Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

Broncos and Ducks schedule a 2 for 1 (football)

7 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Did you read that? Since when was BYU's stadium under 40k? 30 years ago? 

There were fewer than 40,000 people in attendance. Besides, who cares?  There's no guarantee on the gate in home 'n homes. 

"If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to hear it, are you still a moron?"

"Give me a Sandwich and a Douchebag and there's nothing I can't do!"

45 minutes ago, kalua pig said:

boise let oregon get two home sellouts.bodybag games can't be allowed to go under 1million.the exchange is wrong.they bent boise over.

I, for one, don’t give a shit how much BSU made RE the scheduling agreement.  I doubt any fans really give a shit.  Any fee BSU obtains doesn’t to a damn thing for me...  However, I, and most of my fellow BSU brethren, sure love watching cooked duck..

if you think BSU fans are concerned, imagine how butthurt Oregon fans are - they’re paying some amount of money for the chance of reliving their worst fears of humiliation...

$100 says if we somehow sweep them, then there’s not a chance in hell they’ll ever schedule BSU again...  

God damn, I’m excited!  

Now, if only Utah would get back in our “come get your ass kicked here line.”  Utah, knows better tha to keep humiliating itself, I suppose..

New-Signature.jpg

49 minutes ago, thespywhozaggedme said:

None whatsoever. I just can't fathom that they would come to Boise, they have zero to gain. I hope to God that I'm dead wrong, but sadly I don't think we see FSU, MSU or Okie Lite on the blue. 

Maybe they’ll make the return trip to prove they’ve got the balls to play us at home?

Not ALL teams a major pussies these days, are they?

New-Signature.jpg

3 minutes ago, Jeffkills said:

I, for one, don’t give a shit how much BSU made RE the scheduling agreement.  I doubt any fans really give a shit.  Any fee BSU obtains doesn’t to a damn thing for me...  However, I, and most of my fellow BSU brethren, sure love watching cooked duck..

if you think BSU fans are concerned, imagine how butthurt Oregon fans are - they’re paying some amount of money for the chance of reliving their worst fears of humiliation...

$100 says if we somehow sweep,them, there’s not a chance in hell they’ll ever schedule BSU again...  

God damn, I’m excited!  

Now, if only Utah would get back in our “come get your ass kicked here line.”  Utah, knows better tha to keep humiliating itself, I suppose..

That 800K to buy a home game against a perennial Top 25 team that they've never beaten matters a lot because we have to use that scratch to get an FCS school to come to Boise.  I bet that game will cost more than 800K when we ink that deal years from now.  Oregon low balled us for a game that we shouldn't have been negotiating in the first place.  Apsey is taking us backwards.

8 minutes ago, easybronc said:

That 800K to buy a home game against a perennial Top 25 team that they've never beaten matters a lot because we have to use that scratch to get an FCS school to come to Boise.  I bet that game will cost more than 800K when we ink that deal years from now.  Oregon low balled us for a game that we shouldn't have been negotiating in the first place.  Apsey is taking us backwards.

Just enjoy the wins....

New-Signature.jpg

1 minute ago, Jeffkills said:

Just enjoy the wins....

I honestly don't think a win in Autzen stadium, let alone two, can be taken as a given. We've played there once and Kellen Moore was quarterbacking for us. I'd feel so much more comfortable about this series if it was a 1-1-1 with the third game a true neutral site even if it was a a lower payout.

3 hours ago, nocoolnamejim said:

I honestly don't think a win in Autzen stadium, let alone two, can be taken as a given. We've played there once and Kellen Moore was quarterbacking for us. I'd feel so much more comfortable about this series if it was a 1-1-1 with the third game a true neutral site even if it was a a lower payout.

I score BSU as the favorite in every game for all basic reasons, then, I’m gonna ride the history train to a prediction of 3-0...  Unfortunately, this whole, our AD apparently getting fleeced on routine scheduling negotiations is quite disturbing.

Imagine if we drop a game to UO, then we go back a review the unequal financial receipts between the schools, BSU fans such as myself suddenly become hyper-critical of the fact we have to settle for a incompetent AD, as opposed to improving off our last hire.

I’d ask the University’s board why we’re not using better people each time a vacancy opens?  Frankly' there is no acceptable answer.  We must replace key admin positions wit better people, not dumb +++++ing cheese farmers who make Hair look like an international tycoon..

We better not lose at home, that’s for damn sure.....

New-Signature.jpg

7 hours ago, thespywhozaggedme said:

When is the last time that they traveled to a G5 school located across the country from them in a stadium that held less than 40k? Again, I hope that I'm dead wrong, but I just don't see them coming to Boise. 

I'm not sure.  They came out here to Provo in 2009. 

I hope they will come out.  Boise fans deserve it.  It would be a lot of fun for them.  They're always a good get, because they always have a 1aa game and they always have a game against Florida every year, so the non conference games are really limited.

I respect them because they would at least play some people back before that was in style.  They always scheduled a big game every year in addition to the Florida game.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

15 hours ago, Jeffkills said:

$100 says if we somehow sweep them, then there’s not a chance in hell they’ll ever schedule BSU again...  

God damn, I’m excited!  

Bellotti and Chip Kelly said that after the 2009 game.

I didn’t read all the garbage but I don’t like the deal. We’ve whipped them all over the field, we don’t need em. They don’t need us either. If we get a 1-1 from Florida St, and I don’t care if the landscape was different then, Oregon isn’t getting a 2-1. The game is not important enough for this. 

2:1 for is slightly misleading...

It is a 2 for 1 +500k. That is far easier to swallow. They are basically "buying" a home game vs Oregon for 200-300k or so (ie if they just played a 1:0 at Oregon they might get 700-800kish for the game).

So yeah buying a home game vs Oregon for 200-300k seems like an ok deal to me. Especially since the actual cost will be less than 200-300k since the alternative, say a 1:1 with Troy, would produce less ticket revenue for Boise.