Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

easybronc

Got a San Jose State shirt, ready for the season

Boise is my team but I started accumulating gear from other MWC schools to go with my Bronco gear.  I've got shirts from Fresno, Hawaii, Air Force and now San Hoser .  I get this stuff on Ebay because I'm cheap but I like to think that I support this conference.  I may need one more.

Adult Large Size SAN JOSE STATE UNIVERSITY T-SHIRT EST. 1857 - Old Varsity Brand

It's my understanding that one of those will get you into Davos or Bohemian Grove or even that most exclusive collection of assholes, The University of Chicago Economics Department. 

SteelCityBlue

November 24th, 2018 at 9:10 PM ^

I'm looking forward to a new head coach who isn't a cud-chewing autistic retard.

Weird. 1857 is exactly their average football attendance. Coincidence? I think not.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

2 hours ago, easybronc said:

Boise is my team but I started accumulating gear from other MWC schools to go with my Bronco gear.  I've got shirts from Fresno, Hawaii, Air Force and now San Hoser .  I get this stuff on Ebay because I'm cheap but I like to think that I support this conference.  I may need one more.

Adult Large Size SAN JOSE STATE UNIVERSITY T-SHIRT EST. 1857 - Old Varsity Brand

I thought maybe you ran out of toilet paper...

1 hour ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

That’s vintage gear. You can tell because there’s no accent mark over the e in Jose.

Just like there isn't such an accent mark on 95% of the things upon which San Jose is written.

I'm not saying it's gramatically incorrect to include the accent mark, just that - consistent with its non-use almost everywhere else - nobody is going to mispronounce the word as "hose" without it. So including the accent mark smacks of the political correctness which has unfortunately run amok in higher education.

Boom goes the dynamite.

I wish there was an updated version of this MWC shirt. I can't find one online.

See the source image 

38 minutes ago, crixus said:

I wish there was an updated version of this MWC shirt. I couldn't find one online.

See the source image 

Heard they were in the process of making it, but were unable to complete it without a shit stain always on the shirt. They plan on remaking it once SJSU is kicked out so that they can finally complete the shirt without the shit stain. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

20 minutes ago, ShoichiKUN808 said:

It’s actually an ʻokina. 

It’s supposed to look like a upside down apostrophe. There’s a glottal stop. Where rather than “havaeee” it’s said as “Havaa-eee”

I just call it that conquered island where we go drink and get served by the natives. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg