Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NevadaFan

Raiders training camp to Reno?

3 hours ago, wolfpack1 said:

What is odd about that, is that at one point, Sisolak was campaigning about stopping or changing the Raiders deal.

No. Swartz was campaigning against the stadium. Sisolak was endorsed by the Raiders. I chit you not. 

3 hours ago, wolfpack1 said:

Not necessarily they can use both. The issue with UNR is that they do have summer classes, some players doing offseason workouts and such. They probably will be able to use the housing during the summer. With the high schools pretty much no one using them. Especially if want to be left alone. However I do live in teh Hug High area and christ can only imagine what will happen around here if Raiders are using the school.

Than you should know that Hug is going away. It won’t be there is 3 years-ish. 

54 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

No. Swartz was campaigning against the stadium. Sisolak was endorsed by the Raiders. I chit you not. 

True on Sisolak.  He has consistently supported the Raiders and Stadium deal.  It was the other Clark County Commissioner Chris Giunchigliani who consistently opposed the deal.

7 hours ago, NevadaFan said:

Not going away, they're converting it into a career/technical charter school.

19 hours ago, NevadaFan said:

No it won’t. Hug HS is going bye-bye and will become a brand new vocational HS in the next 3 years. So they can take that field and rebuild it however they want. Wooster - I don’t get but it’s centrally located and near the airport which is building a new hotel that can theoretically accommodate the team. 

To battleborn’s point, Nevada’s football weightroom is really nice. The basketball weightroom is amazing. 

Another hotel? Are you referring to the open plot next to the airport Hyatt?

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

1 minute ago, NevadaFan said:

I wish Murray would sometimes. Maybe I’m the last person in Washoe County to actually read the RGJ?

Second to last. I still read it daily as I eat my breakfast. 

Is that the tone I write in these days? I’m old and out of patience — what can I say. 

That was only part of the reason, but the main reason is that bb reacts best when tweaked with his own techniques. Also, after so many years of posting novels, I’m practicing what I hope will someday develop into a more pithy style. I have much work to do. 

Phone or print edition? I miss reading a real paper. I read 5 or 6 papers a day. 

Print. It just doesn’t read the same way on electronica. 

1 hour ago, Posturedoc said:

Second to last. I still read it daily as I eat my breakfast. 

I bet you can read the entire print version before you finish your oatmeal. 

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

19 hours ago, NevadaFan said:

That is the plan that the district has right now, but that plan is being fought tooth and nail right now. With an impending lawsuit, I think that timeline is going to have to be changed.

32 minutes ago, wolfpack1 said:

That is the plan that the district has right now, but that plan is being fought tooth and nail right now. With an impending lawsuit, I think that timeline is going to have to be changed.

Yes. Let’s save a public golf course that is subsidized by the taxpayers for the enjoyment of a few hundred people. Never mind Northgate closed for the SAME damn reason. Makes perfect sense!