Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NevadaFan

Raiders training camp to Reno?

43 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

you just hearing about this? get better horses for your pony express. :P

jk. it would be good for Reno.

He probably posted it because after initial reports of the Raiders holding camp in Reno, they seemed to be backing away from that. This is a new story that seems to confirm that it's possible to likely. 

46 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

you just hearing about this? get better horses for your pony express. :P

jk. it would be good for Reno.

I knew about it but hadn’t seen an article in a while. Sounds like Raiders are keeping their word to the political folks like Sandoval who helped get the stadium approved. 

33 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

He probably posted it because after initial reports of the Raiders holding camp in Reno, they seemed to be backing away from that. This is a new story that seems to confirm that it's possible to likely. 

I was just yanking his chain, :P I just read about it again last week.. it WAS pretty quiet for a while. 

6 minutes ago, Lester_in_reno said:

I  really doubt this ever happens.

the days of NFL "camps" are going away.

lot of  teams now run their training next to their stadiums.

Where they have access to everything. Players get to go home.

I think your confusing training camp with training facility? It spells that out in the article. But I’m skeptical of anything too — until a shovel is in the ground. 

1 minute ago, NevadaFan said:

I think your confusing training camp with training facility? It spells that out in the article. But I’m skeptical of anything too — until a shovel is in the ground. 

the Raiders are always on the level.---- right?

Dont understand a training facility located 440 miles from your stadium.

cerified_Subarus.jpg

More than half of the teams have camp in small towns in its home state. Cowboys always have camp in LA and Texans have camp in West Virginia. So Raiders having camp in Reno will great as they try to gather interest from the whole state 

Related image

1 hour ago, Lester_in_reno said:

the Raiders are always on the level.---- right?

Dont understand a training facility located 440 miles from your stadium.

Did you read the article? Davis thinks that having the camp away from home helps build comradery, which makes perfect sense.

It would be awesome if it comes to Reno, and would help the Raiders gain support statewide.

32 minutes ago, bigd said:

Did you read the article? Davis thinks that having the camp away from home helps build comradery, which makes perfect sense.

It would be awesome if it comes to Reno, and would help the Raiders gain support statewide.

they've been going to Napa for about 15 years, so I could see them going to Reno for a few weeks.

I don't see how this moves forward. The university is not going to rip out new field turf practice fields and replace them with grass so the Raiders can host 3 weeks of practice. That's insane. Maintenance costs alone on grass fields in northern Nevada make it a non-starter and certainly Mackay is not going to move back to a grass surface. 

"You pukin morons are just plain too dumb."

-bluerules008 aka jibscout aka Hal "Mosquito Man" Newman

29 minutes ago, battle.borne said:

I don't see how this moves forward. The university is not going to rip out new field turf practice fields and replace them with grass so the Raiders can host 3 weeks of practice. That's insane. Maintenance costs alone on grass fields in northern Nevada make it a non-starter and certainly Mackay is not going to move back to a grass surface. 

Where did you read that grass was required? I thought Murray’s article was wrong because the parking next to Pack Park is waiting for an indoor practice facility to be constructed. It should be interesting. 

1 hour ago, battle.borne said:

40 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

Where did you read that grass was required? I thought Murray’s article was wrong because the parking next to Pack Park is waiting for an indoor practice facility to be constructed. It should be interesting. 

Besides, if grass is required, I don't think placing grass over the turf is really that big of a deal. It's often done for soccer matches.