Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheTedfordTrain

Thank You for this one, Hawaii.

Muti originally signed a letter of intent to play for UH but then things went sideways.  This is from the June 6, 2016 Honolulu Star-Advertiser:

Muti, a defensive lineman, signed a letter of intent with the Warriors in February. A month later, he received a letter from UH indicating his application was on hold and spelling out the steps he needed to meet to fulfill the school’s admission requirements. A UH official said the letter is standard for on-the-bubble applications and not a “hard denial.”

Muti interpreted it as a denial letter, and sought a release from his national letter of intent. Without a release, he would not be eligible for a football scholarship at another school this coming academic year.

UH could have denied the release, but “in the end, him and his family weren’t in agreement about him being here,” UH head coach Nick Rolovich said. “I didn’t feel like going through an appeal process with a guy who didn’t want to be here anymore.”

UH granted the release, and Muti reached a scholarship agreement with Fresno State.

“I still have good feelings for UH,” Muti said. “Things didn’t work out.”

Some UH fans are still aggravated about what happened, thinking that Muti wouldn't have misinterpreted the meaning of the letter from the UH admissions office if anyone on the UH football staff was paying close attention and had reached out to Muti and his family to explain it to them.  If Muti had been reassured that he could be admitted to school if he took certain steps and was guided through those steps, he could be a beast for UH today.

14 minutes ago, bsu_alum9 said:

I know, right?

image.png

Different situation--we prioritized Horton's teammate, AJ Greeley, over him and offered late in the game. Greeley committed but wound up not qualifying.

But at the time, it wasn't unusual for Edison and DB Guru-affiliated athletes to want out of Fresno. 

10 minutes ago, JADogs05 said:

Different situation--we prioritized Horton's teammate, AJ Greeley, over him and offered late in the game. Greeley committed but wound up not qualifying.

But at the time, it wasn't unusual for Edison and DB Guru-affiliated athletes to want out of Fresno. 

there's a 100% believable story making the rounds lately about how germano attended an edison game right before we offered him and had no clue who he was, asked the CN coaches who the kid making all the plays was.

BSU i would imagine is less prone to these kinds of stories given the relative paucity of talent in Idaho as opposed to larger states and their general recruiting cachet as of late anyhow, but i'm sure most of the MWC can recall local players they didn't offer or didn't pursue very hard that went on to do great things at a peer school. 

15 hours ago, retrofade said:

He's an absolute beast. He's going to be playing on Sundays once he finishes his college career. 

Interesting. Now tell me more about Josh Allen. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

Just now, madmartigan said:

Interesting. Now tell me more about Josh Allen. 

DeRuyter is an idiot that didn't want to recruit Allen. That being said, Allen would have been destroyed by Schramm and DeRuyter, so Wyoming was a better landing spot for him. 

1 hour ago, retrofade said:

DeRuyter is an idiot that didn't want to recruit Allen. That being said, Allen would have been destroyed by Schramm and DeRuyter, so Wyoming was a better landing spot for him. 

Exactly. Oddly enough, I’m glad Allen ended up at Wyoming. He’s a good kid. DeRuyter and his staff were a bunch of ding dongs. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

1 hour ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Exactly. Oddly enough, I’m glad Allen ended up at Wyoming. He’s a good kid. DeRuyter and his staff were a bunch of ding dongs. 

Can you imagine if you'd have had a good head coach with that 2013 squad? Adams, Burse (SP), and Carr, that was a dangerous team even with Ding dong at the helm. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

7 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

Can you imagine if you'd have had a good head coach with that 2013 squad? Adams, Burse (SP), and Carr, that was a dangerous team even with Ding dong at the helm. 

Yup, and Josh Harper, who when healthy was our #2 WR. Jensen at TE was also a good receiving threat. 

With better coaching that team would have been ridiculous. 

2 hours ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

there's a 100% believable story making the rounds lately about how germano attended an edison game right before we offered him and had no clue who he was, asked the CN coaches who the kid making all the plays was.

BSU i would imagine is less prone to these kinds of stories given the relative paucity of talent in Idaho as opposed to larger states and their general recruiting cachet as of late anyhow, but i'm sure most of the MWC can recall local players they didn't offer or didn't pursue very hard that went on to do great things at a peer school. 

Dear god.