Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rofl_copter_dos

UW DT transfer Ricky McCoy eligible for Fresno

1 hour ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

hardly an instant all-conference guy, was a reserve and then some at UW...but we get a little more depth on the interior DL, so welcome news.

It certainly helps in the biggest question mark area coming into the season. 

8 minutes ago, RamSack said:

CSU also got Nebraska QB Patrick O’Brien and applied for immediate eligibility.  I wonder if he’ll be eligible this year too? 

dunno...i'm frankly surprised mccoy got his waiver, i can't remember the last time that happened for us.

11 minutes ago, RamSack said:

CSU also got Nebraska QB Patrick O’Brien and applied for immediate eligibility.  I wonder if he’ll be eligible this year too? 

He came back because of some issues with his family--maybe that is why he got the waiver. 

54 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

It certainly helps in the biggest question mark area coming into the season. 

DL isn't that big of a question. The four guys expected to start played a ton last year. They either split snaps 50/50 and some of them even started the second half of the season. Same will be this year, as most D lines do now, they’ll rotate constantly throughout the game. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

McCoy is a Fresno native, played at Roosevelt HS. Saying he wants to return to play in his hometown due to family issues may have helped speed the waiver.

O'Brien is originally from Southern California. It will be interesting to watch how long his waiver takes (even though CSU originally offered him a scholly years ago).

16 hours ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

DL isn't that big of a question. The four guys expected to start played a ton last year. They either split snaps 50/50 and some of them even started the second half of the season. Same will be this year, as most D lines do now, they’ll rotate constantly throughout the game. 

16 sacks and 31 TFL graduated from the line... yeah, sure, that won't be missed. 

I've heard that "50/50" split before. If they did get that many snaps, then it's a bigger question mark than I suggested. The projected starters who got half of the snaps last year had 5 sacks and 11 TFL. That's 1/3 of the production on the same amount of snaps. Yep, not a concern. :blink:

12 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

16 sacks and 31 TFL graduated from the line... yeah, sure, that won't be missed. 

I've heard that "50/50" split before. If they did get that many snaps, then it's a bigger question mark than I suggested. The projected starters who got half of the snaps last year had 5 sacks and 11 TFL. That's 1/3 of the production on the same amount of snaps. Yep, not a concern. :blink:

it's not entirely a 50/50 split like he says, but we're at the point where i'm not /particularly worried anymore due to camp reports and the addition of McCoy.

Atkins jacked the starting spot straight up from Madsen with about 3 games to go in the season and had an excellent game in the mwc championship game.  Ndoh and Haynes were reserves that got non-garbage time reps and both are, for whatever it's worth, reportedly having monster offseasons, and ndoh in particularly is whipping the OL. Iakopo (#3 DT) didn't expect to clear the clearinghouse and ended up qualifying midseason unexpectedly and reporting in pretty out of shape...still got a few reps though. The second DE spot leans to Kwami Jones right now, who is a complete unknown - he logged a few snaps but i don't particularly remember him doing too much with them.

anyhow if you'd told me literally anyone on that DL would be good at this point last year i'd have laughed prett hard at you.

57 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

There’s that insecurity again. Are you scared or something?  Lol

Kingdouche already getting worried. 

41 minutes ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

The second DE spot leans to Kwami Jones right now, who is a complete unknown - he logged a few snaps but i don't particularly remember him doing too much with them.

Jones' bio on the team website says:

" Played in 13 games … recorded 10 tackles (six solo), 2.0 tackles for loss and 1.0 sacks in 2017 … posted season highs for tackles in games at No.1 Alabama and No. 6 Washington, respectively, with three in each … recorded tackles for losses at No. 6 Washington (0.5) on Sept. 16, New Mexico (1.0) on Oct. 14 and Boise State (0.5) on Nov. 25 … registered first career sack on Oct. 14 versus New Mexico … recorded a pass breakup in the Bulldogs’ Oct. 14 contest versus UNM."

http://gobulldogs.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=5267

34 minutes ago, Cincy said:

There’s that insecurity again. Are you scared or something?  Lol

Kingdouche already getting worried. 

Yeah, who am I to have the audacity to insult Fresnohomer with the mighty statement of calling a position group a "question mark"? Sorry, it's been a while, I forgot how Fresnofan gets when they have modest success. You're right, there are no question marks on the entire team. They are absolutely stacked at every position. 

Wow dude must be a super dum dum to have a hard time qualifying at Fresno St. Most Hawaii recruits who can’t qualify at Hawaii end up at Fresno St.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

3 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Point taken. It’s not as big of a worry as you make it out to be or a lack of a concern as I made it out to be. Truth is somewhere in the middle. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg