Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scooter

Canvas Stadium one of the nations best..

On 8/9/2018 at 8:58 AM, Scooter said:

Interesting.  Please tell us more.

This adds up to $19.6 million in expenses. Simple math shows that if you subtract the expenses from the revenue, you get a big, fat loss of $13.6 million.

All I can say is that anyone who thinks the stadium is a financial success must have flunked basic math.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.coloradoan.com/amp/760134002

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

22 minutes ago, Scooter said:

Actually it's $37.7 million as stated above but we should just tear it down and rebuild it and charge the taxpayers like wyoming does.

You might find this link interesting..

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/10/colorado-state-turned-4-6-million-profit-in-first-season-at-canvas-stadium/

What in God's name are you blathering about? 

"Tear it down?" What facility did Wyoming recently tear down and rebuild?

"Charge the taxpayers?" You do understand who pays the majority of taxes in Wyoming, right? (Pro tip: it's not the residents) 

Congrats to CSU on that $4.6M profit. Not that it got you much besides 7-6, including two more losses to your biggest rivals.

24 minutes ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

This adds up to $19.6 million in expenses. Simple math shows that if you subtract the expenses from the revenue, you get a big, fat loss of $13.6 million.

All I can say is that anyone who thinks the stadium is a financial success must have flunked basic math.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.coloradoan.com/amp/760134002

Wrong again.

You cited a known hater of CSU and college athletics.  Blob Vangersmeerch is NOT a reliable or accurate source.

Finished stadium 2017B.jpg

On 8/9/2018 at 6:08 PM, Wyovanian said:

Why sell out when you pay cash for everything?

LMAO!  Naming rights cash doesn't spend??  Getting a bank to invest in your stadium is selling out?? 

Your AD wouldn't like millions more pumped in to your programs?

The truth is no bank would even sniff those facilities.  That's a fact.

26 minutes ago, Scooter said:

Wrong again.

You cited a known hater of CSU and college athletics.  Blob Vangersmeerch is NOT a reliable or accurate source.

Are you going to dispute any of the facts he wrote, or are you just going to call him a “hater” and dismiss the facts? Very logical response. 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

1 hour ago, Scooter said:

LMAO!  Naming rights cash doesn't spend??  Getting a bank to invest in your stadium is selling out?? 

Your AD wouldn't like millions more pumped in to your programs?

The truth is no bank would even sniff those facilities.  That's a fact.

Actually the fact is Wyoming has never seriously considered selling naming rights because we refuse to sell out our veterans and war dead for whom the stadium is actually named. We would have zero problem getting someone to pony up to naming rights, same as we had zero problem with naming rights to Jonah Field, the RAC, or the HAPC...

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

On 8/8/2018 at 5:47 PM, Wyoguns said:

It's not all they have....they have millions of dollars in debt along with that new stadium.

¿Did you pay ca$h for your home?

On 8/10/2018 at 1:09 PM, Fort Fun said:

Because you've been fed propaganda your entire life. Just like most things in life, weed is harmless when used in moderation.

As an expert on ingesting foreign substances, I'd rank cannabis right next to caffeine. 

Oh shit its that addictive? Well you convinced me, ban weed 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

2 hours ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Are you going to dispute any of the facts he wrote, or are you just going to call him a “hater” and dismiss the facts? Very logical response. 

It's not facts.  It's opinion and he's wrong on everything.  

1 hour ago, Wyovanian said:

Actually the fact is Wyoming has never seriously considered selling naming rights because we refuse to sell out our veterans and war dead for whom the stadium is actually named. We would have zero problem getting someone to pony up to naming rights, same as we had zero problem with naming rights to Jonah Field, the RAC, or the HAPC...

Admirable.  but let's be honest here.  They haven't considered it because no one wants their name on that turd of a stadium.

1 hour ago, Scooter said:

Admirable.  but let's be honest here.  They haven't considered it because no one wants their name on that turd of a stadium.

If that were so, why did we have no problem with all of the naming rights I mentioned? Thrill us with your acumen, genius...

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

41 minutes ago, Wyovanian said:

If that were so, why did we have no problem with all of the naming rights I mentioned? Thrill us with your acumen, genius...

The other facilities you mention are not corporate or bank sponsored and are irrelevant to the conversation and by comparison peanuts.

I'm referring specifically to that trash heap of a stadium you have.  you'll be sure to call me when you get a $37.7 million corporate naming rights deal for it.  

7 hours ago, Scooter said:

Actually it's $37.7 million as stated above but we should just tear it down and rebuild it and charge the taxpayers like wyoming does.

You might find this link interesting..

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/10/colorado-state-turned-4-6-million-profit-in-first-season-at-canvas-stadium/

So no link on the check?

The World Needs More Cowboys!

11 hours ago, pokebball said:

So no link on the check?

I get your little brain can't comprehend that CSU get's $37.7 million from CCU which is one of the best in the entire country.

So it's spread out over 15 years....Who gives a shit except you?

The part you need to concern yourself with is that is one of the best sponsorship payouts in the country.

Fans, corporations, and donations ($86 million in just donations so far) pay for this stadium yet you dolts think that's a bad thing.

4 hours ago, jimjam said:

I get your little brain can't comprehend that CSU get's $37.7 million from CCU which is one of the best in the entire country.

So it's spread out over 15 years....Who gives a shit except you?

The part you need to concern yourself with is that is one of the best sponsorship payouts in the country.

Fans, corporations, and donations ($86 million in just donations so far) pay for this stadium yet you dolts think that's a bad thing.

Bump set spike...you lose

34 minutes ago, jimjam said:

No, you do idiot. Enjoy FCS in about 4 or 5 years.

So you got the check? Link me please! I can't believe we're going round and round like this, a simple  link will do it.

I'm seriously starting to believe that you didn't get the check.

🤑