Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scooter

Canvas Stadium one of the nations best..

49 minutes ago, pokebball said:

This is actually a lie.  You didn't get a 36 million dollar check.  But someone above said semantics aside, so congrats

There you go again.  More BS. 

How much naming rights money is your POS the waRp collecting?

I'll tell you how much  ZERO

Finished stadium 2017B.jpg

2 hours ago, Scooter said:

Why sell out when you pay cash for everything?

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

Just now, Wyovanian said:

Greely air...

2 minutes ago, Wyovanian said:

Really? Enlighten us all with "truth"... Tell us about you 70 yard IPF and high school gym called Moby...

Come on now. Old Town is way, way more swag than it used to be. And the breweries — all over place — ie, New Belgium with the outdoor seating??? Fort Collins has its chit together IMO.

The problem as I see it is this: people don’t care about CSU sports (enough) because it’s squarely behind pro sports and CU in that market and always will be. End of story. 

3 hours ago, Scooter said:

Link me on the 36 mil check.  Perhaps you're right.  Easy to prove.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

10 minutes ago, pokebball said:

Well, for one, he doesn't even have the amount right. It's actually $37.7 million--paid over 15 years. CSU athletics also doesn't get all the money. Learfield gets a nice chunk of it (rumored to be around 20%) for its part in brokering the deal. 

59 minutes ago, 307dude said:

Well, for one, he doesn't even have the amount right. It's actually $37.7 million--paid over 15 years. CSU athletics also doesn't get all the money. Learfield gets a nice chunk of it (rumored to be around 20%) for its part in brokering the deal. 

Yeah, everyone but him knew it was to be paid over 15yrs.  The obvious point is they didnt get the check, as he said. 

The World Needs More Cowboys!

15 hours ago, NevadaFan said:

Come on now. Old Town is way, way more swag than it used to be. And the breweries — all over place — ie, New Belgium with the outdoor seating??? Fort Collins has its chit together IMO.

The problem as I see it is this: people don’t care about CSU sports (enough) because it’s squarely behind pro sports and CU in that market and always will be. End of story. 

It's swag, but it went from "family town with a fun downtown" to "dinks only" in about a decade. I used to kind of think that I'd go back to FC at some point but there is no FC to go back to. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

4 minutes ago, Bob said:

Just like all of CO, it's a neat place to visit for the afternoon, but how the hell anyone lives there anymore is beyond me. The traffic, the identical-looking housing, the big box stores with the chain restaurants.. oof. And the weed and drugs? not a family-friendly place whatsoever. it's too much . The whole state has lost its soul.

Plus it's so expensive! Not worth it . And everyone's either from Massachusetts, New York, CA or Mexico. How are there that many high paying jobs that everyone lives in a mansion? Does everyone just trade bonds in their basements? It's like every independently wealthy person in the US decided to go smoke weed in CO. Not a superior lifestyle and not worth it

Weed wasn't exactly uncommon when I lived there. With everything else I mostly agree. Hell Bisetti's closed and I'm fairly sure it will be replaced by a trendy bar with artisanal cocktails and 10 dollar small plates and that's one less place you can go out with your family. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

29 minutes ago, Bob said:

Just like all of CO, it's a neat place to visit for the afternoon, but how the hell anyone lives there anymore is beyond me. The traffic, the identical-looking housing, the big box stores with the chain restaurants.. oof. And the weed and drugs? not a family-friendly place whatsoever. it's too much . The whole state has lost its soul.

Plus it's so expensive! Not worth it . And everyone's either from Massachusetts, New York, CA or Mexico. How are there that many high paying jobs that everyone lives in a mansion? Does everyone just trade bonds in their basements? It's like every independently wealthy person in the US decided to go smoke weed in CO. Not a superior lifestyle and not worth it

Jim's Wings exists for people like you.

IMG_0271.JPG.a375dfd8fa7f72be6fdfa85bc4b010d3.JPG

5 minutes ago, Bob said:

Weed is rampant. I went to visit my brother, who is going to CU med school, and has to live in Westminster and commute because a 700 sq ft. house close to his campus in the middle of the Aurora ghetto costs 350k, and both neighbors of his town house were smoking weed outside! +++++ing trashy and gross. 

My wife who finished a pharm rotation at medical center of the Rockies said that 95% of the people that end up there (mostly trauma patients) were high on weed at the time of their incidents. It impairs as badly as alcohol and CO has embraced it full force. CO is a lost cause

Le sigh

Again, weed was not uncommon while I was there. Weed is not exactly uncommon in Wyoming either. I think when I lived in Laramie I was one of like 8 people who didn't smoke it. CO has growth issues and planning issues; it also just happens to have weed. Frankly throwing 19 year old kids into prison because they sold a dime bag to their friends is a bigger weed problem than people being dumb with it. 

Never saw that much weed on campus in Laramie when I was there, but I know it was around. After finishing up the spring semester my junior year, I went over to visit some friends at Utah State. They still had a few weeks of classes left since they were on quarters over there. I saw more weed in one weekend in Logan than I did all five years I was in Laramie. 

Also having lived in Colorado recently for three years, I agree with Happy. I wouldn't say it's rampant, but it's part of the landscape now. That said, if you want to avoid it, there's still plenty of places you won't find it.

1 hour ago, Bob said:

I guess I see weed as a much bigger problem. 

Because you've been fed propaganda your entire life. Just like most things in life, weed is harmless when used in moderation.

As an expert on ingesting foreign substances, I'd rank cannabis right next to caffeine. 

8 minutes ago, Fort Fun said:

Because you've been fed propaganda your entire life. Just like most things in life, weed is harmless when used in moderation.

As an expert on ingesting foreign substances, I'd rank cannabis right next to caffeine. 

This. I think it’s going to take time for the stigma to go away. I too was a bit shocked at how open people are smoking weed in CO and with two teenage boys it was interesting conversation. But they go to beaches at Tahoe all the time and it’s everywhere. It’s starting to be more common in Reno where it’s legalized. And I’d be hypcrical to say there’s something wrong with it when I love trying breweries. 

On 8/9/2018 at 6:51 PM, pokebball said:

Actually it's $37.7 million as stated above but we should just tear it down and rebuild it and charge the taxpayers like wyoming does.

You might find this link interesting..

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/10/colorado-state-turned-4-6-million-profit-in-first-season-at-canvas-stadium/

On 8/9/2018 at 6:05 PM, Wyovanian said:

Really? Enlighten us all with "truth"... Tell us about you 70 yard IPF and high school gym called Moby...

The Butt hurt is strong with you.  Moby and the IPF work just fine.

You have the worst stadium in all of college football that sits on a windswept Siberian plain surrounded by trailer parks.