Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

Freedom of religion

1 hour ago, sandiegopete said:

We are supposed to have freedom from religion in this country.  At least that was the intent of the 1st Amendment. 

True.

I think what these, alleged, Satanists are pointing out is that freedom of religion also means no "state established" religion. Essentially that Christians shouldn't be allowed to put a bunch of religious paraphernalia on government property/grounds because it effectively "endorses" a religion. So if you're going to allow the crucifix to be displayed, you'd best be prepared to allow symbols of other religions to be given equal treatment or you're favoring one religion over another as a matter of government policy.

My personal opinion is that there should be no religious symbols of any kind on official government properties, whether they be the Ten Commandments or the Islamic Star and Crescent. A government should be purely secular. I'm opposed even to any sort of opening prayer or house chaplin before opening each session of Congress although my views on that remain in the minority.

Guest #1Stunner
38 minutes ago, nocoolnamejim said:

True.

I think what these, alleged, Satanists are pointing out is that freedom of religion also means no "state established" religion. Essentially that Christians shouldn't be allowed to put a bunch of religious paraphernalia on government property/grounds because it effectively "endorses" a religion. So if you're going to allow the crucifix to be displayed, you'd best be prepared to allow symbols of other religions to be given equal treatment or you're favoring one religion over another as a matter of government policy.

My personal opinion is that there should be no religious symbols of any kind on official government properties, whether they be the Ten Commandments or the Islamic Star and Crescent. A government should be purely secular. I'm opposed even to any sort opening prayer or house chaplin before opening each session of Congress although my views on that remain in the minority.

Every BYU football game starts with a prayer.

I'm going to petition for permission to say it at the BYU vs BOISE game this year.  

"Please let us kick Boise's ass in football by 2, probably 3 touchdowns this year.....Amen!"

1 minute ago, #1Stunner said:

I'm going to petition for permission to say it at the BYU vs BOISE game this year.  

"Please let us kick Boise's ass in football by 2, probably 3 touchdowns this year.....Amen!"

LOL!

Godspeed you mad bastard!

39 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

God is a Bronco.  Good luck with that prayer!  HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

Guest #1Stunner
26 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

God will have an humble football team.

We will crush Boise, and send them home, crying in their potato fields.

#BYUbeatBoise  #GoCougs!!!

9 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

God will have an humble football team.

We will crush Boise, and send them home, crying in their potato fields.

#BYUbeatBoise  #GoCougs!!!

I do suspect that BYU's football team will be humbled this upcoming year.

36 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

He purportedly is a carpenter so this could be true. 👍

And btw, not throwing shade at that profession. If I had to do it over again I’d find a job that doesn’t require sitting at a computer/desk all day every day. 

2 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

He purportedly is a carpenter so this could be true. 👍

And btw, not throwing shade at that profession. If I had to do it over again I’d find a job that doesn’t require sitting at a computer/desk all day every day. 

Find yourself one that lets you work from home. 

Trust me. Guaranteed win. 

Guest #1Stunner
6 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

:USFlag:

4 hours ago, jackmormon said:

Awesome!

This statue will be vandalized and destroyed within an hour of putting it up.

59 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

This statue will be vandalized and destroyed within an hour of putting it up.

This was my thought too.  It'll go the way of the Trump Star in Hollywood.  I imagine that statue cost some change.

The World Needs More Cowboys!