Dogs4Me

Rypien - Best FB Player In MWC?

Rypien - Best FB Player In The MWC?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Is Rypien The Best FB Player In The MWC?

2 minutes ago, boisewitha-s said:

The real question is ryp the best qb in the mw?  

He hasn't been in any of the past three years.  He has a lot of potential and it wouldn't be a shock if he had a great year but I focus on results so far, not what might happen.

1 minute ago, Spot50B said:

He hasn't been in any of the past three years.  He has a lot of potential and it wouldn't be a shock if he had a great year but I focus on results so far, not what might happen.

What do the numbers say?  I'm guessing the best this year would probably come down to rypien and the guys from Reno, vegas and Fresno. 

"but we only lost to Stanford by 3."

33 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

He is the best skill player on the projected best team.  Kind of like Caleb Martin winning the MWCPOTY award in basketball when anybody with eyes could tell he was not the best player in the conference.  

The best players on Boise State are, IMHO

1.  Curtis Weaver

2.  Kekoa Nawahine 

3. Ezra Cleveland

4. Jabril Frazier 

5. Brett Rypien.

Do not be surprised if Rypien has a monster year though and wins MWCpothy in a landslide.  I would say it is more likely than not.

Who?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, boisewitha-s said:

What do the numbers say?  I'm guessing the best this year would probably come down to rypien and the guys from Reno, vegas and Fresno. 

My bet would be on Ty Gangi but like I said, it wouldn't surprise me if Rypien had a good year.  He usually does pretty well numbers wise but that doesn't mean he hasn't made a lot of bad decisions.  Too many pick sixes and turnovers in general.  If he can minimize those, the sky's the limit.

56 minutes ago, boisewitha-s said:

Rypien is plenty good enough for bsu to go undefeated. Harsin will be the reason for it not happening. He gets out coached on a regular basis. 

At least 75% of the games BSU has lost the last 3 years were because Rypien's unforced turnovers have put the games out of reach.

Last Year Rypien's unforced fumble lost the game for them against Washington state.  Not to mention he was over matched athletically the whole game.  He could not handle a free rusher even one that was obviously his before the snap.  Every team in the MWC knows to line up one more rusher than BSU can block and you are going to get turnovers from Rypien and maybe half a dozen.

Harsin's coaching problem which he did something about last year, was playing Rypien.  By not playing Rypien in pressure situations he had his best year easily.  His prior two years he lost multiple games for BSU.  I can't believe he makes the all conference teams he is easily the worst QB that has started in the MWC the last 3 years and it isn't much of an argument.

Preseason polls.....the best player in the MWC will show himself soon enough.  Doubt it's Rypien.   He doesn't have the receiver corps to accumulate the stats to make him a top contender IMO.  

Boise's best unit will be their D.  Their best player(s) will come from that D.  The best players on O are OLinemen and Bates at TE. 

12 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

He is the best skill player on the projected best team.  Kind of like Caleb Martin winning the MWCPOTY award in basketball when anybody with eyes could tell he was not the best player in the conference.  

The best players on Boise State are, IMHO

1.  Curtis Weaver

2.  Kekoa Nawahine 

3. Ezra Cleveland

4. Jabril Frazier 

5. Brett Rypien.

Do not be surprised if Rypien has a monster year though and wins MWCpothy in a landslide.  I would say it is more likely than not.

I like Rypien, but nobody is going to get him confused with either Derek Carr or Kellen Moore in the quarterback dept.

Last year Rypien throw 16 TD passes and 2877 yds.

Carr his senior season throw 50 TD passes and over 5000 yds in a single season when he won back to back MWCPOY honors.

Rypien wont get "anywhere" close to that this year and that is with him having a "monster" year.   

Rypien might turn out to be the best MWC QB this year, but he doesn't have much competition.

Per @kingpotato, Rypien is the best FB player...wonder what his thoughts are with respect to what the poll reflects?

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

19 minutes ago, Dogs4Me said:

Per @kingpotato, Rypien is the best FB player...wonder what his thoughts are with respect to what the poll reflects?

21 minutes ago, Dogs4Me said:

Lol... I never said that. I pointed out facts of people who have said that. I never made that claim you jabroni. You just can't get enough of me, can you? How does my asshole taste stalker?

36 minutes ago, SBBulldog85 said:

I like Rypien, but nobody is going to get him confused with either Derek Carr or Kellen Moore in the quarterback dept.

Last year Rypien throw 16 TD passes and 2877 yds.

Carr his senior season throw 50 TD passes and over 5000 yds in a single season when he won back to back MWCPOY honors.

Rypien wont get "anywhere" close to that this year and that is with him having a "monster" year.   

Rypien might turn out to be the best MWC QB this year, but he doesn't have much competition.

He also missed games last year and was playing behind an atrociously green OL for the first half of the season. The last two years in conference games he's thrown 29 TDs  and only 2 INTs with a 165 passer and 9.3 yards per attempt. After his true FR year he has been pretty money in conference.

Part of the problem is that Ryp gets compared to former QBs, and he's far from the best QB to play in Boise or in this conference for that matter. But when it comes to his resume, he destroys any other QB in this league currently. He might not be that much better than some of them, but he's accomplished more at this point in his career than all the other QBs in this league combined. I don't even think he'll be considered top 4 QBs at Boise State in the last 20 years, but when his SR year is finished, he'll have put together a pretty damn good college career.

14 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

Last Year Rypien's unforced fumble lost the game for them against Washington state.  Not to mention he was over matched athletically the whole game.  He could not handle a free rusher even one that was obviously his before the snap.  Every team in the MWC knows to line up one more rusher than BSU can block and you are going to get turnovers from Rypien and maybe half a dozen.

He only played two or three series before he got knocked out of the game and he did lead the team down the field on his first possession. The o-line is 90% to blame for Washington State.  

The games that concerned me the most were Troy (we might not have won without Cozart bailing us out), both games against Fresno (the offense was barely able to do anything) and Oregon (offense looking amazing but two pick sixes at the end of the half are just a stark reminder that the bad decisionmaking has not changed.  This was the last game that he played in).  I'm most concerned about the last three games of the season.  Yes, these were games against good teams and Boise went 2-1 in these games but....

14 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

At least 75% of the games BSU has lost the last 3 years were because Rypien's unforced turnovers have put the games out of reach.

What you said.

Rypien  undoubtedly has the best arm in the conference but there's much more to playing QB than that.

Who's a better player? Probably any of the several some Boise fans have already mentioned. Although he might not show it because of the lack of a similar supporting cast, I think Armani Rogers has a much better chance of being a long-time NFL player. Maybe not at QB but a guy that big and athletic is bound to be an excellent NFL receiver or DB if he stays healthy.

• Like 2

Boom goes the dynamite.

43 minutes ago, Spot50B said:

He only played two or three series before he got knocked out of the game and he did lead the team down the field on his first possession. The o-line is 90% to blame for Washington State.  

You don't understand o-line play.  Washington State was rushing more guys than they could block.  So the QB was responsible for the free russher.  You can see the center lean back and tell Rypien he had to watch right.  Rypien was overmatched and could not handle that responsibility.  He was a disaster and lost the game for BSU.  Luckily only one last year because in prior years he lost many more.

2 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Lol... I never said that. I pointed out facts of people who have said that. I never made that claim you jabroni. You just can't get enough of me, can you? How does my asshole taste stalker?

Don’t get your feelsies hurt...didn’t mean to trigger you like that. Need a safe space?

For the record, each of your posts in the top 25 poll about Rypien inferred that you believed him to be the best player in the MWC because others voted that way. You took the bait...

Hook.

Line.

Sinker.

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg