Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

soupslam1

Nevada Football

1 hour ago, Slapdad said:

Horton may have bit it on the final play of his final game, but he didn't ruin the program in one year....though his defection with all the coaches and some players did hurt. Tisdel was handed one of the best teams Nevada ever had and the wheels fell off. I wouldn't put Horton in the same category as Tis & Tormey.

I wouldn’t either. He would still be a HC imo if he didn’t take the career killer**. Vegas was what, only 10 years removed from cheating it’s way to 9 wins? 

(**I mean Vegas not Nevada. 😂)

So if you guys go to a bowl game, does it put your football team on another level?

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

11 hours ago, Slapdad said:

Yeah, it was Tisdel that sank the boat first....then Ault fixed it before hiring Tormey to sink it again. Ault was a great coach, but horrible at hiring a football coach. 

Other than Trent Johnson, did Ault make any good hires?

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

Because the school sucks, the town sucks and Nevada as a state sucks. Why would any recruit willingly choose to go spend 4-5 years in Reno when they have other options?

Colorado-State-RB.gif http://s3.amazonaws.com/newscloud-production/newscloudcms/2013/09/5223f4947e85e85e0b00161e/photos/cam4476904/gallery.jpg?1378094250

7 hours ago, LoFasZz said:

Because the school sucks, the town sucks and Nevada as a state sucks. Why would any recruit willingly choose to go spend 4-5 years in Reno when they have other options?

Hey look! Someone who knows nothing about Reno or Nevada spewing oral diarrhea. Nevada probably doesn't have the proper squat rack stations in their weight room, either. And don't even start about the inadequate portals at Mackay Stadium.

13 hours ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Other than Trent Johnson, did Ault make any good hires?

What was funny about that is Ault had his favorite in the process at the beginning and it wasn't Johnson. I want to say who Ault was high on at the beginning was the Kansas St head coach but then Ault turned the more he met with Johnson. 

I do remember an interview Johnson did where people were telling him not to take the Nevada job because it wasn't going to lead him anywhere.

2 hours ago, wolfpack1 said:

What was funny about that is Ault had his favorite in the process at the beginning and it wasn't Johnson. I want to say who Ault was high on at the beginning was the Kansas St head coach but then Ault turned the more he met with Johnson. 

I do remember an interview Johnson did where people were telling him not to take the Nevada job because it wasn't going to lead him anywhere.

I don't have a problem with that process. I don't think it's unlike any hiring process where you have a favorite at the beginning and it changes as the process unfolds. He made the right choice in the end. 

31 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

I don't have a problem with that process. I don't think it's unlike any hiring process where you have a favorite at the beginning and it changes as the process unfolds. He made the right choice in the end. 

Ault wasn’t left with much of a choice on that hire. 

11 minutes ago, Spot50B said:

Which AD hired Mark Fox?

That was Groth. But to be fair, Fox was part of TJ’s staff and was recommended by TJ on the way out. 

2 hours ago, Posturedoc said:

Ault wasn’t left with much of a choice on that hire. 

Not having much of a choice never stopped Ault before. 😀

19 hours ago, NevadaFan said:

Huh no? It means it’s improving? I guess?

My bad, I thought that it was a Nevada tradition to  declare itself on "another level" after moderate, short term success.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

8 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

My bad, I thought that it was a Nevada tradition to  declare itself on "another level" after moderate, short term success.

Uh......This coming from a SDSU fan? :blink:

On 8/15/2018 at 1:50 PM, Slapdad said:

I don't have a problem with that either. Was just remarking how Johnson wasn't the favorite until toward the end when they finally pulled the trigger and hired him