Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

Broncos and Ducks schedule a 2 for 1 (football)

31 minutes ago, LaradiseCowboy said:

Loving the fan reactions on their twitter page....

66A05702-0BD5-4B77-869F-0AEC684A72C0.thumb.jpeg.e3ae4c7be468ddf5a2378c7cee15dd05.jpeg1922BDEA-950D-4F21-B715-54A4093D4E7F.thumb.jpeg.6c6936cda15f3c923b710005683e4d2f.jpeg6E5AE9BA-DF27-4778-99C0-A9BE5CBB8201.thumb.jpeg.53a699c4110cbd388556b96ecfb6a85d.jpeg

Typical comments you would expect from the Oregon fan base.

You'd think they would be happy about getting a chance to get a win versus a team they're 0-3 agianst... bunch of pussies over there in Eugene.

Also, i bet their reactions would be different if their soft ass team actually had a win against Boise.

I'm not a fan of this. Boise State should be past the point of needing to do 2-1 matchups. 

Don't get me wrong, it's a quality opponent and they should be fun games, but if we can get programs like Florida State, Oregon State, Michigan State and Oklahoma State to do 1-1 then the Ducks should be even easier given the better geography. (With the exception of Oregon State)

Agreeing to this with Oregon (on the heels of Oregon getting a 2-1 in basketball as well) makes it more likely that programs like Florida State, Michigan State, etc. will insist on 2-1 agreements in the future as well.

I wonder what the buyout is for that 2026 game at Autzen stadium is.

I also forgot Washington State. We've secured not one but TWO 1-1 series' with them.

So why, given all these 1-1 series, is Oregon getting 2-1s right and left?

30 minutes ago, tailingpermit said:

Owning a team and they still get a 2 for 1, that's pretty fcked to me.

You're right ... Boise State should schedule more of those 1 for 1s with South Central Louisiana State. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

Guest #1Stunner
33 minutes ago, nocoolnamejim said:

I'm not a fan of this. Boise State should be past the point of needing to do 2-1 matchups. 

Don't get me wrong, it's a quality opponent and they should be fun games, but if we can get programs like Florida State, Oregon State, Michigan State and Oklahoma State to do 1-1 then the Ducks should be even easier given the better geography. (With the exception of Oregon State)

Agreeing to this with Oregon (on the heels of Oregon getting a 2-1 in basketball as well) makes it more likely that programs like Florida State, Michigan State, etc. will insist on 2-1 agreements in the future as well.

If Boise had gotten a 2-for-1 with a home-home-neutral, I think it would have been a more acceptable deal.   Even if the "neutral" was at something like the Seattle Seahawks stadium.

Guest #1Stunner
59 minutes ago, LaradiseCowboy said:

Not a bad get though! 💰 When we had the home-home series, each team paid the other $350,000.

31 minutes ago, nocoolnamejim said:

I wonder what the buyout is for that 2026 game at Autzen stadium is.

I also forgot Washington State. We've secured not one but TWO 1-1 series' with them.

So why, given all these 1-1 series, is Oregon getting 2-1s right and left?

From the above tweet, it looks like the buyout for the 3rd game is $800,000.

7 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

You're right ... Boise State should schedule more of those 1 for 1s with South Central Louisiana State. 

Florida State

Michigan State

Oklahoma State

Oregon State

Washington State

Washington State again

All P5 opponents and all 1 for 1s. Oregon is a pretty big outlier to our scheduling philosophy in recent years of insisting on 1 for 1s.

Other quality opponents on 1 for 1s...

BYU - For every game BSU plays there, we get one here.

Marshall - Almost went undefeated and challenged for the G5 bid for the 2014 season.

Troy - Double digit wins each of the last two years

Houston - One of the top teams reasonably consistently in the AAC

Cincinnati - Usually a pretty good AAC team although they've been bad the last couple

To imply that BSU needs to schedule bad opponents to get 1 for 1 deals is a total strawman.

4 minutes ago, nocoolnamejim said:

Florida State

Michigan State

Oklahoma State

Oregon State

Washington State

Washington State again

All P5 opponents and all 1 for 1s. Oregon is a pretty big outlier to our scheduling philosophy in recent years of insisting on 1 for 1s.

Other quality opponents on 1 for 1s...

BYU - For every game BSU plays there, we get one here.

Marshall - Almost went undefeated and challenged for the G5 bid for the 2014 season.

Troy - Double digit wins each of the last two years

Houston - One of the top teams reasonably consistently in the AAC

Cincinnati - Usually a pretty good AAC team although they've been bad the last couple

To imply that BSU needs to schedule bad opponents to get 1 for 1 deals is a total strawman.

Those P5 games are not easy gets. It's traditionally been very difficult for Boise State to ink those schools in for 1 for 1s. To imply that Boise State can do it more often or at their leisure is LOL worthy. But if you could do better, go ahead and throw your hat into the ring the next time there's a vacancy for the AD position. 

As for me, I'm looking at it as a win win. A good regional series with a nice payday for game three. 

3 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Those P5 games are not easy gets. It's traditionally been very difficult for Boise State to ink those schools in for 1 for 1s. To imply that Boise State can do it more often or at their leisure is LOL worthy. But if you could do better, go ahead and throw your hat into the ring the next time there's a vacancy for the AD position. 

As for me, I'm looking at it as a win win. A good regional series with a nice payday for game three. 

Nope. Not a nice payday. Do you think BSU doesn't make more with a home game than $800K especially once travel costs and the like are factored in?

If it isn't easy to get those 1 for 1s, then why have all our other series in recent years been 1 for 1s? It didn't used to be easy, I'll grant you, to get them. But that was back before the college playoff was added where the committee considers SOS highly in their rankings.

Give me one reason why we can get 1 for 1s with all of those teams I mentioned but Oregon is the only one we can't.

Furthermore, we used to reject 2-1s as a matter of principle. We haven't done a 2-1 in football with an opponent in how long? I can't remember the last one.

Just now, nocoolnamejim said:

Nope. Not a nice payday. Do you think BSU doesn't make more with a home game than $800K especially once travel costs and the like are factored in?

If it isn't easy to get those 1 for 1s, then why have all our other series in recent years been 1 for 1s? It didn't used to be easy, I'll grant you, to get them. But that was back before the college playoff was added where the committee considers SOS highly in their rankings.

Give me one reason why we can get 1 for 1s with all of those teams we mentioned but Oregon is the only one we can't.

For a close travel regional road game, that's not bad. 

Anyway, since you have the mad skills to bring Alabama, Ohio State, USC, and Texas into Boise, I'm seriously hoping you're the next AD. You're the jefe we need.