Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

retrofade

What is Trump even doing right now?

9 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I do not care if people like his policies enough to think it is all worth it, that is fine.  However it would be nice to hear that same crew admit he is damaging the dignity of the office of the POTUS, perhaps beyond repair for a generation to come.

Yeah, lets get a Clinton in the oval office to clean things up.  :lol:

2 hours ago, pokebball said:

If the economy stays strong nobody's going to beat him

Not so sure.  Depends on who dems run.  Always remember he lost the popular vote and dems had lower turnout than Obama years.  Give dems, especially black dems, a reason to show up and who knows?  And I think many of us learned a lesson with protest voting.  I would wager a lot of Bernie/less mainstream types are going to get in line this time around as well. The anti-trump turnout will be stronger. 

5 hours ago, TheSanDiegan said:

Here's the thing though - the absolute worst thing we can do, as a people, is to acclimate to this and let it become the "new normal."

It's abnormal as f*cking hell, and tbh I think we need to remind ourselves of that every day else we risk letting it become the new baseline for normality.

Amen!

1 hour ago, soupslam1 said:

The Republicans in the past have mostly turned the other cheek, Bush in particular. The Democrats have practiced nasty politics for years. Now that they are getting a taste of their own medicine in spades, they don’t like it. 

Image result for eye blinking meme

1 hour ago, soupslam1 said:

The Republicans in the past have mostly turned the other cheek, Bush in particular. The Democrats have practiced nasty politics for years. Now that they are getting a taste of their own medicine in spades, they don’t like it. 

giphy.gif

St-Javelin-Sm.jpgChase.jpg 

On 8/3/2018 at 9:15 PM, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Seriously though, I can not figure out if there is some reason to this.  Why does he want the news right now to be talking about this?  If he was a drinker I would chalk it up to drunk tweeting.

LeBron made a small comment during the NBA finals saying his team wouldnt be interested in visiting the White House either in response to a question about the Eagles visit cancellation.

This is just Trump being an oversensitive butthurt asshole in response to that.

As bad as the small fingered vulgarian is, those who support and normalize his behavior are 100 times worse.

We do not live in an exceptional country. We live in a racist, rude, venal greedy country with fluid morals and no ethics. Trump is a symptom of the overall rot. Not an exception, but closer the the rule.

One of the Final Five..........

Trump is indeed an unethical racist imbecilic liar.

Others down the Republican food chain are acknowledging that by their actions: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/kasich-ohio-candidate-didn-e2-80-99t-invite-trump-to-rally/ar-BBLwbPR

I'd be completely embarrassed to admit I was one of his supporters. Then again, I don't live in a county where 3/4 of the registered voters are Republican. (Thank God.)

Boom goes the dynamite.

20 minutes ago, mysfit said:

As bad as the small fingered vulgarian is, those who support and normalize his behavior are 100 times worse.

We do not live in an exceptional country. We live in a racist, rude, venal greedy country with fluid morals and no ethics. Trump is a symptom of the overall rot. Not an exception, but closer the the rule.

Total giving after accounting for inflation below.  America is more charitable now than any point in History

image.png.be318ec268d8d62515deaa9ba48ef885.png

Image result for Violent crime graph US history

racial-tolerance-map-hk-fix.jpg&w=1484

To quote you.  NEXT!!!!!

18 hours ago, soupslam1 said:

There are a lot of republicans that agree with this sentiment.   They think Romney should have replied in kind to the dirty politics Obama used running ads with him pushing grannies off cliffs.  Lying about Romney's positions.  Calling him hitler, a racist, etc...

I have heard this over and over from those on the right.  It is one of the reasons they seem to have no problem with Trump lying.

31 minutes ago, mysfit said:

And yet, he was elected and enjoys a 40ish % approval rating.

I'm not talking politicians, I'm talking voters. Our neighbors, our coworkers, us.

Same.  Look at the graphs.  I have provided you numbers, data and facts over a dozen times when you say nonsense like this and you refuse to acknowledge them.  Us, our neighbors, our coworkers, are better than at any point in history.  You are out of touch, and the data reflects that.

5 hours ago, jackmormon said:

Trump’s go to method for attacking black people is to demean their intelligence. The base eats it up.

Has anybody seen Roswell lately?

I think that is your go to method.  You are the one who thinks minorities need your help and welfare to succeed.

46 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

I think that is your go to method.  You are the one who thinks minorities need your help and welfare to succeed.

Tell that to the 85 to 90% of the folks we help who are white.

The people we serve, match up almost identically with the demographics in our area,

9 hours ago, mysfit said:

Wow, you have a lot of personal hate built up and lack perspective. You need to travel and find out what it’s like in other parts of the world. In some countries your above statements would get you thrown in prison. Despite what you say, the USA is the country most people want to immigrate to.