Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jeffkills

Anyone want some BSU/OkieLight Action?

I’ll take a straight $50 bet against someone predicting a Boise loss...

Another $20 says Ryp ends up as the MW’s QB MVP...

If I lost both bets, I’d probably be able to maintain, BUT, if we drop a fu/cking MW game, I’m gonna be livid!   A BYU loss is unnaceptable too..  

New-Signature.jpg

6 hours ago, Jeffkills said:

If I lost both bets, I’d probably be able to maintain, BUT, if we drop a fu/cking MW game, I’m gonna be livid!   A BYU loss is unnaceptable too..  

I guarantee that Rypien does not end up as the "MW QB MVP". 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

2 minutes ago, happycamper said:

I guarantee that Rypien does not end up as the "MW QB MVP".  

I see, then who's your prediction for that honor ?

Don't forget, Josh Allen, along with his potato head, were already drafted last year...

Your Wyoming Broken-back won't even likely have a guy that'll even be remotely considered for the award...

New-Signature.jpg

Just now, Jeffkills said:

I see, then who's your prediction for that honor ?

Don't forget, Josh Allen, along with his potato head, were already drafted last year...

Your Wyoming Broken-back won't even likely have a guy that'll even be remotely considered for the award...

I predict that nobody will win that honor. The "MW's QB MVP" is not a thing. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

You fools are walking away from pretty easy money!!

They've always had a certain moxie down there in that Boon Picken' Stadium..  I'd say their fitten' to show us reall football...

Accordingly, I must advise you to do the prudent thing, and bet on a sure thing... 

I know you know OSU will more than likley beat up on BSU, so how about we let $50 big ones ride the line?!

New-Signature.jpg

41 minutes ago, happycamper said:

I predict that nobody will win that honor. The "MW's QB MVP" is not a thing. 

Bet you that after we have all the games in the rear view, and after like 10 threads are created on the topic, my prediction will be clearly evident by every non-troglodyte on this forum...

BTW, any, even grossly tangential arguments, as proposed upon semantics, are always used by people devoid of repetitive argumentation of substantive qualities.

People who are concerned about non-family related athletes sustaining injuries, need to really understand football culture. 

I'm about 99% positive that play is the most hilarious game-ending everyone has ever seen in football...

Never were Eagle fans so abused by Cowboys fans....  The nomenclature surrounding the event lead the play to be officially known forever as Pic 6 Loss B4 Prolapsed vagina.

New-Signature.jpg

11 minutes ago, Jeffkills said:

Bet you that after we have all the games in the rear view, and after like 10 threads are created on the topic, my prediction will be clearly evident by every non-troglodyte on this forum...

BTW, any, even grossly tangential arguments, as proposed upon semantics, are always used by people devoid of repetitive argumentation of substantive qualities - in other words, the folks among us that insist things like player safety rules in football is good. 

People who are concerned about non-family related athletes sustaining injuries, need to really understand football culture. 

I'm about 99% positive that play is the most hilarious game-ending everyone has ever seen in football...

Never were Eagle fans so abused by Cowboys fans....  The nomenclature surrounding the event lead the play to be officially known forever as Pic 6 Loss B4 Prolapsed vagina.

Your prediction that they will create a new award?

26 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Your prediction that they will create a new award?

The award doesn't exist by name per-se, but the First Team All-MWC Quarterback award does.

A rose by any other name and all that.

2 hours ago, nocoolnamejim said:

The award doesn't exist by name per-se, but the First Team All-MWC Quarterback award does.

A rose by any other name and all that.

Gangi will win First Team All-MWC over Rypien.  @Jeffkills I accept your $20 bet that the Field and not Rypien will win first team all-mwc as decided by the media. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

32 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Gangi will win First Team All-MWC over Rypien.  @Jeffkills I accept your $20 bet that anybody but Rypien wins first team all-mwc as decided by the media.

I'm bullish on Ryp's prospects for this year.

30 minutes ago, nocoolnamejim said:

I'm bullish on Ryp's prospects for this year.

I’m sure he will have a great season.  But I suspect Gangi will have a much better season statistically.  Ryp lost it to Stevens last year despite being on the better team.  I suspect it’ll go that way again this year.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 minute ago, mugtang said:

I’m sure he will have a great season.  But I suspect Gangi will have a much better season statistically.  Ryp lost it to Stevens last year despite being on the better team.  I suspect it’ll go that way again this year.  

