Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Convert

Operation Red Sea

Why in the world are Americans paying good money to watch a Chinese propaganda war film that was funded by the Chinese government to make their armed forces look like hero’s? You hear about the Chinese buying up Hollywood, and then you see this stuff and it’s a little concerning. I hope that the people that saw it at theaters didn’t realize what it was until watching it. 

Defenders of the film say that American war movies do the same thing. Actually, they don’t. Lots of war movies make the governments involved look bad. Even when we did have the John Wayne type propaganda American war movies, at the the US government wasn’t paying for them. 

kat.jpg

3 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

Apparently this movie was released in February. I had never heard of it (had to google it).

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/operation_red_sea/

It made 1.5 million at the box office.  Huge Chinese takeover of Hollywood!

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 minute ago, mugtang said:

A journey of a million miles begins with one step... or something like that...

But yeah, this is InfoWars level tripe. :hookah:

7 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

A journey of a million miles begins with one step... or something like that...

But yeah, this is InfoWars level tripe. :hookah:

NevadaConvert is Alex Jones?  :blink:

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

4 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Yes I am. 

I knew it 

6 hours ago, SharkTanked said:

Apparently this movie was released in February. I had never heard of it (had to google it). It did a whopping $1.5M box office, so I don't think many Americans paid good money to watch it.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/operation_red_sea/

Alright, my bad. When I was reading an article about it, it looked like they were talking about the US box office numbers which stated it made 76 million in the first week and like in the $500 million range total. I saw it on the shelves at Walmart the other day and they're pushing it on blu-ray right now. 

China HAS been buying out Hollywood studio's and production companies. So I saw those numbers and thought something crazy was going on. The last I heard, the Chinese had bought Dick Clark Productions for $1 billion as well as about 10 others. And they were making a move on Paramount Pictures, as well. The Chinese now own AMC Theaters, and have become big investors in Universal Pictures. 

However, in the last year or so, it looks like they've backed off for the moment. It looks like the Paramount financing deal with the Chinese for a $gazillion dollars has fallen through, and so has the Dick Clark Productions deal thank God. For a while there it was looking like the Chinese were seriously on the move to own a majority of Hollywood. But they still do have quite a bit invested in Hollywood that few people seem to know about, including Mug and other posters in this thread. 

http://www.latimes.com/business/hollywood/la-fi-ct-paramount-huahua-film-financing-20171107-story.html

kat.jpg

7 hours ago, mugtang said:

To quote Jim Kirk....

WE COME IN PEACE!

shoot to kill, shoot to kill

For those trekkies who have never had the pleasure, here you go.

8 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

Alright, my bad. When I was reading an article about it, it looked like they were talking about the US box office numbers which stated it made 76 million in the first week and like in the $500 million range total. I saw it on the shelves at Walmart the other day and they're pushing it on blu-ray right now. 

China HAS been buying out Hollywood studio's and production companies. So I saw those numbers and thought something crazy was going on. The last I heard, the Chinese had bought Dick Clark Productions for $1 billion as well as about 10 others. And they were making a move on Paramount Pictures, as well. The Chinese now own AMC Theaters, and have become big investors in Universal Pictures. 

However, in the last year or so, it looks like they've backed off for the moment. It looks like the Paramount financing deal with the Chinese for a $gazillion dollars has fallen through, and so has the Dick Clark Productions deal thank God. For a while there it was looking like the Chinese were seriously on the move to own a majority of Hollywood. But they still do have quite a bit invested in Hollywood that few people seem to know about, including Mug and other posters in this thread. 

http://www.latimes.com/business/hollywood/la-fi-ct-paramount-huahua-film-financing-20171107-story.html

anyone notice how much longer and uninteresting convert's ramblings have become since his sister blocked him on facebook?

9 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

So China made an action movie and it was a problem if Americans went to see it, but now that many didn't it isn't a problem?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

1 hour ago, happycamper said:

So China made an action movie and it was a problem if Americans went to see it, but now that many didn't it isn't a problem?

