Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

Broncos and Ducks schedule a 2 for 1 (football)

1 hour ago, kingpotato said:

It has nothing to do with blowhard message board fans. It's comparing him to other peer ADs and former ADs. 

Apsey seemed like a Kustra "yes man" hire and he's underwhelmed even that low expectation. There have been no great scheduling announcements, the capital improvements that seemed to be in hyperspace has been completely stagnant since he took over, the baseball stadium (which had been said will be funded on the cheap) still hasn't raised the money to build. 

I guess the question is, what has he done that would make you think he's a good AD? I mean, I can't think of anything that would garner a compliment greater than "serviceable". 

This.  I thought Apsey was a lazy hire.  I don't recall much of a search for Coyle's replacement.  I hope that the new president will evaluate Apsey's job performance and bring in someone that will move us forward not backward.   

27 minutes ago, easybronc said:

This.  I thought Apsey was a lazy hire.  I don't recall much of a search for Coyle's replacement.  I hope that the new president will evaluate Apsey's job performance and bring in someone that will move us forward not backward.   

I can't even come up with a strength he has. He's not good with alumni, he's not a great fundraiser, marketing has been meh, football attendance and season tickets have gone down every year since he took over, basketball too until this last year, I haven't seen any vision of where we are going, budget has largely plateaued after what was a steep trajectory. 

This is something that I've only seen said by you. Unless I missed it, I haven't seen that claim made by anyone. I think everyone here would concede that some schools it's unrealistic to expect a hvh... it's just that most of us don't think Oregon has the clout to fit that billing. The fact that multiple MW have gotten hvh's with them would suggest as much. 

The king of strawman arguments.

He's made the same post about 15 times in this thread, just slightly rephrased each time. Anyone who has any criticism of this scheduling agreement obviously thinks that 1-1s vs. P5 opponents grow on trees, they think they should be the AD and are claiming they could secure home-and-homes with Alabama, Texas, USC and Notre Dame with no problem.

Which literally nobody is saying.

1 hour ago, Fe34Iife said:

I think most BSU fans understand that there are elite programs around the country where 1-1 is just not an option, and if you want to schedule those schools you have to take a one and done, or 2-1. 

The reason BSU fan's are upset is because in there opinion (mine included) Oregon is not one of those elite schools that should demand a 2-1 from BSU, and i think the fact that BSU is 3-0 versus The Ducks, yet Oregon is still being elitist, smug, aholes and demanding an uneven deal irks BSU fans even more.

If it was a different P5, say UCLA or Texas, i wouldn't mind a 2-1, but Oregon!? Hell No! We own those Biatches!

It was a bad deal for BSU and Aspey should have said no. 

Fine, I can see that take. But for me, if the choice came down between a 2 for 1 with Oregon verses a 1 for 1 with South Alabama to fill a schedule vacancy, I am choosing Oregon. I think this perception thing is way overblown.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

14 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

I can't even come up with a strength he has. He's not good with alumni, he's not a great fundraiser, marketing has been meh, football attendance and season tickets have gone down every year since he took over, basketball too until this last year, I haven't seen any vision of where we are going, budget has largely plateaued after what was a steep trajectory. 

6 minutes ago, nocoolnamejim said:

The king of strawman arguments.

He's made the same post about 15 times in this thread, just slightly rephrased each time. Anyone who has any criticism of this scheduling agreement obviously thinks that 1-1s vs. P5 opponents grow on trees, they think they should be the AD and are claiming they could secure home-and-homes with Alabama, Texas, USC and Notre Dame with no problem.

Which literally nobody is saying.

It’s exactly what you two knuckleheads have been saying. But I’m sure if Aspey moves on or is canned, the new prez will have a tough time choosing between you two to replace him.

1 minute ago, BSUTOP25 said:

It’s exactly what you two knuckleheads have been saying. But I’m sure if Aspey moves on or is canned, the new prez will have a tough time choosing between you two to replace him.

Make it 16 times.

1 minute ago, nocoolnamejim said:

Make it 16 times.

You going to get those FIRE ASPEY shirts printed for the UCONN game?

Your AD is a pussy too, then. :P

I blame all USU's problems on Scott Barnes. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

7 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Fine, I can see that take. But for me, if the choice came down between a 2 for 1 with Oregon verses a 1 for 1 with South Alabama to fill a schedule vacancy, I am choosing Oregon. I think this perception thing is way overblown.

