Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheBigAwesome

'Chain-Migration' from 'shithole' countries is ruining 'Merica duh Beautiful!!!

4 minutes ago, happycamper said:

It's a curve, though, isn't it? If you don't have any workers of a certain type, the wage is effectively zero. If workers are so expensive that you just go all automation, the wage is effectively zero. If a job is sociologically undesirable so only outsiders will do it, the wage would have been zero anyway.

He called for it to end.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-pol-essential-washington-updates-hold-trump-on-chain-migration-1517356312-htmlstory.html

https://abcnews.go.com/US/times-trump-slammed-chain-migration-apparently-helped-wifes/story?id=57132429

Third sentence in your first link...you understand that limiting sponsorships to spouses and minor children isn't eliminating it, right?

Trump said his plan would “focus on the immediate family by limiting sponsorships to spouses and minor children.”

The World Needs More Cowboys!

4 minutes ago, pokebball said:

Third sentence in your first link...you understand that limiting sponsorships to spouses and minor children isn't eliminating it, right?

Trump said his plan would “focus on the immediate family by limiting sponsorships to spouses and minor children.”

So Melania's folks would be SOL.

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

5 minutes ago, pokebball said:

Not really much of a "chain" now is it?

Just now, Old_SD_Dude said:

5 minutes ago, pokebball said:

Yeah. That is eliminating chain migration. Also, all of his quotes.

Because you're incapable of reading an article:

1. On Twitter, Sept. 15, 2017

"CHAIN MIGRATION cannot be allowed to be part of any legislation on Immigration!" he wrote.

2. During an interview with Sean Hannity on Fox News, Oct. 11, 2017

"Chain migration is one of the disasters. You allow one person and in that one person brings in 10 or 12 people," Trump said to Hannity.

3. During a Cabinet meeting, and then on Twitter, Nov. 1, 2017

Trump talked at the Nov. 1 Cabinet meeting about the truck attack in New York by Saipov. "We do not want chain migration where somebody like him ultimately will be allowed to bring in many, many members of his family."

4. During the State of the Union, Jan. 30, 2018:

"The fourth and final pillar protects the nuclear family by ending chain migration. Under the current broken system, a single immigrant can bring in virtually unlimited numbers of distant relatives. Under our plan, we focus on the immediate family by limiting sponsorships to spouses and minor children.

5. During a weekly address, Feb. 10, 2018:

"My administration has identified three major priorities for creating a safe, modern, and lawful immigration system: fully securing the border, ending chain migration, and canceling the visa lottery. Chain migration is a disaster, and very unfair to our country. 

6. During a tax reform roundtable in West Virginia, April 5, 2018

"And chain migration -- think of that. So you come in, and now you can bring your family, and then you can bring your mother and your father. You can bring your grandmother. You can bring your this; you can bring -- we had somebody on the West Side Highway, which I know very well -- in Manhattan -- he ran over -- I think he killed about eight people," he said.

7. During an interview with Rush Limbaugh, Aug. 1, 2018

"We have the worst laws! How about chain migration? One person comes in and you end up with 32 people. The person that ran down 18 people on the West Side Highway, he's allowed to have -- and I think eight died. He has 22 members of his family in the United States because of chain migration. So we have to change this stuff, Rush," he said.

8. During a campaign rally in Ohio, Aug. 4, 2018

"How about chain migration? How about that? Somebody comes in, he brings his mother, and his father, and his aunt and uncle, 15 times removed. He brings them all," Trump said.

Yeah, Trump isn't against chain migration, other than all those times when he specifically said it should end, including in this year's state of the union address. Give me a flipping break dude. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

28 minutes ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

I'm not arguing for this change or that change, personally.  But yes, the way I understand what Trump is suggesting, they wouldn't be eligible for this method of obtaining citizenship.  They wouldn't be SOL because there would be other avenues.

My point, they inserted me into this thread, stupid me, was me simply saying Trump wasn't for eliminating it.

28 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Yeah. That is eliminating chain migration. Also, all of his quotes.

Because you're incapable of reading an article:

1. On Twitter, Sept. 15, 2017

"CHAIN MIGRATION cannot be allowed to be part of any legislation on Immigration!" he wrote.

2. During an interview with Sean Hannity on Fox News, Oct. 11, 2017

"Chain migration is one of the disasters. You allow one person and in that one person brings in 10 or 12 people," Trump said to Hannity.

3. During a Cabinet meeting, and then on Twitter, Nov. 1, 2017

Trump talked at the Nov. 1 Cabinet meeting about the truck attack in New York by Saipov. "We do not want chain migration where somebody like him ultimately will be allowed to bring in many, many members of his family."

4. During the State of the Union, Jan. 30, 2018:

"The fourth and final pillar protects the nuclear family by ending chain migration. Under the current broken system, a single immigrant can bring in virtually unlimited numbers of distant relatives. Under our plan, we focus on the immediate family by limiting sponsorships to spouses and minor children.

5. During a weekly address, Feb. 10, 2018:

"My administration has identified three major priorities for creating a safe, modern, and lawful immigration system: fully securing the border, ending chain migration, and canceling the visa lottery. Chain migration is a disaster, and very unfair to our country. 

6. During a tax reform roundtable in West Virginia, April 5, 2018

"And chain migration -- think of that. So you come in, and now you can bring your family, and then you can bring your mother and your father. You can bring your grandmother. You can bring your this; you can bring -- we had somebody on the West Side Highway, which I know very well -- in Manhattan -- he ran over -- I think he killed about eight people," he said.

7. During an interview with Rush Limbaugh, Aug. 1, 2018

"We have the worst laws! How about chain migration? One person comes in and you end up with 32 people. The person that ran down 18 people on the West Side Highway, he's allowed to have -- and I think eight died. He has 22 members of his family in the United States because of chain migration. So we have to change this stuff, Rush," he said.

8. During a campaign rally in Ohio, Aug. 4, 2018

"How about chain migration? How about that? Somebody comes in, he brings his mother, and his father, and his aunt and uncle, 15 times removed. He brings them all," Trump said.

Yeah, Trump isn't against chain migration, other than all those times when he specifically said it should end, including in this year's state of the union address. Give me a flipping break dude. 

None of the context is there with these quips.  He's for spouse and immediate family.  He's clarified this numerous times.  

1 minute ago, pokebball said:

None of the context is there with these quips.  He's for spouse and immediate family.  He's clarified this numerous times.  

Ok... but that's not what chain migration is. Call that nuclear migration.

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

1 hour ago, pokebball said:

I'm not arguing for this change or that change, personally.  But yes, the way I understand what Trump is suggesting, they wouldn't be eligible for this method of obtaining citizenship.  They wouldn't be SOL because there would be other avenues.

My point, they inserted me into this thread, stupid me, was me simply saying Trump wasn't for eliminating it.

What other avenue would there be for elderly Slovenians?

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

1 minute ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Maybe call it knot migration...

Even better!

9 hours ago, nomascows said:

Get off your high horse.  If Democrats really cared about the working poor, they wouldn't flood the country with low-wage workers who depress wages for those at the bottom.  There are not a lot of accountants and doctors sneaking across the border or overstaying visas.  The only reason that Democrats "care" about immigrants is that 70% or so of Latinos vote Democrat.  You just want to change the balance of power especially if you can flood red states like Texas with more undocumented Democrats.

Your the definition of what’s wrong with the Republican Party,   I care about the issue because we shouldn’t treat people like shit because they come from a different culture.  Younger kids need to have their parents and older parents need to be close to their kids.   The fact you put voting balances above how you treat people says all that is needed to say about the shit hole that has become the Republican Party.