Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

toonkee

Trump Confesses Intent of Tower Meeting

35 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I don’t think collusion means what you think it does.  A single meeting with Russian officials in Trump tower to get dirt on Clinton is all of the sudden irrefutable evidence of some large coordinated effort between the 2 parties to rig an entire election?  LOL, good luck with that.  #TDSisreal

NO COLLUSION!

There was COLLUSION! But it was by crooked Hillary and the Democrats! LOCK HER UP!

Well, there might have been COLLUSION, but it isn't a crime.

Okay yes, there was COLLUSION, but everyone does it and it wasn't me personally. <-- We are here

Fine, I did the COLLUSION, but it wasn't my fault and it still isn't a crime.

Yes, COLLUSION like this was actually a crime, but it wasn't my fault!

Okay yes, the COLLUSION was a crime, and I did it, but you can't prosecute me for it because I'm pardoning myself!

22 hours ago, toonkee said:

Yeah?  Everybody meets with Russian state reps to get Russian state intel?

So the argument has gone from:

1. no collusion

2. some collusion

3. collusion is not a crime

4. everybody does collusion

And uh, didn't the FBI meet with everybody and say that the Russian's would try and pull stuff like this and to be on the look-out?  Maybe even before the tower meeting?  Hmmmm.  How come thy didn't tell the FBI about this?  Hmmmm.

At a minimum you have to ask why Trump is moving to confess the true nature of this meeting when they claimed it was about adoptions.  Why confess now?

Trump needs to pull a Nixon and resign while he can still get pardoned.

So he lied about it ever happening.  He helped come up with an idiotic story about adoption.  Trump Jr. went on a family favorite evening program, Sean Hannity, lied about it.  And now he says it was about getting dirt on his opponent from Russia no less, and so what?  He has lied so much and shown no embarrassment or care for what anyone outside his hard core base thinks.  And guess what?  It's working.  Even on this board there is a indifference to his rhetoric.  The economy is doing great right?  He has managed to set expectations so low relative to personal behavior that it's almost not newsworthy anymore.  He isn't getting impeached.  If enough people care, they will go out and vote to keep him in check in midterms.  My guess is there aren't enough voters that care.  Give him credit, he is a slime ball of a human being, but his fans love him and are loyal.  And they vote.  

2 hours ago, NorCalCoug said:

I don’t think collusion means what you think it does.  A single meeting with Russian officials in Trump tower to get dirt on Clinton is all of the sudden irrefutable evidence of some large coordinated effort between the 2 parties to rig an entire election?  LOL, good luck with that.  #TDSisreal

That depends on the depends on  what the definition of "is, is."   Nice swampy Clintonian schematic double speak!  I fully expect Trump to employ your winning strategy for sure! 

Posted Image

1 hour ago, retrofade said:

NO COLLUSION!

There was COLLUSION! But it was by crooked Hillary and the Democrats! LOCK HER UP!

Well, there might have been COLLUSION, but it isn't a crime.

Okay yes, there was COLLUSION, but everyone does it and it wasn't me personally. <-- We are here

Fine, I did the COLLUSION, but it wasn't my fault and it still isn't a crime.

Yes, COLLUSION like this was actually a crime, but it wasn't my fault!

Okay yes, the COLLUSION was a crime, and I did it, but you can't prosecute me for it because I'm pardoning myself!

Your forgot one...HOW does one really DEFINE collusion anyway?

Posted Image

17 hours ago, nocoolnamejim said:

Supposedly Trump was set on Christie but Manafort thought it was the wrong move. He lied about there being mechanical trouble with Trump's plane forcing him to stay an extra day in Indiana where he then had dinner with the Pences and they and Manafort changed his mind.

https://www.newsweek.com/mike-pence-was-handpicked-paul-manafort-696412

Pence was selected in order to secure the Christian vote. 2 northeast liberal Republicans on the ticket would have been a problem.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

42 minutes ago, Akkula said:

That depends on the depends on  what the definition of "is, is."   Nice swampy Clintonian schematic double speak!  I fully expect Trump to employ your winning strategy for sure! 

And now the goal posts have been moved to "rigged an entire election". 

4 minutes ago, toonkee said:

And now the goal posts have been moved to "rigged an entire election". 

Akkula has a point. I mean, Trump lies in basically every speech he gives. So how is this any different? People are so used to him lying there will be a collective yawn when another one is exposed. 

11 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

Akkula has a point. I mean, Trump lies in basically every speech he gives. So how is this any different? People are so used to him lying there will be a collective yawn when another one is exposed. 

