Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest #1Stunner

BYU vs UNLV - new series announced.

1 hour ago, #1Stunner said:

You seem upset that I didn't announce a BYU vs North Alabama game as well.  I didn't realize you wanted to know.  I'll post the full schedule below.

And let me help you out.  BYU schedules 1 FCS school per year.  I expect BYU will continue to do this every year.

Ideally, BYU would schedule UNLV every year in football and basketball.  UNLV has the best stadium and arena in the MWC.  They are a power in basketball.

2020: 6 Home, 6 Road
Sept 3 – @ Utah
Sept 12 – MICHIGAN STATE
Sept 19 – @ Arizona State
Sept 26 – @ Minnesota
Oct 2 – UTAH STATE

Oct 10 – MISSOURI

Oct 17 – HOUSTON
Oct 24 – @ Northern Illinois
Nov 7 – @ Boise State
Nov 14 – SAN DIEGO STATE

Nov 21 NORTH ALABAMA

Nov 28 – @ Stanford

That's a pretty cool schedule.  3 P12 teams.  SDSU and Boise, 2 tough MWC teams.  USU, solid in state game.  Michigan State and Missouri at home.  Nice.  Finish at Stanford.  If you can get 7 wins or more with that schedule, congrats.  I'd definitely buy season tickets for those home games.

Guest #1Stunner
37 minutes ago, MWC Tex said:

So now the second of six MW teams schedule BYU.  

By that time, BYU will be such a mess from Indy that UNLV is going to be getting an automatic W.    

BYU has scheduled UNLV for a long time, already.  BYU and UNLV just played each other last year.

We need to get a series with New Mexico.   Their fans are amazing.

4 hours ago, RamSack said:

Scheduling UNLV is one way to get an automatic win on your schedule.

Rammie, it's BYU.  Consider the trajectory since going independent.

I'm thinking UNLV scheduled it to get an auto win.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

6 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

https://byucougars.com/story/football/1285468/Future-football-games-with-UNLV-and-North-Alabama-announced

BYU and UNLV have agreed to a two-game series with matchups in Provo in 2023 and Las Vegas in 2024. The Cougars will host the Rebels in LaVell Edwards Stadium on Nov. 4, 2023, and face UNLV in Las Vegas Stadium on Nov. 2, 2024.

BYU and UNLV have played 20 times since 1978 with BYU holding a 17-3 advantage in the series. The former conference foes were both members of the Western Athletic Conference and founding members of the Mountain West Conference.

The two teams played last season in Las Vegas with the Cougars earning a 31-21 victory at Sam Boyd Stadium. The last game in Provo was a 42-23 BYU victory in 2014. The first meeting between the two institutions was a neutral site game played in Yokohama, Japan, on Dec. 2, 1978. Future All-American BYU quarterback Jim McMahon was injured in the first half, but Marc Wilson came in and threw for three touchdowns in the second half to give BYU a 28-24 victory.

Eh....we have all sold out.

12 hours ago, RamSack said:

Scheduling UNLV is one way to get an automatic win on your schedule.

9 hours ago, Wyovanian said:

Apparently UNLV is willing to go down on stink Wyoming wouldn't touch with a gloved hand...

Good front rangers, always sticking with your man Craig Thompson's party line.

It's disappointing to see you teaming up.

CSUWYOTRASHTALK.png

7 hours ago, BleedRebelRed said:

I didn't see it mentioned on here, but BYU will be playing in Las Vegas before 2024, in a neutral-site game against Arizona in 2021.

Outside of our regular season home schedule we get 2 or 3 open scheduling opportunities in the new stadium. Did UNLV give up one of it's open scheduling slots for this?  I hope not.

Guest #1Stunner
35 minutes ago, NWRebel said:

Outside of our regular season home schedule we get 2 or 3 open scheduling opportunities in the new stadium. Did UNLV give up one of it's open scheduling slots for this?  I hope not.

Tom Holmoe called UNLV's AD to ask permission to schedule a neutral site game in Las Vegas against Arizona, because he felt like he did not want to intrude on UNLV's turf.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/sports-columns/ron-kantowski/nfl-stadium-would-give-las-vegas-neutral-site-college-football-option/

Tom Holmoe, the longtime BYU athletic director who has three Super Bowl rings from his days as a San Francisco 49ers defensive back, expressed enthusiasm about becoming a semi-regular visitor.

“I am looking forward to working with Pat Christenson and his peers on potential future neutral football games in Las Vegas,” Holmoe said via email. “One other vital piece in the equation is the support of the UNLV athletic department. I felt that it was important and that we needed their permission to participate in a college football game ‘on their turf.’ ”

Guest #1Stunner
18 hours ago, Wyovanian said:

Apparently UNLV is willing to go down on stink Wyoming wouldn't touch with a gloved hand...

Wyoming should schedule a neutral site game against a P5 in Las Vegas, at the new Raiders Stadium.  Wyoming loves playing games in Las Vegas.

20 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

You seem upset that I didn't announce a BYU vs North Alabama game as well.  I didn't realize you wanted to know.  I'll post the full schedule below.

And let me help you out.  BYU schedules 1 FCS school per year.  I expect BYU will continue to do this every year.

Ideally, BYU would schedule UNLV every year in football and basketball.  UNLV has the best stadium and arena in the MWC.  They are a power in basketball.

2020: 6 Home, 6 Road
Sept 3 – @ Utah
Sept 12 – MICHIGAN STATE
Sept 19 – @ Arizona State
Sept 26 – @ Minnesota
Oct 2 – UTAH STATE

Oct 10 – MISSOURI

Oct 17 – HOUSTON
Oct 24 – @ Northern Illinois
Nov 7 – @ Boise State
Nov 14 – SAN DIEGO STATE

Nov 21 NORTH ALABAMA

Nov 28 – @ Stanford

I'm gonna say 3-9 if Kalani is still the HC (you figure out the 3 wins). :ph34r:

Guest #1Stunner
31 minutes ago, SparkysDad said:

I'm gonna say 3-9 if Kalani is still the HC (you figure out the 3 wins). :ph34r:

Ideally, BYU moves the Missouri game to a different year, and schedules another game with UNLV in 2020.

BYU fans love scheduling UNLV in all sporting events.  UNLV's facilities are probably the best in the Country.

1 hour ago, NWRebel said:

They better be playing on a Friday night, lol.

1 hour ago, #1Stunner said:

Tom Holmoe called UNLV's AD to ask permission to schedule a neutral site game in Las Vegas against Arizona, because he felt like he did not want to intrude on UNLV's turf.

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/sports-columns/ron-kantowski/nfl-stadium-would-give-las-vegas-neutral-site-college-football-option/

Tom Holmoe, the longtime BYU athletic director who has three Super Bowl rings from his days as a San Francisco 49ers defensive back, expressed enthusiasm about becoming a semi-regular visitor.

“I am looking forward to working with Pat Christenson and his peers on potential future neutral football games in Las Vegas,” Holmoe said via email. “One other vital piece in the equation is the support of the UNLV athletic department. I felt that it was important and that we needed their permission to participate in a college football game ‘on their turf.’ ”

Hmmm. I remember the jazz playing 11 games in Vegas cause they Couldn’t sell enough tickets in salt lake..attendance in Provo has dropped off that far, huh?

Guest #1Stunner
15 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

They better be playing on a Friday night, lol.

Hmmm. I remember the jazz playing 11 games in Vegas cause they Couldn’t sell enough tickets in salt lake..attendance in Provo has dropped off that far, huh?

NhLKoC3S_400x400.jpg