Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RiverCityBronco

No longer Mormon or LDS Church, instead just "The Church"

"The Lord has impressed upon my mind the importance of the name he has revealed for his church, even The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints,” President Russell M. Nelson said in a statement Thursday. “We have work before us to bring ourselves in harmony with his will. In recent weeks, various church leaders and departments have initiated the necessary steps to do so.”

https://www.idahostatesman.com/living/religion/article216835180.html

5812325074_d6d40a5a2c_b.jpg

Admittedly, being just called "the church" seems arrogant.  I hope they are using it in only in context after initially identifying it as "the church of jesus christ of latter day saints", so when they reference it again they don't need to spit out that mouthful.  Which I think is what they intended.

57 minutes ago, Del Scorcho said:

Admittedly, being just called "the church" seems arrogant.  I hope they are using it in only in context after initially identifying it as "the church of jesus christ of latter day saints", so when they reference it again they don't need to spit out that mouthful.  Which I think is what they intended.

In Utah, this is standard nomenclature...

1 hour ago, Del Scorcho said:

If one reads the link that’s EXACTLY the intent.  Not sure why this is even thread worthy.  For once, I actually agree with @jackmormon, it’s already fairly standard with “the church” based on my life experience as a member.

v0icAvfW.jpg

They can change the name, but it's still the same.

They'll knock on your door while you're watching a game.

See the source image

On 8/17/2018 at 3:52 AM, SalinasSpartan said:

Does The Church have temples in The City and The Town? That’d be pretty cool.

Frisco? No

Oakland? Yes! And by all accounts it's one of the more highly regarded. My ex BIL and SIL were Mormon and it was the first place they went when they visited. Driving up 580 through the Oakland hills it's easily visible to the east.