I actually was trying to add to Akkula's statement which was in response to something NorCal said.

19 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Dj3JZq_X4AA-b3T?format=jpg

If true, that means there's no chance Don Jr. will ever be indicted.

Oh wait . . .

It's amazing Don Sr. isn't a lawyer 'cause he knows so much about the law and all.

Boom goes the dynamite.

19 hours ago, mugtang said:

Interesting. But, so far as I know, Pence hasn’t been implicated in anything so if Trump does go down I doubt Pence goes down as well. 

Correctamundo. And as much as they like Trump, a Pence presidency is the optimal wet dream for people like this: https://www.usatoday.com/videos/news/nation/2018/05/04/billy-grahams-son-god-put-trump-office/34543485/

Boom goes the dynamite.

4 hours ago, NorCalCoug said:

If anybody who's actually been following this stuff said that, I haven't heard it. Nope, the Trump Tower meeting is one more shovel of dirt for Mr. No Collusion's presidential coffin.

Boom goes the dynamite.

On 8/5/2018 at 9:03 AM, toonkee said:

Yeah?  Everybody meets with Russian state reps to get Russian state intel?

So the argument has gone from:

1. no collusion

2. some collusion

3. collusion is not a crime

4. everybody does collusion

And uh, didn't the FBI meet with everybody and say that the Russian's would try and pull stuff like this and to be on the look-out?  Maybe even before the tower meeting?  Hmmmm.  How come thy didn't tell the FBI about this?  Hmmmm.

At a minimum you have to ask why Trump is moving to confess the true nature of this meeting when they claimed it was about adoptions.  Why confess now?

Trump needs to pull a Nixon and resign while he can still get pardoned.

The stupid door knob has been shifting his story on this since the day it became public 

If his legal counsel allows this lying prick to talk to Mueller.........there is no possible way the pathological lair won't perjure himself 

3 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

If anybody who's actually been following this stuff said that, I haven't heard it. Nope, the Trump Tower meeting is one more shovel of dirt for Mr. No Collusion's presidential coffin.

Trump, Jr met with Russian officials to get dirt on Hillary.  Hillary and the DNC paid Russian officials to create dirt on Trump.  Just another day in DC.  Board liberals are furious about one and dismissive of the other.  Typical...

v0icAvfW.jpg

3 hours ago, alum93 said:

So he lied about it ever happening.  He helped come up with an idiotic story about adoption.  Trump Jr. went on a family favorite evening program, Sean Hannity, lied about it.  And now he says it was about getting dirt on his opponent from Russia no less, and so what?  He has lied so much and shown no embarrassment or care for what anyone outside his hard core base thinks.  And guess what?  It's working.  Even on this board there is a indifference to his rhetoric.  The economy is doing great right?  He has managed to set expectations so low relative to personal behavior that it's almost not newsworthy anymore.  He isn't getting impeached.  If enough people care, they will go out and vote to keep him in check in midterms.  My guess is there aren't enough voters that care.  Give him credit, he is a slime ball of a human being, but his fans love him and are loyal.  And they vote.  

One thing is crystal clear. Regardless of what Trump's base may think of all this, none of them will be a finder of fact in any adjudication of his wrongdoing. Instead the finders of fact will be Democrats who all hate him and many Republicans who don't hate him but care a lot more about the welfare of our great country than they do about a serial lying bag of crap like that. Think people like Trey Gowdy.

Boom goes the dynamite.

2 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

Trump, Jr met with Russian officials to get dirt on Hillary.  Hillary and the DNC paid Russian officials to create dirt on Trump.  Just another day in DC.  Board liberals are furious about one and dismissive of the other.  Typical...

If you're referring to the Steele Dossier, that guy is British.

Boom goes the dynamite.

7 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

If you're referring to the Steele Dossier, that guy is British.

No, no, no... you have it all wrong.

Hillary personally paid the DNC, who paid Perkins Coie, who paid Fusion GPS, who paid Christopher Steele, who paid his in-country contacts just like he did as an MI-6 intelligence officer. Therefore, Hillary personally wrote a check to the Russians for them to create dirt on Trump. Duh.

21 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

But, but, but Hillary!  I knew it was coming.  But, but, but, but Trump is the only one who has been lying about it for the last 18 months.  And, and, and, nobody cares if you lock up Hillary and Trump in the same ce, ce, cell.  So, so, so, why don't you stop talking about someone who is not, not, not president because it doesn't dis, dis, dis miss someone else's behavior and it is just de, de, de, deflection to cha, cha, change the subject.:loser:

Posted Image