Why I think otherwise is that Cozart's now gone from Boise State. I don't think we'll see as much time sharing among the BSU QBs, which is why I think we'll see a much improved year out of Ryp statistically. I think he's going to put up some numbers resembling his Freshman/Sophomore campaigns when he won First Team. 

The wild card is that I'm wondering if Chase Cord (Ryp's primary backup and the guy considered to be the likely heir apparent) will see the field more than people think. He's also a dual threat guy so it's possible the coaches keep going with that two-QB thing.

4 hours ago, mugtang said:

If Nevada wins more than 6 games it might be slightly closer because Gangi will put up some good stats...but Rypien would have to get hurt or both he and his team would need to completely collapse for him to not win it again as a senior.

16 hours ago, Jeffkills said:

Are you taking the bet for a loss to ok state or a loss in general to the field?

5 hours ago, KingBronco said:

If Nevada wins more than 6 games it might be slightly closer because Gangi will put up some good stats...but Rypien would have to get hurt or both he and his team would need to completely collapse for him to not win it again as a senior.

Gangi’s stats will blow Rypien’s stats out of the water.  Yes, Rypien will win more games because you guys have a much better defense but here are their stats from last year:

In 13 games last year, Rypien threw the ball 348 times, completing 218 of the passes for 2,877 yds with 16 TDs vs 6 INTs.  

In 10 games last year, Gangi threw the ball 378 times, completing 228 of the passes for 2,746 yards with 25 TDS vs 6 INTs.  If you normalize that to Rypien’s 13 games that’s 491 attempts with 296 completions for 3,569 yds with 33 touchdowns vs 14 INTs.  So if Gangi throws 700 more yards than Rypien does with double the amount of TD passes but Rypien wins 1st team all MWC by virtue of being the QB of the best team in the league, I call BS. 

On 8/15/2018 at 1:44 AM, Jeffkills said:

I'm in. I have Okie St straight up for $50

Oh after I win donate the money to your local SPCA

11 hours ago, mugtang said:

Gangi’s stats will blow Rypien’s stats out of the water.  Yes, Rypien will win more games because you guys have a much better defense but here are their stats from last year:

In 13 games last year, Rypien threw the ball 348 times, completing 218 of the passes for 2,877 yds with 16 TDs vs 6 INTs.  

In 10 games last year, Gangi threw the ball 378 times, completing 228 of the passes for 2,746 yards with 25 TDS vs 6 INTs.  If you normalize that to Rypien’s 13 games that’s 491 attempts with 296 completions for 3,569 yds with 33 touchdowns vs 14 INTs.  So if Gangi throws 700 more yards than Rypien does with double the amount of TD passes but Rypien wins 1st team all MWC by virtue of being the QB of the best team in the league, I call BS. 

Allow me to retort: Using your tried and true, completely accurate extrapolation methods above, Rypien threw for 2,035 yards with 14 TD's and 3 interceptions in the final 7 games of last year. I chose to extrapolate the numbers from his final 7 games of last year into this season and give him back the 1.75 games he missed due to injury early in the season. His stat line for a 14-game, 2018 season now turns into approximately 4,500 yards with 31 TD's to 7 interceptions. If I chose to include the 100+ snaps Cozart took during the games Rypien wasn't hurt (and I do) I extrapolate his season totals up to around 5,000 yards over 14 games with say 33 TD's and 8 INT's.

So in summary, my completely accurate and scientific extrapolation says Rypien will have better stats than your completely accurate and scientific extrapolation of Gangi...but while playing on a much, much better team.

In all honesty, Rypien's stats for last year should be thrown out by virtue of the amount of time spent in a time share with Cozart. 

I think a fairly reasonable prediction - assuming no timeshare this year - would be to take his sophomore year stats and multiply them by about 1.1.

With an extra couple of years of experience under his belt, expecting about a 10% improvement on his sophomore year doesn't seem outlandish to me.

That leaves him with this:

433 passing attempts (basically what he had as a true freshman) for 4011 yards and 26 touchdowns.