team”. What they are incorporating, with the OC, is a more serious RPO/dropback pass threat. 

Before, when we did RPO, hardly anyone took it seriously because... well, our Recent QBs weren’t known as passing threats. With the new QBs we have now, and with sophomore QB Tuitio (a true dual threat an), more than likely to be the starting QBS, the passing game will be more of a real threat to defenses than in the past. 

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

On 8/18/2018 at 9:16 AM, MWC Tex said:

Nevada and Utah St added.

USU thinking they could contend for the division title this year.

USU needs to put down the crack pipe!

down in a hole.jpg

On 8/18/2018 at 9:16 AM, MWC Tex said:

Nevada and Utah St added.

USU thinking they could contend for the division title this year.

They are going to contend. Not having to play either SDSU or Fresno out of the West really helps. 

40 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

They are going to contend. Not having to play either SDSU or Fresno out of the West really helps. 

In my totally biased opinion, USU is being overlooked due to losing all close games last year. 18 returning starters is nothing to sneeze at and a lot of those starters have been supplanted by newcomers. The big question is this: If USU wins the MTN but loses to Boise, is the Boise St fan bitching going to be as loud as it was in 2013 when USU advanced after not having to play Fresno and SDSU? 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

22 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

In my totally biased opinion, USU is being overlooked due to losing all close games last year. 18 returning starters is nothing to sneeze at and a lot of those starters have been supplanted by newcomers. The big question is this: If USU wins the MTN but loses to Boise, is the Boise St fan bitching going to be as loud as it was in 2013 when USU advanced after not having to play Fresno and SDSU? 

I remember one game that wasnt particularly close.

43 minutes ago, Swoll Cracker said:

I remember one game that wasnt particularly close.

Yeah that Wake Forest game was embarrassing. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

8 hours ago, madmartigan said:

Are you using my own arguments to convince me? If so, it's working. 

I don't think they're getting overlooked. I've had them as the 2nd best SEC Mountain team all off-season and Phil Steele had them there, as well. I also had Fresno as my surprise team last year. 

And to be fair, the West has been very unbalanced for years, so it does matter. The year before last, SDSU went 1-2 vs the SEC Mountain and won the conference. Boise went 2-1 vs those same teams, 3-0 vs the West, and didn't even play in the Championship Game. So, I guess yes, there might be bitching. It would not be that surprising if the baggies won the conference this year. 

7 hours ago, Bob said:

except they suck

Except they don't. Compared to Wyoming, they out gained their opponents by 50 more ypp, return more starters, and didn't lose our Lord and savior as their leader. I'm not sure how they compare with Air Force.