Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

toonkee

Trump Confesses Intent of Tower Meeting

9 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

Are are claiming the standard to get a warrant isn’t probable cause?

You are adding extra layers that are not required to get a warrant.

For a FISA warrant, absolutely. 

Look up the Woods Procedure stupid. And then realize they weren’t followed.

Again you have no idea what you are talking about. 

3 hours ago, Rebelbacker said:

For a FISA warrant, absolutely. 

Look up the Woods Procedure stupid. And then realize they weren’t followed.

Again you have no idea what you are talking about. 

The standard is still probable cause.

You can’t put foreign assets lives at risk to do a strenuous investigation on individual sources to get a warrant. The only vetting that should needed could be provided by Steele himself. Do the sources have a history of providing reliable information? Plus, the information provided by Steele matched information provided by other sources. 

The four different judges who reviewed the warrant applications knew what the information was and where it came from. And it was yeilding results, as evidenced by the three renewals.

The professionals who have worked with the FISA court for years have said the applications and approval were proper.

Your opinion is well outside the mainstream, shared by Lindsay Graham and the other partisan hacks on the House Intel Committee. 

Your legal inspiration, Devin Nunes said in a recording from a closed door meeting released last night, that it is imperative the GOP maintains a majority in the House to protect Trump from the Mueller investigation. Not to legislate things that will improve the lives of Americans, or even tax cuts, but to protect Trump from Mueller.

On 8/6/2018 at 6:17 PM, thelawlorfaithful said:

As I said, unless he lies to investigators.

You don't understand. He may have ALREADY lied to the Senate Judiciary Committee. Here's the transcript of his testimony if you're interested: https://c-7npsfqifvt34x24x78x78x78x2ekvejdjbszx2etfobufx2ehpw.g01.msn.com/g00/3_c-7x78x78x78.nto.dpn_/c-7NPSFQIFVT34x24iuuqtx3ax2fx2fx78x78x78.kvejdjbsz.tfobuf.hpwx2fjnpx2fnfejbx2fepdx2fUsvnqx2531Ksx2531Usbotdsjqu_sfebdufe.qeg_$/$/$/$/$?i10c.ua=1&i10c.dv=17

Among other things Junior said he had no reason to think the people at the Trump Tower meeting were representing the Russian government yet prior emails from Goldstone told Junior Russia was supporting Senior in his campaign, that the woman who would be attending was a Russian government lawyer and that efforts were being made to set up a meeting between Trump and Senior. In none of Junior's email responses did he indicate any aversion to meeting with someone who might be representing Putin in that meeting. Indeed, he made the now famous statement that if the "dirt on Hillary" was what it was represented to be, Junior would "love it."

This is information that is public. Because Mueller has been so secretive, we have no idea what additional information his committee might be privy to.

I'll admit a lack of objectivity but that said, I think Junior could be in considerable legal jeopardy. At a minimum, isn't it a felony to lie to a Congressional committee?

Boom goes the dynamite.

6 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

You don't understand. He may have ALREADY lied to the Senate Judiciary Committee. Here's the transcript of his testimony if you're interested: https://c-7npsfqifvt34x24x78x78x78x2ekvejdjbszx2etfobufx2ehpw.g01.msn.com/g00/3_c-7x78x78x78.nto.dpn_/c-7NPSFQIFVT34x24iuuqtx3ax2fx2fx78x78x78.kvejdjbsz.tfobuf.hpwx2fjnpx2fnfejbx2fepdx2fUsvnqx2531Ksx2531Usbotdsjqu_sfebdufe.qeg_$/$/$/$/$?i10c.ua=1&i10c.dv=17

Among other things Junior said he had no reason to think the people at the Trump Tower meeting were representing the Russian government yet prior emails from Goldstone told Junior Russia was supporting Senior in his campaign, that the woman who would be attending was a Russian government lawyer and that efforts were being made to set up a meeting between Trump and Senior. In none of Junior's email responses did he indicate any aversion to meeting with someone who might be representing Putin in that meeting. Indeed, he made the now famous statement that if the "dirt on Hillary" was what it was represented to be, Junior would "love it."

