Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4UNLV

VGK Fans

I'll be very curious to see how this season plays out for Karlsson.  He went from relative scoring obscurity (9 G, 11 A, 20 PTS in 2016; 6 G, 19 A, 25 PTS in 2017) his first two full seasons in the NHL to being #3 (43 G, 35 A, 78 PTS) in the league in 2018.  At only 25 years of age he's got a lot of potential upside.  It's just that he's never been a big goal scorer throughout his career at any level of play.  It's no wonder his contract almost went to arbitration.  How do you pay a player based just off one season, albeit a fantastic season?  It looks like both sides found middle ground with a hefty pay raise but only a one year contract.

8 hours ago, NorthWestCowboy said:

I'll be very curious to see how this season plays out for Karlsson.  He went from relative scoring obscurity (9 G, 11 A, 20 PTS in 2016; 6 G, 19 A, 25 PTS in 2017) his first two full seasons in the NHL to being #3 (43 G, 35 A, 78 PTS) in the league in 2018.  At only 25 years of age he's got a lot of potential upside.  It's just that he's never been a big goal scorer throughout his career at any level of play.  It's no wonder his contract almost went to arbitration.  How do you pay a player based just off one season, albeit a fantastic season?  It looks like both sides found middle ground with a hefty pay raise but only a one year contract.

This is a good deal for both sides.....WK gets serious boost in pay & VGK aren't on the hook for a multi-year deal should last season be a flash in the pan season.

This will allow WK to prove himself (which he likes) and also lets the VGK get a feel for what his long term worth might be

Karlsson just needed the time and right fit. I think he's got that here.

I don't think he can replicate what he did last season. He has a target on his back and a little pressure to produce as well.

He's a damn good two way player though and I'm sure VGK wants to lock him up...but not break the bank doing so.

Perfect for both sides really. Restricted Free agent again. His numbers come back down to earth a little bit and then we lock him up long term at a much better market value.

All is well, For Rice is gone.