Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

Wyoming Cowboys - New Uniforms

Guest #1Stunner

Never would have thought I'd see the day that Wyoming would drop the Brown and Yellow, and adopt BYU's colors as their own.

171110_WHSVFB_068_71.jpg?width=1416&height=797&mode=crop

Guest #1Stunner
Just now, ViAggie said:

it's not April 1st is it? 

No.  Apparently it is a real high school.

Sometimes the Universities have to sue them in order to protect their copyrighted logo, I believe.

2 minutes ago, #1Stunner said:

Sometimes the Universities have to sue them in order to protect their copyrighted logo, I believe.

I think UW has leased the logo to a few HS teams for $1.  Have to protect the copyright.

1 hour ago, #1Stunner said:

Yep. Like Boise St and their ridiculous blue field.  They want to make they have the only type of blue for their high school field.

34 minutes ago, OrediggerPoke said:

The university of Wyoming owns a registered trademark on the logo (copyrights pertain typically to works of art). 

Which logos in the above photos does Wyoming have a registered trademark on? My impression is that they have one on Steamboat, the bucking bronco and Rider. But that's not in the photos above

The World Needs More Cowboys!

Wow, the OP had me thinking.  For a minute there I was thinking that the Pokes had gone to their throwback unis.

image.png

My bad.  Carry on.

51 minutes ago, pokebball said:

Which logos in the above photos does Wyoming have a registered trademark on? My impression is that they have one on Steamboat, the bucking bronco and Rider. But that's not in the photos above

The standard for trademark infringement is ‘likelihood to lead to confusion’ amongst consumers/persons.  The horseshoe with the Steamboat look alike in the middle would undoubtedly infringe. 

Better than those Nazi looking uniforms they have now.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

1 hour ago, OrediggerPoke said:

The standard for trademark infringement is ‘likelihood to lead to confusion’ amongst consumers/persons.  The horseshoe with the Steamboat look alike in the middle would undoubtedly infringe. 

Yeah sorry, I must have skipped right over that one. I was looking all over the football uniform for the steamboat, didn't notice it was in the last picture logo

The World Needs More Cowboys!

1 hour ago, Headbutt said:

Wow, the OP had me thinking.  For a minute there I was thinking that the Pokes had gone to their throwback unis.

image.png

My bad.  Carry on.

This is what you think throwback is? Do you live in 2038? Got stock tips?

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

1 hour ago, Headbutt said:

image.png

My bad.  Carry on.

This actually looks like something you’re more likely to run across in Fart Collins or Boulder than anywhere in Wyoming. 

Nice try though. 👍 

Union.jpg.6989c32e721d578d3952602294d1af90.jpgCampus500x283.jpg.208ead7433af78ce44bb775b8561f0c7.jpg

Snowies.jpg.8548e47a8f188d64d1a93ecde4744b11.jpgIMG_1401.JPG.cfa8ec5eeb3ac75f090d8d5e59dd0805.JPG