Sign in to follow this  
MWC Tex

ESPN+...what Disney Mgt hasn't told investors.

13 hours ago, SalinasSpartan said:

I see nobody mentioned this bit of irony. Disney will be launching its own streaming service next year and will be pulling all its content (which includes all of Fox’s stuff since they are buying them) off Netflix (except for the Marvel TV shows like Daredevil), giving it a tv/movie streaming service in addition to a sports streaming g service in ESPN+. Also after the fox deal it will own 60% of Hulu and will place all its R rated material on there, essentially giving it a third streaming service. If you want all three Disney will give them to you at a discounted rate by packaging them together in, you guessed it, a bundle. So in cutting the cord to avoid cable bundles, you will very likely have to buy streaming bundles in the near future.

Dread it... run from it.... the bundle still arrives.

That could happen.

That Disney streaming service is going to be massive.

On 8/10/2018 at 5:56 AM, BacksThePack said:

Eh, compare it to the WWE network. That took a couple years to get to where it needed to be, but it got there.

There is a WWE Network? 

On 8/10/2018 at 1:47 PM, Pelado said:

There's a WWE network?

22 hours ago, kingpotato said:

There is a WWE Network? 

It took you two days to expand my contraction into two words?

6 hours ago, Pelado said:

It took you two days to expand my contraction into two words?

That happens when you look at this site for 10 minutes every few days. Sorry I didn't read your brilliant post. 

On 8/11/2018 at 3:27 PM, UNLV2001 said:

From my viewing point, ESPN+ doesn't do it (yet)

MLS - I don't watch soccer, and the only way i might care about soccer is if / when Las Vegas lands an MLS team - Our USL soccer team has their games on local tv, which I have recorded, but I admit i fast forward thru the games until I see the score change, the stop to watch the goal. I'm not there with soccer enough to sit thru 90 minutes of jogging & trotting for a 4 second score.

MLB - I buy the MLB package every year & view some games via ROKU - We get AZ D-Backs, SD Padres, LA/OC/Anaheim/California Angels on local cable feeds, so the only teams I can't see are SF Giants, Oakland A's & LA Dodgers.......but I buy this more for just having it if I have a bet on some games and not for major rooting interests.

NHL - I get my fill with 82 VGK games and whatever shows up on NBCSN & other cable channels ( Note: in LV market we are now blacked out of Kings & Ducks games, but I admit before the VGK, I rarely watched an entire NHL game at all) 

College FB for me is mainly MWC first & foremost, maybe some PAC12 & Big12 once  in a while......after that there's not much of a priority, though I have been know to tune into some Big Sky games via their Big Sky Network / Pluto on the interwebs.

As for WWE, UFC, Boxing, Rugby, and the like, I really wouldn't watch even if free & available anywhere 

Damn. My wife says I watch too much sports and I only watch ESPN and ESPN2 occasionally. 

• Like 1