Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MWC Tex

Stadium TV OTA Station List (Update Feb 2019)

https://s23455.pcdn.co/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/STADIUM-OTA-CHANNELS2-11-19.pdf

Total stations now at 84. (89 with duplicate stations in some cities). 

Added within the MW footprint:

Chico-Redding, CA

Eureka, CA

21 stations now in the MW footprint. 

ABQ-Santa Fe, Bakersfield, Boise, Chico-Redding, Denver, El Paso, Eureka, Fresno, Idaho Falls - Pocatello, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Palm Springs, Phoenix, Portland, Reno, Sacramento, SLC, San Diego, Seattle-Tacoma, Yakima-Pasco, Yuma-El Centro.

Craig Thompson has been regularly going to Stadium's headquarters in Chicago to meeting with them.   Now that the MW footprint is filled in pretty well, I think Stadium is setting themselves up to push to be a bigger partner with the MW next April when the negotiations can begin.   

We'll have more games (Football, Volleyball, Soccer and Basketball) on their main channel that can be watch via OTA, Apps, Roku, Pluto TV...etc and more games on Stadium Plus and the MWDN via Stadium's platform (all which will be available to anybody in world).  ATT/Root will be out of the picture.  

29 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

@MWC TexTexDoes this mean that all MW games (football) will be on this OTA channel?  Or will some games still be on the app with the monthly fee?  Is the OTA HD?

This is good news for me though as it is now in my market.  Thanks for the heads up.

OK...let me see if I can answer. 

As of now there are no football games on the OTA channel due to existing TV contracts.  However, I was insinuating that in the next TV contract that they could be part of the TV package along with ESPN/CBSSN.  But, there will be soccer and volleyball games on your OTA channel.  

The OTA channel looks like it is SD but being digital and depending on the number of sub-channels in total it could be pretty well viewed.  My Stadium station is on a -4 sub channel but it seems they have upped the bandwidth for Stadium and while it isn't as sharp as HD, it does view pretty well even on my 55" HDTV.  Otherwise, going via Roku, website or Pluto TV, Apps...etc will get you HD. 

Some games will be on the app for free (MWDN) and on the premium Stadium Plus ($4.99/month).  

9 hours ago, MWC Tex said:

https://s23455.pcdn.co/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/STADIUM-OTA-CHANNELS7-13-18.pdf

Total stations now at 82 from 67 in April.    New stations added fills in the MW footprint.

Added within the MW footprint:

Albuquerque - Santa Fe, Denver, Boise, Idaho Falls - Pocatello, Phoenix, Sacramento, Yakima-Pasco, Yuma - El Centro.

Existing in the MW footprint

Bakersfield, El Paso, Fresno, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Palm Springs, Portland, Reno, Salt Lake City, San Diego, Seattle-Tacoma

I must not be in the right spot of town.  I get a bunch of OTA channels and I cannot find it for Phoenix.  Sucks.  

Just now, Wyobraska said:

I must not be in the right spot of town.  I get a bunch of OTA channels and I cannot find it for Phoenix.  Sucks.  

Probably 2 things.

It is a low digital station so that could be it or it may not be active yet.  I remember here in Amarillo that they advertised Stadium but it wasn't active yet.  Was about 1 month or so before it came online.

FYI.

Stadium will start showing live High Schools games this season starting 8/16 (Bingham vs Orem...not sure if those are Utah schools)

They will show games on Thursday and Friday. 

https://watchstadium.com/schedule/

Select High School Football in the Select a Sport drop down.   You can see what other sports are schedule also.   If it says Stadium it'll be on the main channel.  Otherwise, it'll state if its on a conference network or Stadium Plus. 

5 hours ago, MWC Tex said:

FYI.

Stadium will start showing live High Schools games this season starting 8/16 (Bingham vs Orem...not sure if those are Utah schools)

Great, maybe SJSU will get some coverage. 

https://s23455.pcdn.co/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/STADIUM-OTA-CHANNELS9-20-18.pdf

Updated station list. Only changes from July is a couple channel changes.

Chicago moving from low power station to full power station 62.2

Las Vegas corrected to channel 3.4.  Had it listed as 33.4 probably a typo from before.

I watched for a little bit this morning on Sling TV. What was nice was that they were showcasing the top BB G5 schools and CUSA. We need more of that bspn gives the p5 all the run they need. Can't watch a MW game without them constantly bringing up the next p5 game.

Yes, they do talk a lot about the G5 schools and in particular CUSA and MW.

I like the Sauce and Schram show also, they are pretty good.  Just some great banter between them and occasionally they talk about the MW.   

Stadium adding more cities in the MW footprint is a good thing.  I say they will be making the MW a good offer on exposure and start times.  They may not be able to offer a whole lot of money, but to have games shown on OTA TV and on their main channel on the plethora of streaming platforms will be awesome in my opinion.    

Stadium OTA and I guess all Stadium broadcasts suck, suck, suck. The games however are not to bad.  I guess I should not complain as they are free. If they would get rid of the programs where people scream at each other and argue it would be a great improvement. I do have to say CUSA is much worse than I ever imagined. They are like an entire league of SJSU. The MWC deserves better.

8 hours ago, 1066 said:

Stadium OTA and I guess all Stadium broadcasts suck, suck, suck. The games however are not to bad.  I guess I should not complain as they are free. If they would get rid of the programs where people scream at each other and argue it would be a great improvement. I do have to say CUSA is much worse than I ever imagined. They are like an entire league of SJSU. The MWC deserves better.

What program do they have where they scream at each other?  Campus Insiders - no, Emerge - No, The Rally - no, Sauce and Shram - not really...I have yet to see them scream at each other.  

9 hours ago, 1066 said:

There's some irony here...

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

So on my Sling Orange package, I get 4 Stadium channels. Was just now channel surfing, and I come across the UNM/FSU ladies bb game... cool!

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."