Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

toonkee

The NRA Says it's in Deep Financial Trouble

On 8/3/2018 at 9:27 AM, BSUTOP25 said:

This thread is guaranteed to instigate a synchronized rub off for the lunatic fringe authoritarian nutter leftists ... 

20 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

The smell of euphoric jizz is so strong in here .... LOL

Best of luck in wishing for the NRA to go away. 

4 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Yeah well, in spite of the authoritarian jizz fest, the NRA will adjust and correct their finances. They aren’t going away. 

Dude...we get it...gross.

48 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Dude...we get it...gross.

Authoritarianism is disgusting. Agreed.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

23 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

They provide all kinds of training materials, grants, and facilities for safety training for kids, adults and law enforcement.  There grants support many of the gun ranges around the country.  As well as almost all gun safety training.

https://explore.nra.org/interests/safety-and-education/

https://www.nrafoundation.org/grants/range-grant-guidelines/

https://www.nrafoundation.org/grants/grant-program-guidelines/

https://www.nrafoundation.org/grants/

Do they offer free or low cost courses anywhere? Because in my neck of the woods, an NRA basic pistol course is around $100, and you bring your own ammo. That doesn't seem significantly cheaper than a class offered by your local gun store or other for-profit business. 

19 hours ago, retrofade said:

You completely missed my point. The amount that the NRA spent in comparison to Democrat donors is irrelevant. I'm bringing up that in 2016, they spent $46M more than they brought in, including $50+ million in political advertising, and were down almost 50% in assets from the beginning of 2016 compared to the end of the year. Given that spending, the fact that donations were likely down closer to their 2015 levels in 2017, and their protracted legal battle with NY for offering insurance deemed illegal, and it shouldn't be surprising that they're in such dire financial straits right now. 

By electing Trump and basically flipping Garland for Gorsuch, the NRA saved individual gun rights for another couple of decades from authoritarians like you.

Whatever they spent was worth it when it comes to individual rights seeing that the right to own a gun was going to be over if Garland became a justice.

That does not change the fact they spend most of their money on gun safety, grants for ranges and gun competitions.

On 8/3/2018 at 9:30 AM, UNLV2001 said:

Glee on one side :cheer:.............and panic for the gun fetishists  :suicide:

I’m not so sure it will break that way.  It’s just another example of politicians (or the Majority) using business as means to silence the opposition.   I’m no fan of what NRA has become but I far more greatly fear the mantra that it’s okay to attack those whose speech you oppose by leveraging businesses to punish them.  

Just now, sactowndog said:

I’m not so sure it will break that way.  It’s just another example of politicians (or the Majority) using business as means to silence the opposition.   I’m no fan of what NRA has become but I far more greatly fear the mantra that it’s okay to attack those whose speech you oppose by leveraging businesses to punish them.  

I see it as the possible demise of one massive PAC that has vast influence over politicians & policies 

2 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

I see it as the possible demise of one massive PAC that has vast influence over politicians & policies 

They only have influence because a whole bunch of people agree with them despite authoritarian leftists like you demonizing them.

Just now, UNLV2001 said:

If people stop giving to it fine.  But for politicians to pressure banks and insurance companies to quit doing business with them due to their beliefs is just another step to losing the freedoms our fore fathers fought to secure. 

Just now, sactowndog said:

If people stop giving to it fine.  But for politicians to pressure banks and insurance companies to quit doing business with them due to their beliefs is just another step to losing the freedoms our fore fathers fought to secure. 

The NRA threatens politicians to do their bidding - not a lot of difference - And as far as the 2nd A, it can be altered or revised like any other amendment if the will of the people is there to make any changes. 

10 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

The NRA threatens politicians to do their bidding - not a lot of difference - And as far as the 2nd A, it can be altered or revised like any other amendment if the will of the people is there to make any changes. 

Huge difference.   Threatening a politician you will mobilize the vote against them is the point of politics.   The opponents of the NRA are free to do the same.    

If I read it correctly, Getting their employer or banker or insurance agent to fire you or refuse to do business with you because you want to silence/attack them is wrong.   I know I’m the lone voice in the wilderness on this point but as long as the business persons rights  take precedence over all other rights, and are not appropriately balanced, we will have no rights left in this country. 

10 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

Again, they can only threaten politicians because a whole bunch of people who vote pay attention and vote in agreement with many of the NRA positions.

It is called democracy, leftist authoritarians like you hate that.

1 minute ago, bluerules009 said:

Again, they can only threaten politicians because a whole bunch of people who vote pay attention and vote in agreement with many of the NRA positions.

The NRA is effective because a lot of right wing voters are driven to the polls by two issues - Guns & Abortion - Run those two things up the flag pole & it draws their base to the polls .......that's why the NRA always screams about democrats coming for your guns - it's a lie, but it gets the gun fetishists running to vote 

1 minute ago, bluerules009 said:

Blues you and others like you are going to have to choose.   We have argued this point many times and yet here it is again.  

Either businesses will have the right to do whatever they want and the rest of us will have no rights or reasonable constraints will have to be put on what actions a business person can take against someone for actions outside of the business context.  

Having it both ways is not possible as politicians on the left and right are using business as the means to attack and silence their opponents. 

In related news...

Last month, a woman named Maria Butina was arrested and charged with conspiracy.  Prosecutors alleged that she flagrantly violated the Foreign Agents Registration Act, acting as an unregistered Russian agent within the United States of America. The indictment, which appears to have potentially implicated the National Rifle Association and those within the GOP to some extent, was yet another name among the dozens of individuals that the Mueller probe has been responsible for charging thus far.

While Butina’s charges didn’t directly implicate the Trump campaign, those she associated closely with, including activist Paul Erickson, were in communication with the campaign. Today, however, things got a bit more interesting.

CNN has reported that sources familiar with Butina at the American University in Washington D.C., which she attended, now claim that Butina spoke freely to her classmates about her ties to the Russian government. According to one source, Butina said that she was a middleman or liaison between the Trump campaign and the Russians.

Additionally, sources are now claiming that Butina got drunk at least a couple of times and opened up to classmates regarding her close ties to the Russian government, going as far as admitting to them that the Russian Intelligence Service (the Russian version of America’s CIA) was involved in her gun rights group. Classmates were so disturbed by her claims that they reported them to law enforcement.

Butina’s arrest may be of deep significance to investigators and prosecutors working with the Special Counsel’s office, as there are clear ties between her, Russian intelligence, the NRA and the GOP. If the statements made by her to her classmates are true, then there appears to also be a significant link to the Trump campaign as well.  These claims also make one wonder if she actually knew something that the rest of us didn’t, while declaring that Donald Trump won the election, on Facebook, prior to him actually winning.

It is also being reported that senior Trump staffer, JD Gordon, was bang, er socializing with Butina in the weeks leading up to the election.

Maria Butina, the Russian gun-rights activist who was charged last month with working as an unregistered agent of the Kremlin, socialized in the weeks before the 2016 election with a former Trump campaign aide who anticipated joining the presidential transition team, emails show, putting her in closer contact with President Trump’s orbit than was previously known.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-associate-socialized-with-alleged-russian-agent-maria-butina-in-final-weeks-of-2016-campaign/2018/08/03/d87c1d84-96a6-11e8-80e1-00e80e1fdf43_story.html?utm_term=.56d6f32a6865

37 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Blues you and others like you are going to have to choose.   We have argued this point many times and yet here it is again.  

Either businesses will have the right to do whatever they want and the rest of us will have no rights or reasonable constraints will have to be put on what actions a business person can take against someone for actions outside of the business context.  

Having it both ways is not possible as politicians on the left and right are using business as the means to attack and silence their opponents. 

I see no conflict with everyone having free speech.  When you start choosing who gets free speech @UNLV2001 will use that precedent to take all your individual rights away.

41 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

The NRA is effective because a lot of right wing voters are driven to the polls by two issues - Guns & Abortion - Run those two things up the flag pole & it draws their base to the polls .......that's why the NRA always screams about democrats coming for your guns - it's a lie, but it gets the gun fetishists running to vote 

Voters on the left are driven by Guns and Abortion as well.  There is no difference.  Well except democrats drive there base to the polls with racism as well.  Trump really must piss leftists like you off by stealing the racism card and using it against you.

We were one supreme court justice from losing our gun rights 2 years ago.  Screaming about democrats coming for your guns when Heller was a 5-4 decision and Garland voted to take the guns away in that same case at the appeal level.  Means that our gun rights would be gone today, with Garland on the court.

You claiming different is just you lying, because you aren't that dumb.

1 hour ago, UNLV2001 said:

.......that's why the NRA always screams about democrats coming for your guns - it's a lie, but it gets the gun fetishists running to vote 

Not too long ago Dems, CNN and nearly all media just propped up high school kids as talking heads of the anti-gun movement claiming common sense gun laws without any of the common sense.

Plus like 2 posts earlier you talk about the 2nd amendment being revised with enough support.

You hard on leftist are way too emotionally unstable and arrogantly uninformed to have any real say at the table about the 2nd amendment.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

As for the NRA financials, I'm sure they're gonna be just fine.

AS bluerules said...they spend nowhere near as much as the top Democrat donors and obviously they blew their whole load making sure SHillary didn't get in there.

If anything this is working right into their favor. Loons on the left are cheering the misleading headlines while NRA gets to oust the banks/businesses that are hesitant to do business with them.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

1 hour ago, bluerules009 said:

I see no conflict with everyone having free speech.  When you start choosing who gets free speech @UNLV2001 will use that precedent to take all your individual rights away.

It’s not free speech to prevent others from exercising their right.   So apparently you think it’s fine if Banks choose to not do business with any registered gun owner.