This is information that is public. Because Mueller has been so secretive, we have no idea what additional information his committee might be privy to.

I'll admit a lack of objectivity but that said, I think Junior could be in considerable legal jeopardy. At a minimum, isn't it a felony to lie to a Congressional committee?

Maybe, but it’s pretty slim pickings. Goldstone’s email references “the Crown Prosecutor” which is a position that doesn’t exist in Russia, nor did anyone at the meeting introduce themselves as a representative of the Russian government by all accounts. You’d have to be able to prove Don Jr knew the Natasha lady lawyer was working for the government. Maybe, but maybe not.

And yes, lying to a committee is a serious offense. Either the committee didn’t think what he said was egregious enough to refer it to the DOJ, or they are waiting to see what Mueller does. 

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

On 8/6/2018 at 7:35 AM, retrofade said:

NO COLLUSION!

There was COLLUSION! But it was by crooked Hillary and the Democrats! LOCK HER UP!

Well, there might have been COLLUSION, but it isn't a crime.

Okay yes, there was COLLUSION, but everyone does it and it wasn't me personally. <-- We are here

Fine, I did the COLLUSION, but it wasn't my fault and it still isn't a crime.

Yes, COLLUSION like this was actually a crime, but it wasn't my fault!

Okay yes, the COLLUSION was a crime, and I did it, but you can't prosecute me for it because I'm pardoning myself!

Latest Trump statement this AM. Meaning that for sure something happened after the meeting concluded.

“Don has received notoriety for a brief meeting, that many politicians would have taken, but most importantly, and to the best of my knowledge, nothing happened after the meeting concluded.”

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-ed/la-oe-litman-lieberman-trump-tower-meeting-conspiracy-20180806-story.html

49 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

Brilliant strategy by the trump clan to accept a meeting that was set up to disparage the trump campaign !!! 

This is straight up Rebelfan stuff, and It gets better. From the linked article...

A growing body of evidence, however, indicates that the meeting may have been a setup — part of a broad effort to tarnish the Trump campaign involving Hillary Clinton operatives employed by Kremlin-linked figures and Department of Justice officials. This view, that the real collusion may have taken place among those who arranged the meeting rather than the Trump officials who agreed to attend it, is supported by two disparate lines of evidence pulled together for the first time here: newly released records and a pattern of efforts to connect the Trump campaign to Russia.

27 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

This is straight up Rebelfan stuff, and It gets better. From the linked article...

A growing body of evidence, however, indicates that the meeting may have been a setup — part of a broad effort to tarnish the Trump campaign involving Hillary Clinton operatives employed by Kremlin-linked figures and Department of Justice officials. This view, that the real collusion may have taken place among those who arranged the meeting rather than the Trump officials who agreed to attend it, is supported by two disparate lines of evidence pulled together for the first time here: newly released records and a pattern of efforts to connect the Trump campaign to Russia.

see how quietly they accept russian collusion but quickly, without evidence and overt accusation, turn it to being hillary led operation?

the standard of evidence is high and strict for testing the claim that trump colluded, but is practically a given when it's hillary

yiiiiiikes...

this is textbook propaganda and reader manipulation

all of a sudden talking about collusion like it definitely *IS* happening, but it's unnamed hillary linked kremlin and DOJ officials?  all the cloak and dagger stuff that plays into the preconceived notion

any fool on this board who has zero problems with that linked content is dead to me

1 hour ago, jackmormon said:

It gets better.  They actually hypnotized him so he cowered next to Putin and babbled on about our intelligence agencies.  Then they snapped their fingers after and he didn't remember a thing.  Very deep state stuff.

Here's the scoop on Lee Smith, whose column Hannity cites: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lee_Smith_(journalist)

Note that Smith is a "fellow" of the Hoover Institution. Consistent with the name "Hoover," who wasn't exactly a liberal president, here's the scoop on that organization: https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-Hoover-Institution-and-what-has-it-accomplished and https://www.quora.com/Why-is-the-Hoover-Institution-at-Stanford-University-committed-to-being-right-wing

History will have been made when Hannity rejects a published article for having been written by somebody he thought was too far right politically,

Boom goes the dynamite.