Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BleedRebelRed

Noteworthy stats on '19 offers and commits... at least nobody in the MWC offering over 200

After reading an article on some P5 schools offering hundreds of prospects (Pac-12 coaches address the issue of schools offering hundreds of prospects)

I did some quick estimating on the number of offers by MWC teams, and came up with the following (as of today):

OFFERS (ACCEPTED) Team

61    (5)   BSU
74    (1)   Wyoming
75    (7)   SDSU
82    (5)   Fresno St
99    (8)   UNLV
115  (11)  Wolf Pack
123  (3)   UNM
155  (2)   CSU

What I did note when checking Rivals:

• Surprisingly: Air Force, Hawaii, SJSU, and Utah St didn't have "findable" recruiting info tracked by Rivals and don't even have a team link
  • Our "rival conference", the AAC, has no teams without a Rivals team link
  • Collectively, BSU, SDSU, Fresno St, UNLV, and Nevada have made 432 offers and had 36 accepted (an acceptance rate of 8.3%)
  • Collectively, Wyo, UNM, and CSU have made 352 offers and had just 6 accepted, an acceptance rate of 1.7%)
  • Of the MWC schools tracked, only CSU has shelled out over 150 offers, while only 16 of the P5 schools are UNDER 150

The numbers are from Rivals, which is sketchy data at best since it relies on a lot of mediocre sources of information (social media, emails from coaches, etc.) but that is what the P5 numbers used for comparison.  The graphic below was promoting that Stanford is the most prestigious offer to get.  According to Stanford coach Shaw: " “If you've got 20 spots and you offer 300 kids, what have you done? I still don't know. I don't understand it. Because that tells me that 280 of those kids can't commit, so it's not a real offer."

The numbers say BSU is more stingy with their offers than Stanford.

P5 Offers.PNG

11 hours ago, Rofl_copter_dos said:

fresno has 6 offers accepted, rivals is missing two commits and hunter raquet is already on campus.  That said...interesting data indeed.

Rivals - like most things associated with Yahoo - seems to be on the decline.

However, 6 of Fresno State's commits have been since Monday of this week (according to 247Sports) so it isn't too bad that Rivals already includes 4 of the 6.

For SJSU, check 247/Scout to get an attempt at a listing of offers and commits. I say “attempt” because no site is able to provide a complete list of offers. Every school has had players sign LOI’s that weren’t even listed as having been offered. It’s all an inexact science.

Champ Logo.jpg

5 minutes ago, Mike Morgan said:

For SJSU, check 247/Scout to get an attempt at a listing of offers and commits. I say “attempt” because no site is able to provide a complete list of offers. Every school has had players sign LOI’s that weren’t even listed as having been offered. It’s all an inexact science.

Are you saying this because only ONE of your your top four rated commits had ONE other FBS offer (Nevada)? Lol

2 hours ago, Mike Morgan said:

specially the guys that always always show up on scholarship on day 1 of fall camp