Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

toonkee

Trump Confesses Intent of Tower Meeting

6 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

It is pretty safe to assume Steele was using many of the same sources he had used to provide information to the FBI in the past. Information that the FBI says has proven to be accurate.

The standard to get a warrant is probable cause.

Which states are you licenced to practice law in?

You have no clue what you are talking about as usual. 

I doubt you have any college degree. 

2 minutes ago, AndroidAggie said:

What's wrong with trusting the integrity of a former MI6 dude who conducted research? 

You know how closely we work with the bits, right..? 

What's wrong with it is you have no idea who the sources are. Plus this is the most intrusive surveillance on an American citizen. Don't you want American LE or intel to at least verify the source material before you take this step? 

At this time Steele worked for a private company, Orbis. He didn't work for the British government anymore, he's a private citizen.

If Steele was still working for an official UK intel agency, and the info was from the UK government then that's a different argument. I still don't agree with it but it carries more weight. 

6 minutes ago, AndroidAggie said:

What's wrong with trusting the integrity of a former MI6 dude who conducted research? 

Just now, Rebelbacker said:

What's wrong with it is you have no idea who the sources are. Plus this is the most intrusive surveillance on an American citizen. Don't you want American LE or intel to at least verify the source material before you take this step? 

At this time Steele worked for a private company, Orbis. He didn't work for the British government anymore, he's a private citizen.

If Steele was still working for an official UK intel agency, and the info was from the UK government then that's a different argument. I still don't agree with it but it carries more weight. 

You know how closely we work with the bits, right..? 

On phone, ignore this post... Stupid board software and stupid user.

10 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

So here's the thing 

Steele wasn't spying in the sense that he had a source with trump. That would cause me alarm. 

He gathered information, I assume from his network of contacts in the Russian world, on past business dealings between Trump and Russian elements. He also got info on what Trump was trying to do about getting info from the Russians on Hilary. This isn't state craft. 

Also, the United States isn't acting in a military fashion on the intelligence gained. Which is the whole point of Intel. We are using it supplementarily (if that's a word) in the Mueller investigation 

So, yes. I am fine with what Steele did and what we are doing about it. 

5 minutes ago, AndroidAggie said:

So here's the thing 

Steele wasn't spying in the sense that he had a source with trump. That would cause me alarm. 

He gathered information, I assume from his network of contacts in the Russian world, on past business dealings between Trump and Russian elements. He also got info on what Trump was trying to do about getting info from the Russians on Hilary. This isn't state craft. 

Also, the United States isn't acting in a military fashion on the intelligence gained. Which is the whole point of Intel. We are using it supplementarily (if that's a word) in the Mueller investigation 

So, yes. I am fine with what Steele did and what we are doing about it. 

Military action isn't the whole point of intel, information is. The info can lead to military action but that is rare.

The spying took place before the Mueller investigation started.

I don't agree with your position at all. But it seems you are locked into it so I guess we can agree to disagree. 

11 hours ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

I think it’s fairly safe to assume Putin was at the least aware of what the guys doing the hacking were up to once they’d successfully breached the dnc and Podesta. But that’s my organized American bias, who knows what the hell goes on in counterintelligence in Russia. Maybe it’s all freestylers and Putin spins things as they come, without direct intervention.

5 hours ago, AndroidAggie said:

I can't link the pdf on my phone because I don't know how, but googling 'odni report putin election' will take you right to it. It specifically states that Putin ordered it:

We assess Russian President Vladimir Putin ordered an influence campaign in 2016 aimed at the US presidential election. Russia’s goals were to undermine public faith in the US democratic process, denigrate Secretary Clinton, and harm her electability and potential presidency. We further assess Putin and the Russian Government developed a clear preference for President-elect Trump. We have high confidence in these judgments. 

 We also assess Putin and the Russian Government aspired to help President-elect Trump’s election chances when possible by discrediting Secretary Clinton and publicly contrasting her unfavorably to him. All three agencies agree with this judgment. CIA and FBI have high confidence in this judgment; NSA has moderate confidence. 

 Moscow’s approach evolved over the course of the campaign based on Russia’s understanding of the electoral prospects of the two main candidates. When it appeared to Moscow that Secretary Clinton was likely to win the election, the Russian influence campaign began to focus more on undermining her future presidency. 

 Further information has come to light since Election Day that, when combined with Russian behavior since early November 2016, increases our confidence in our assessments of Russian motivations and goals.

That says to me what I thought.  Putin ordered an overall campaign to mess with the election.  Which resulted in a fishing campaign that got them into Podesta's computer and Hillary's server.

10 minutes ago, Rebelbacker said:

Military action isn't the whole point of intel, information is. The info can lead to military action but that is rare.

The spying took place before the Mueller investigation started.

I don't agree with your position at all. But it seems you are locked into it so I guess we can agree to disagree. 

We didn't know there was anything to investigate until the dossier came to light, so yeah... As a nation we are reacting accordingly. 

You keep characterizing it as spying, as though. What is the nature of the spying, specifically, and why do you think that's what happened? 

14 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Lawlor was seen buying Tostitos and shredded cheese. That is PROOF right there.

You seem more like the weirdo who eats Funyuns then obnoxiously licks his stinky fingers afterward. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

8 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

You seem more like the weirdo who eats Funyuns then obnoxiously licks his stinky fingers afterward. 

You listen here bangers and mash, I’ve never tasted a Funyun in my life.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

13 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

You listen here bangers and mash, I’ve never tasted a Funyun in my life.

tenor.gif

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

4 hours ago, Rebelbacker said:

You have no clue what you are talking about as usual. 

I doubt you have any college degree. 

Are are claiming the standard to get a warrant isn’t probable cause?

You are adding extra layers that are not required to get a warrant.