Are you trolling again, or are you brain dead? Because that's the dumbest question I've heard since your last question. I'll assume the latter. Do you understand this isn't just a normal film? The Chinese government sanctioned and paid for it in an attempt to manipulate the opinion of the greatness of China and it's armed forces. Do you know what government sponsored propaganda is? Do you want to pay money that ends  up in the Chinese government's pockets? 

The Chinese government declared that this film is a gift to the Chinese people to celebrate the 90th anniversary of the Chinese People's Liberation Army as well as the party's 19th Congress. Yeah, I would hope the US and western countries would ignore this garbage, and if they are, it's a good thing. If just a few are supporting it, it's not that big of a deal. 

kat.jpg

1 minute ago, Nevada Convert said:

Are you trolling again, or are you brain dead? Because that's the dumbest question I've heard since your last question. I'll assume the latter. Do you understand this isn't just a normal film? The Chinese government sanctioned and paid for it in an attempt to manipulate the opinion of the greatness of China and it's armed forces. Do you know what government sponsored propaganda is? Do you want to pay money that ends  up in the Chinese government's pockets? 

The Chinese government declared that this film is a gift to the Chinese people to celebrate the 90th anniversary of the Chinese People's Liberation Army as well as the party's 19th Congress. Yeah, I would hope the US and western countries would ignore this garbage, and if they are, it's a good thing. If just a few are supporting it, it's not that big of a deal. 

Convert, you know that to be able to film any military hardware, the Pentagon gets script editing privileges, right?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

22 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Convert, you know that to be able to film any military hardware, the Pentagon gets script editing privileges, right?

I knew you were going to say something stupid like that. If you want COOPERATION with the  US military which can save the film maker SOME money, they have to approve the script to make sure it isn't an anti-US military propaganda film. That's common sense.

But lots of American war movies have been made with no help from the US military. A cool old example is Apocalypse Now. Filmed in the Philippines, take the scene in Apocalypse Now where the helicopters come in low from the water and blow up the structures on the beach. The Philippine Government was at war with anti-gov gorillas in the hills near the filming. They would make a strike on the enemy and then fly straight over to do some quick movie scenes and go back. The choppers were using real ammo, but some of the explosions were created by the special effects film crew. 

Regardless, the big difference is that the US government isn't paying for, managing or pimping their own movies with the primary intention of fooling people with perception that's not based on reality. Is this really that hard for you to understand? 

kat.jpg

8 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

I knew you were going to say something stupid like that. If you want COOPERATION with the  US military which can save the film maker SOME money, they have to approve the script to make sure it isn't an anti-US military propaganda film. That's common sense.

But lots of American war movies have been made with no help from the US military. A cool old example is Apocalypse Now. Filmed in the Philippines, take the scene in Apocalypse Now where the helicopters come in low from the water and blow up the structures on the beach. The Philippine Government was at war with anti-gov gorillas in the hills near the filming. They would make a strike on the enemy and then fly straight over to do some quick movie scenes and go back. The choppers were using real ammo, but some of the explosions were created by the special effects film crew. 

Regardless, the big difference is that the US government isn't paying for, managing or pimping their own movies with the primary intention of fooling people with perception that's not based on reality. Is this really that hard for you to understand? 

Convert, it isn't about "saving some money". It's the ability to use any resource at all. Nobody else has aircraft carriers. Nobody else has the equipment our military does. To be able to use those, the Pentagon can change the script. Providing hundreds of millions in free aide to the filmmakers is absolutely "paying for" movies. 

https://medium.com/insurge-intelligence/exclusive-documents-expose-direct-us-military-intelligence-influence-on-1-800-movies-and-tv-shows-36433107c307

hundreds of movies are edited by them.

Seriously Convert your ability to critically think about this is even more laughably absent than usual