Honestly if this was our first time ever playing Oregon i would be fine with a 2-1, but like i've said multiple times given the history between the two schools a 2-1 is a slap in the face to BSU. 

5 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

You going to get those FIRE ASPEY shirts printed for the UCONN game?

Now seventeen times. 

Straw. Man. Point to any one time that I've done any of the following things.

1. Called for Aspey to be fired.

2. Suggested that Boise State could get a 1-1 with anyone in the country easily

3. Suggested that I would make a better AD than Aspey.

4. Suggested that I'd find ANY 2-1 unacceptable.

Quite the opposite. I've never called for Aspey to be fired. I've said that BSU has secured 1-1s with plenty of P5 teams recently, including Oregon, and asked why we couldn't do it this time and/or why the payment for the third game was so low. And I've stated openly there are some teams that it's worth doing a 2-1 for. 

Thank you for proving in back-to-back posts that you only have one post in this thread...it's just been repeated over and over again.

Just now, Fe34Iife said:

Honestly if this was our first time ever playing Oregon i would be fine with a 2-1, but like i've said multiple times given the history between the two schools a 2-1 is a slap in the face to BSU. 

I respect your take but we can agree to disagree. At the end of the day, I see this as a one off deal that is good for the fans. If this creates a precedent that no P5 ever schedules Boise State for a 1 and 1 again, I’ll eat crow.

2 minutes ago, nocoolnamejim said:

Now seventeen times. 

Straw. Man. Point to any one time that I've done any of the following things.

1. Called for Aspey to be fired.

2. Suggested that Boise State could get a 1-1 with anyone in the country easily

3. Suggested that I would make a better AD than Aspey.

4. Suggested that I'd find ANY 2-1 unacceptable.

Quite the opposite. I've never called for Aspey to be fired. I've said that BSU has secured 1-1s with plenty of P5 teams recently, including Oregon, and asked why we couldn't do it this time and/or why the payment for the third game was so low. And I've stated openly there are some teams that it's worth doing a 2-1 for. 

Thank you for proving in back-to-back posts that you only have one post in this thread...it's just been repeated over and over again.

It’s exactly what you’ve been implying Mr. AD. Maybe you and @kingpotato can be co-ADs and get the Seahawks and Patriots to come to Boise. Do it rockstar!

1 minute ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I respect your take but we can agree to disagree. At the end of the day, I see this as a one off deal that is good for the fans. If this creates a precedent that no P5 ever schedules Boise State for a 1 and 1 again, I’ll eat crow.

If we can beat the crap out of Oregon like we have the past 3 times we played them i don't think anyone will care about the 2-1... winning cures all!

Just now, BSUTOP25 said:

It’s exactly what you’ve been implying Mr. AD. Maybe you and @kingpotato can be co-ADs and get the Seahawks and Patriots to come to Boise. Do it rockstar!

Eighteen times and counting. Same straw man post.

Should be easy to provide examples and yet you seem unable to. Run along now kiddo. I've had enough fun pointing out your insanely consistent and predictable "debating" style for one day. 

4 minutes ago, nocoolnamejim said:

Eighteen times and counting. Same straw man post.

Should be easy to provide examples and yet you seem unable to. Run along now kiddo. I've had enough fun pointing out your insanely consistent and predictable "debating" style for one day. 

Okay Mr. AD. Have a nice night planning those kickass future 1 for 1s. 

28 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I’m taking a 2 for 1 wit Oregon every day if the week, based purely upon the fact I thought they’d never play us again..

On the off chance we sweep all three games, there might not be anything funnier in the history of sports - that alone makes it a dream come true in my eyes...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-014uaohC5uV0tdAJI2u

New-Signature.jpg

44 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Why is everything an absolute with you in this thread? There are a hundred teams between Alabama and South Alabama (obviously not geographically). 

Also, Boise has done a great job of avoiding FCS teams recently. This deal will guarantee an FCS school to balance out the schedule. So if you hate having Troy on the schedule, how are you going to feel about Tennessee-Martin? 

32 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Yes, yes the AD should be immune from any criticism. Is he, like, your dad or something? Why are you getting so butt-hurt about people voicing their opinions?