Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

misplacedcowboy

CBS Sports Bowl Projections

CBS Sports has 7 MW teams playing in bowls this year, including Boise in the Fiesta bowl, as well as our favorite Big 12 program CSU making a bowl game. Congrats @Scooter and @jimjam!!!

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/college-football-playoff-bowl-projections-preseason-calls-for-each-of-the-2018-19-games/

Jan. 1

Fiesta
Glendale, Ariz.

1 p.m.
ESPN

At-large vs. At-large

Stanford vs. Boise State

Dec. 28 NOVA Arizona
Tucson, Ariz.
5:30 p.m.
CBSSN

MWC vs. Sun Belt

UNLV vs. New Mexico State
Dec. 26 Quick Lane
Detroit
5:15 p.m.
ESPN  
Big Ten vs. ACC Nevada vs. Wake Forest
Dec. 26 Heart of Dallas
Dallas
1:30 p.m.
ESPN  
Big 12 vs. CUSA Colorado State vs. Southern Miss
Dec. 22 Hawaii
Honolulu
10:30 pm
ESPN

CUSA vs. MWC

Marshall vs. Wyoming
Dec. 21 Idaho Potato
Boise, Idaho
4 p.m.
ESPN
MWC vs. MAC Utah State vs. Buffalo
Dec. 15 Las Vegas
Las Vegas  
3:30 p.m.
ABC  
Pac-12 vs. MWC   Colorado vs. Fresno State

Dec. 15

New Mexico
Albuquerque, N.M.

2 p.m.
ESPN

CUSA vs. MWC

North Texas vs. San Diego State

They say Nevada will make their bowl game with a 5-7 record. I wonder if Nevada will decline a meaningless bowl invite since it will be basketball season by then?

40 minutes ago, misplacedcowboy said:

CBS Sports has 7 MW teams playing in bowls this year, including Boise in the Fiesta bowl, as well as our favorite Big 12 program CSU making a bowl game. Congrats @Scooter and @jimjam!!!

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/college-football-playoff-bowl-projections-preseason-calls-for-each-of-the-2018-19-games/

Jan. 1

Fiesta
Glendale, Ariz.

1 p.m.
ESPN

At-large vs. At-large

Stanford vs. Boise State

Dec. 28 NOVA Arizona
Tucson, Ariz.
CBSSN

MWC vs. Sun Belt

Dec. 26 Quick Lane
Detroit
ESPN  
Dec. 26 Heart of Dallas
Dallas
ESPN  
Dec. 22 Hawaii
Honolulu
ESPN

CUSA vs. MWC

Marshall vs. Wyoming
Dec. 21 Idaho Potato
Boise, Idaho
4 p.m.
ESPN
Dec. 15 Las Vegas
Las Vegas  
ABC  

Dec. 15

New Mexico
Albuquerque, N.M.

2 p.m.
ESPN

CUSA vs. MWC

They say Nevada will make their bowl game with a 5-7 record. I wonder if Nevada will decline a meaningless bowl invite since it will be basketball season by then?

Hell no; never pass up the chance to go bowlin'! And why would the Quick Lane Bowl be any more or less meaningful than any of the bowls outside of the playoffs?

41 minutes ago, misplacedcowboy said:

Jan. 1

Fiesta
Glendale, Ariz.

1 p.m.
ESPN

At-large vs. At-large

Stanford vs. Boise State

Dec. 28 NOVA Arizona
Tucson, Ariz.
CBSSN

MWC vs. Sun Belt

Dec. 26 Quick Lane
Detroit
ESPN  
Dec. 26 Heart of Dallas
Dallas
ESPN  
Dec. 22 Hawaii
Honolulu
ESPN

CUSA vs. MWC

Marshall vs. Wyoming
Dec. 21 Idaho Potato
Boise, Idaho
4 p.m.
ESPN
Dec. 15 Las Vegas
Las Vegas  
ABC  

Dec. 15

New Mexico
Albuquerque, N.M.

2 p.m.
ESPN

CUSA vs. MWC

Nevada would be ecstatic to play in any bowl game. It would mean the program has taken a step forward under the new coaching staff. 

As a Rebel fan...can we just end the season now?  Would love to see us playing in a bowl this year.  I know that is the goal, but still not sure they will turn the corner as a program.  Hope they can.

1 hour ago, misplacedcowboy said:

Jan. 1

Fiesta
Glendale, Ariz.

1 p.m.
ESPN

At-large vs. At-large

Stanford vs. Boise State

wgsiz.gif

1 hour ago, renoskier said:

Hell no; never pass up the chance to go bowlin'! And why would the Quick Lane Bowl be any more or less meaningful than any of the bowls outside of the playoffs?

You must not have bought your ticket yet to the Nevada basketball hype train!! 

My comment was meant as a joke... would be huge for you guys and the West division to be one of 4 teams making a bowl. I hope to see it happen.

2 hours ago, misplacedcowboy said:

Jan. 1

Fiesta
Glendale, Ariz.

1 p.m.
ESPN

At-large vs. At-large

Stanford vs. Boise State

Dec. 28 NOVA Arizona
Tucson, Ariz.
CBSSN

MWC vs. Sun Belt

Dec. 26 Quick Lane
Detroit
ESPN  
Dec. 26 Heart of Dallas
Dallas
ESPN  
Dec. 22 Hawaii
Honolulu
ESPN

CUSA vs. MWC

Marshall vs. Wyoming
Dec. 21 Idaho Potato
Boise, Idaho
4 p.m.
ESPN
Dec. 15 Las Vegas
Las Vegas  
ABC  

Dec. 15

New Mexico
Albuquerque, N.M.

2 p.m.
ESPN

CUSA vs. MWC

If eligible, I think Wyo goes to NM.

1 hour ago, Swoll Cracker said:

CBS Sports has more confidence in Craig Thompson's ability to secure bowl berths that any MWC fan does.

Do we really even need bowl tie-ins anymore? Seems like there's so many bowls out there, especially for P5 teams, that any 6-win team is guaranteed a spot somewhere. Until they make a rule that a 5-7 P5 team can be selected before a 6-win G5 team at least...

48 minutes ago, Jeffkills said:

Fiesta again?

Don't you know - Broncos LOVE Fiestas!!

down in a hole.jpg

1 hour ago, Jeffkills said:

Fiesta again?

Comfort zone.   Own it.   

I still pain over not getting that Rose Bowl invite.  To see those old school yellow jacket honks who want Bwhatever vs PACwhatever but instead are forced to play along with the collective,  look down their fat noses at Boise State would have been priceless.   But any NY6 for me is all good. 

11 minutes ago, roughrider said:

Comfort zone.   Own it.   

I still pain over not getting that Rose Bowl invite.

Dude, me too - you have no idea!!

Brotzman, despite the TCU fake punt, destroyed BSU destiny in the Rose.  We would have ROLLED!!

New-Signature.jpg

Fiesta is a possibility, but so is the Peach Bowl for whomever is the G5 selection from the bowl projections that I've seen.

My history of the rules on this is a little hazy but don't the major six bowls rotate who gets to have the playoff games and, when they aren't in the rotation, both the Peach and the Fiesta Bowls are At-Large vs. At-Large right?

Is it a situation where the bowls with At-Large tie-ins take turns picking their four teams but the fourth team MUST be the G5? (Presumably the first three picks are P5 conference at-large teams and then whomever gets the last pick is forced to take the highest ranking G5)

The reason I'm asking is that I'm wondering who has the final pick this year between the Fiesta and Peach Bowls? I imagine that the Peach would prefer not to have to take a team on the other side of the country but they might be forced to if they've got last pick? Or do I have this all wrong?